As with all marketing, Semara takes a few liberties. It claims to be a resort - which I guess it is. It has a gym, kids club, pool, spa, and restaurant - however my experiences of a 'resort' has always been something with a bit more space.
We'll start with the rooms. Ours was marketed as a 'family suite' which is clearly wasn't. A suite has a bedroom separate to the living area, whereas our room was a (very comfortable) king size bed with two rollaways. We knew this going in so it wasn't a problem, and the balcony was large enough with a day bed that we could use it as a de-facto living room to read books while the kids slept. Nonetheless the room was immaculate and well-equipped - even having universal power sockets so we didn't need travel adaptors - a very nice touch!!! The bathroom was huge, with plenty of space for a two person tub, large shower, and his and hers vanities.
The pool area is great. A 25 meter pool is big enough for recreation, with comfy banana lounges all round and even little huts with daybeds down one end. Food and drink service from the adjacent cafe was prompt and quite cheap. Our kids ordered $3- meals with $1.50 milkshakes The staff were delightful.
The spa was an unexpected surprise. Spacious and classy, the staff were amazing and the prices only slightly higher than you'd find in town or on the beach but in a far more relaxing atmosphere.
The "Deck" restaurant was OK, average food at cheap prices. Hamburgers, fish and chips, nasi goreng and a few others are on the unchanging menu along with soups and desserts.
What really gives this place an advantage is it is RIGHT NEXT DOOR to POTATO HEAD BEACH CLUB!!!!
While the resort itself has no beach access, you can duck out the front and walk down the driveway next door to the beach club which has a beautiful infinity pool overlooking the beach, with great food and cheap drinks in an atmosphere of utter luxury.
You won't find tennis courts, golf greens, and other 'resort' type things at Semara, but we found it very easy to pass five days at this property and were quite happy with what is on offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Semara Resort and Spa, is perfectly located in the heart of Seminyak and only a short walk to the beach. You will find us conveniently situated between W Resort and Spa and Ku De Ta. Our luxury boutique resort is set amongst superbly landscaped tropical gardens where one can take in the ambiance from their own private balcony or enjoy a cocktail or sumptuous tasty treat by the pool. At Semara, we place particular emphasis on spa treatments & wellness activities such as yoga and aqua aerobics and for those traveling with children, we will be offer the island's best kids club experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, AsiaRooms, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Semara Resort And Spa Seminyak
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Bali