“Sensational Spa Treatments” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Petitenget, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #73 of 115 Hotels in Seminyak
“Sensational Spa Treatments”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My mum and I stayed here and visited the spa every day for massages and treatments. They were very professional and the service was great. The food was good, and the rooms nicely presented and clean.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We have been to Bali many times, never stayed in Seminyak nor in smaller Resort. All we can say about our week is FABULOUS! Starting with our booking through My Holiday Centre and Hayley Powell, she is so efficient!! Highly recommended! Our pickup at airport had us through Customs so quickly. Everyone at The Semara Resort were helpful and friendly. Our Upstairs Superior Room near the Spa was very clean, comfortable and spacious. Bed really comfotable and great size bathroom. Large daybed on our balcony had a lot of use!! Never had so many massages in one week!! Our week had Happy Hour around pool and every second night excellent resturant specials. Day beds and lounge beds around pool were very inviting, so much nicer than usual plastic ones! When we booked there was no mention of Kiddies Club but was open when we arrived. People said it was really good and going by what we saw the children doing it was. We don't travel in school holidays now. Did not have an issue with noise. Quick Transfers home with stop in aIr-conditioned and comfortable Airport Lounge was a lovely end to a great week. Thanks Hayley, we will certainly book through you again!

Room Tip: No lifts. Choose ground floor if steps are a problem. Superior ground floor rooms have a grassed cou...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

thats all i can say great the pool was big and the gym was fabulous with all you need 2 treadmills, cross trainer,bike,weights.

the spa was soooooooo relaxing and the massages were 5 star.
loved highly recommended

Room Tip: all rooms are fabulous
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Lovely hotel, gorgeous rooms. We were pleasantly surprised with a room upgrade. The rooms are spacious and very modern. Great bar and pool area. Very friendly staff. The location is great, close walk to Seminyak shopping district and very close to good bars and restaurants. Reasonably priced. Great stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

we stayed at Semara after discovering it on a previous trip to Bali.
Our room was comfortable although there was a lack of storage space for clothes so we lived out of the suitcase for 10 days. Our room was quite noisy at night with the long drive way to Potato Head beach club backing on to our room and the Semara staff setting up the pool area at 6am.
Great pool area and bar in the resort but the front bar, restaurant area lacks atmosphere as they try to make it too many things so nothing works. The food is average and other guests complained about the buffet breakfast but we had great coffee before we at out at other breakfast venues.
We would go back to Semara but book the most expensive room for the storage space and hopefully quieter side of the resort,
The day spa is very nice and they have a kids club which all the kids loved as did we with out kids as it kept them away from the pool area all morning.

Room Tip: book the bigger rooms for a better stay
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed for 8 nights over Christmas 2011 with wife and 15 month old. Unfortunately bub was too young for the great looking kids club. But mum loved the spa! Staff were wonderful, paying particular attention to the little one who loved every bit of it.

The location is outside the main Seminyak shopping area and a bit of a walk to the less than wonderful Seminyak beach but the resort facilities mean you don't have to leave if you don't feel like it. Menus were a little limited but all the food was well prepared and tasty.

Overall I would recommend Semara particularly with 2 to 10 year old kids as they can be well entertained while you enjoy the spa or a trip into Seminyak for shopping.

• Stayed December 2011
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I am a 58 year old ausie lady and was experiencing my 1st holiday on my own. My son's bought me 12 nights -14 day's at Semara after doing much research, hoping I would be well looked after.
They did exceptionally well, as my every need was attended to with grace and efficiency. After 2 days every staff member knew my name and for the entirety of my stay I felt like I was surrounded by family.
This was my 5th visit to Bali over 15 years and my most enjoyable due to the comfort and care Semara provided.
It is truly an exceptional Resort.....
eg. The last day of my stay I felt unwell and although I was due to vacate my room at 11am a manager Simon Blaby ( who alway's seemed to be in touch with all that was happening at Semara ) arranged via Shelly-Op Manager for me to stay in my room and sleep the afternoon before my flight at no extra charge.
Kindest Regards
Ronnie.

Room Tip: I was there long enough to view the choice of rooms and all were excellent. All requirements can be...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak? Share your experiences!