This is our third trip to bali together and of all our asian holidays - this holiday was by far one of the best and one of the most relaxing we have had.
We normally book large 5 star resorts as we have in the past felt that they offer so much more then smaller resorts so booking Semara was very unusual for us but we woulnd't change a thing and would definately go back in the future.
The hotel is beautifully done - we stayed in a suite as opposed to the poolside rooms and would recommend spending the extra money as the poolside rooms don't appear to offer a huge amount of privacy and the suites are massive with a lovely day bed on the balcony or verandah and the bathrooms have been beautifully fitted out. The bed was amazingly comfortable and probably for the 6 nights we stayed - we slept far too well!!!!
We decided not to have breakfast included and ate at the resort when we felt like it. We never had the buffet so I can't comment but the a-la-carte breakfast menu was beautiful and the food was presented beautifully and tasted the same. Other mornings we ventured out to the Bali Bakery (at Seminyak Square) and to the Grocer's Grind... of which I would defaintely return to the Bali Bakery!
My husband does get a little bored of lying around the pool reading which is why we normally book larger resorts as they have activities like table tennis... the pool was not large in the scheme of things but it was beautiful and the time we did spend by the pool was just perfect and very relaxing.
The staff are very friendly and attentative and the service is in my opinion outstanding. The location is fabulous and is right next door to potato head which we frequented a lot and just down the road from La Luciola (perfect food). It was a fair taxi ride into Kuta due mostly due to the huge traffic delays especially at night time but hey that's Bali!
We are a young couple with no kids and found that this resort was fantastic and would definately think about going back when we go back to Bali.
- Also Known As:
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Hotel
- Semara Resort And Spa Seminyak
- Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Semara Resort and Spa, is perfectly located in the heart of Seminyak and only a short walk to the beach. You will find us conveniently situated between W Resort and Spa and Ku De Ta. Our luxury boutique resort is set amongst superbly landscaped tropical gardens where one can take in the ambiance from their own private balcony or enjoy a cocktail or sumptuous tasty treat by the pool. At Semara, we place particular emphasis on spa treatments & wellness activities such as yoga and aqua aerobics and for those traveling with children, we will be offer the island's best kids club experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, AsiaRooms, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Semara Resort & Spa Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.