“dont waste your money” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #246 of 322 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Fremantle, Australia
“dont waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

It looks good but its not if you can relax to the roar of traffic and the construction site across the road then go for it!! i got bitten to pieces by mozzies and because i had paid a deposit I lost my money they wouldnt refund. I sent an email with the other review to rudi before i left australia asking what he had to say about it. apparently it was nothing as i never had a reply. I will never stay in a place where the owner cant even be bothered returning emails and wont give a refund when the property is not what was described!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We picked Drupradi Studio Apartments as the photos on their website portrayed very reasonably priced bright airy rooms with a decent sized pool.

Unfortunately, in reality, the rooms are very far from what was portrayed. They probably resembled those in the photos year ago, but in their current condition, it was more of a guesthouse with thin sheets, towels with holes, bathroom tiles that need a good grouting, hot showers that work intermittently and furniture in need of renewing.

My friends who booked the room next to us forfeited their money and checked into a proper resort for approximately the same price, with hot showers that work, and proper resort facilities including a pool big enough to swim in and breakfast included.

The security of the rooms were questionable as the door were glass patio doors with locks that didn't seem secure. One night we came home and our door was unlocked. Nothing was missing - we just assumed housekeeping forgot to lock the door after tidying up.

However pleasant and obliging the staff were, I don't think we would stay there again. There just are too many other options in a similar price range that offers dependable ameneties you would expect from a stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Ok, I've spent 3.5 months living in this studio apartment here. It is exactly what it says on the tin. The is a room, a small kitchenette and a bathroom. The sliding doors to the room open out to the pool area. There are 7 studios in a line.

All the rooms are A/C and with a ceiling fan.

The kitchenette doesn't come fully stocked with all the utensils you'll need for cooking, but I didnt really cook here myself. Im sure something could be arranged if you so requested. There is a mid-sized fridge, and now all rooms have a wall-mounted plasma TV, with USB port - which I find excellent.

The lads that work here are all friendly, and despite not having great English skills, are incredibly helpful to any requests you have.

If you want to be in the heart of Seminyak at a reasonable cost (ie. you dont want to stay at a resort hotel), then this is just perfect - particularly for extended stays. It takes literally 10mins to walk to the beach, there are a couple of cheap warungs (small restaurants) within a few mins walk. Taxi's are very easy to catch from the front and a ride into the main restaurant street of Seminyak is about 5 mins.

WiFi is provided here inclusive and worked perfectly for my entire stay here.,, and I am connected permanently!

Bathrooms are good, but could do with a bit of an upgrade.

For a place that was charging me roughly 20USD a day (on longer term basis) - this was excellent value for what I've got.

The owner, Rudi, often drops in to check up on things, and I've even seen him getting his hands dirty when they were spring cleaning the property - trimming back the garden and such. He is a very approachable, friendly and soft-spoken chap.

Overall, it has been a pleasure staying here and I would certainly, both recommend this place (I've already had friends stay here, as well as family) and return to this location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Drupadi Apartments when we first arrived in Bali. On the plus side, they're well presented and finished to a generally high standard. The staff were very friendly (though not great English) and sorted us out with a scooter at a decent price.
On the down side, the location is pretty poor if you're on foot as it's a 15 minute walk, often without a pavement / sidewalk to get to either the beach or the main road. There's also an empty field opposite the apartments which seems to be a local dumping ground for rubbish, though you can't see this when you're inside thanks to the perimeter wall.
Overall, our stay was fine but I'm sure you can do better. We moved out after 2 days in order to do a diving course in Sanur where we found decent, cheap accommodation directly on the main road.

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Drupadi Studio Apartments? Share your experiences!