“Always go back” 4 of 5 stars

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 attraction reviews
“Always go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We always stop go to espace whenever we're in Bali. The massages are well priced and generally very good. The rooms are clean, they may seem a little shabby, but I prefer cleanliness over anything else. The staff are very attentive, and always ask if things are ok- too hard/ soft etc. I've also tried the facial (was ok) and the body scrub (very good).

ESPACEBALI, General Manager at Espace Spa, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Lee - sunset,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Espace Spa.
We try really hard to make sure each and every guest has the most professional spa experience from start to finish.
Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation , We look forward to your next visit to Espace Spa

Best Regards - The Management

• Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
“The worst massage in Bali and in the World E V E R !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I already wrote a review about the ESPACE SPA long time ago, but somehow my review has been removed or disappeared from Tripadvisor..? That's why I have to write again, so other people can read the truth about this massage place. I mean, it is good to know, what could happen there.

Originally we tried this "Espace Spa" because of good reviews. My choice was normal full body massage and my wife's choice was stone massage, and our expectations were high, of course.

From the outside this place looks ok, but when they take you in the massage room, it's totally different feeling there. Dark, shady, untidy room, where the air condition was set too freezing cold. We kindly asked the staff to adjust the air condition more warm or switch it off. Nothing happened.
Unprofessional massage ladies were talking and laughing to each other during the massage...not nice for the customer while you're trying to relax...right?
I asked many times for a medium strong massage, but it was too strong all the time. Good massage is not meant to be hurting you or cause any bruising! Bruises appeared after that massage session, my skin and muscles were really sore. The worst part is still coming up...

Next came the stones for my wife's stone massage. Massage lady accidentally dropped some stones to the floor, bang, bang, bang...maybe stones were too hot for her hands? The next thing what happened, they started the massage with those stones. Too hot stones burned my wife's skin and she screamed "take those stones away immediately!" As the result there was some burns on the back of my wife... We also mentioned about this incident to the "manager" or who ever was in charge at the front desk that day. They denied everything and we had to pay full price for burning of the skin of my wife and bruising my body...VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!

Cashier was only thing that worked properly at the ESPACE SPA. They managed to get all the money.

We definitely DO NOT go back there again - NOT EVEN FOR FREE!!!

NOTE! This is my only one "TERRIBLE" rating in Tripadvisor so far...

Visited May 2012
ESPACEBALI, General Manager at Espace Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Sunshine 1933,

Thank you for your negative comments it helps the management to better monitor quality.
We do remember very well the very negative comment. We do not remember yours in May 2012.
We have informed TripAdvisor about your comment, "Review being erased ".

We have reviewed all our bookings with Warm Stone and massage in May in the same room. We have found a lot of different dates.
Can you please help us by advising us if you can remember the approximate date, time and name you have used for your invoice.

Thanking you a lot of in advance - The Management
“Worst massage in Bali”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Read about this place on t a had a massage everyday for a week in Bali. This was the worst. My girl friend got a facial and the last coughed in her face the whole time.she Had my Hands above my head for 45 min very uncomfortable, did a weak rub and pinched my ankles, told me to lay on my side and only did one side. Never had a side rub.

ESPACEBALI, General Manager at Espace Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Rootsog,

Thank you for your review , though it is negative. It does help us monitor whatever might need prompt attention .

Please help us out investigating by forwarding the date of your treatment and Name for reservation.We have checked our reservations log book. Was your Treatment "on Feb 1st or 8th"?

Thanking you in advance

Best Regards
Espace Spa Management
“Good specialists and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Really good place for relaxing. Massage is high level. If you want to know what is a real balinese massage choose espace!

ESPACEBALI, General Manager at Espace Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Umnica,
Thank you for visiting Espace Spa and taking the time to share your fantastic spa experience on TripAdvisor.
High level means a lot of training for sensitivity. Traditional Oriental - Full Body is our signature massage. Our own rejuvenating and stimulating blend of techniques,combine long massage strokes, deep stimulation on muscles and joints along with great stretching
We will share with the team and encourage them to continuously

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Bali
Best Regards - The Management
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Fantastic massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, we booked a one hour massage for 3 of us. We'd had several "in villa" massages that were more of a "why bother" than relaxing, so we were really looking for firm massages that actually did their job.

What a great spa!!

On arrival we were given delicious cold ginger tea which we also requested (and were given) before we left too. Yum.

My hubby and I had adjoining rooms and female therapists, and both our therapists were FANTASTIC, really got into the muscles and did the job. Our friend (male) asked for a male therapist and he doesn't like firm massages so requested a medium strength massage. He said the massage was ok, but both hubby and I loved ours and wanted firm massages, which we got. Perhaps he should have requested a firm massage after all.

The spa was very clean, the rooms were pleasant and the oils were lovely. After massaging our bodies, the therapists then washed their hands before they returned to massage our heads and temples.

At one stage of our massage, all three of us started to drift off into slumber, which was totally awesome. During our "why bother" massages this never happened, I think because we were more frustrated than relaxed. Not at Espace however!

Before we left we were asked if we wanted a shower and I spied a bag of toiletries in our rooms. However we declined the offer as we were heading back to our villa soon after.

Staff at the desk were incredibly polite and fluent in English and helped us with directions on our way out.

We were so impressed we will be booking massages (and maybe some other treatments) every day for the remainder of our holiday.

Highly recommended :-)

Visited January 2013
ESPACEBALI, Manager at Espace Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Espace Spa on TripAdvisor.
At Espace Spa we work really hard to offer our guest a professional spa experience from start to finish.

We look forward to seeing you again on Espace Spa on your next holiday to Bali

Warmest Regards from all of us