“Beautiful private villa!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Villais Exclusive Villa & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Villais Exclusive Villa & Spa to your Saves list
La Villais Exclusive Villa & Spa
4.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jl. Beraban, Banjar Taman, Seminyak, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #11 of 75 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Darwin, Australia
“Beautiful private villa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends and both of us had our own one bedroom villa, service was great and the private swimming pool and shower was a treat! No complaints about the room, it's alitttle off the beaten path in seminyak and we had a hard time with taxis knowing where to go! The food was average but otherwise we would stay again!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

WOW! We booked a 1brm private pool villa via Wotif.com for 5 nights for a romantic holiday without out kids. From the moment we were picked up from the airport late at night to when they dropped us back to the airport, the staff were always very helpful and welcoming but also respected our privacy. I'm glad that we stayed here as it was one of the three things I actually liked about Bali. It is walking distance to cafes restaurants shops and the beach. The food from their restaurant was lovely with great portions. The villa was amazing, though the bed was a little firm however not uncomfortable. The bathroom was beautiful with an abundance of fluffy white towels. There was also a personal safe in the room which was very convenient as was the filtered water cooler as we never had to buy water. We were in Villa 4 which is totally private so lots of skinny dipping for us hehe. If it was just for the villa, I would go back again however didn't enjoy Bali at all

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was here with family and we rented the two bedroom villa. As soon as we arrived we were greeted very graciously by the staff and that really set the tone for our stay here. The villa was absolutely gorgeous, a beautiful private pool, a wonderful kitchen area with a water filter just all the works. Since it is placed between a lot of trees and grass expect some ants, mosquitoes and bugs but all that is secondary to the comforts of the villa. Wonderful high roofs, beautifully made bed with a mosquito net, a very colonial feel to the place. The place seemed ideal for honeymooners and we as a family felt a little overwhelmed by the privacy of the place in that regard. The marble bathrooms with the wonderful tub, the great sink it was all very wonderful. The high roofs are a disadvantage as the air conditioner is not as effective as a result but that is a very small inconvenience. The golf cart pickup seems like a waste of time but it not a major issue. Also the place is near good restaurants and bars so just walk out to explore. The only thing missing here is the beach that is a small price to pay to stay in a busy part of town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Darwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were lucky enough to score some discounted accommodation through wotif. The location for us was excellent. A 5 minute walk to the one of main streets. The accommodation itself was fine, although I doubt I'd ever pay full price for it though. The pool was sparkling clean which was great. The bed was very comfortable as well. The only real downside was probably the lighting in the bathroom. They are quite dimly lit. The shower head was a bit iffy with a seal problem but we don't often worry about minor things like that.

The food was ok for a buffet breakfast. Not outstanding but it was good enough for what it is. We most ate out and about anyway.

The service from the staff was absolutely outstanding. They were always very friendly and extremely helpful. They held our bags for a full day after checkout while we were waiting for our return flight which was 8.00pm that night. We spent the whole day out and when we returned to collect our bags they offered us a room to go and have a shower and freshen up before taking us to the airport. You would never get that service in Australia.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This resort looks wonderful from the face of it (unable to load the photos due to problems on this site), but in reality the hotel was all looks and no substance. We only stayed for two nights, and on the first night, I couldn't even take a 10 mins shower as it was completely flooded in the bathroom after 10 mins of running the shower. This was also the case in the other room. Perhaps my expectations was slightly different as the two bedroom villas were priced at approximately £300- £400.

Wifi- For those of you who like to stay connected to the internet whilst in the villa, you really have to make sure you stay active on your device, or you have to re log-in with full sign-on and password details every time you are inactive on your device. And the wi-fi is not automatically detected the second time you log on. You will have to re login everytime. The only place where you can be constantly logged on is in the reception area.

Aircon- The aircon is very noisy and whilst there are two units servicing the bathroom and bedroom, it is not sufficient to cool the bedroom for the temperatures of Bali if you do not switch them both on constantly and leave the sliding door to the bathroom open the entire time.

Cleanliness- We've had to request the mosquito nets be replaced after the first night as it was so dirty. Additionally there were holes in the bedding and stains on the bedsheets. The swimming pool was kept mostly clean, but given that I had seen a rat whose body length (excluding tail) was no less than 25cm run across the living area next to the pool, I didn't even want to take a dip in the pool as I could be sharing a pool with our unwanted guest.

Convenience - Our two bedroom villa was right at the end of the whole avenue of villas, and no one wouldn't want to walk it in the heat, which means getting a buggy everytime you want to go out, I understand that the one bedroom villas are much nearer to the reception area, so if you do stay here request one closer to reception. The villa is also located within walking distance to the shops and restaurants however I would advise against walking in the dark back to the hotel. Get a metered taxi, even metered cab drivers will try and negotiate a set fee, like the one who tried to take me back from Kudeta to the villa for 5 times the cost of what I paid my metered taxi, I didn't fall for that one as I had already asked how much it would roughly cost before I went there!

Transport- Free transport was offered to get to the airport, we didn't choose to use it as we had already booked a driver for our entire trip, but I understand from the other reviews, this service isn't always the best. There was a shuttle service to the Seminyak beach as it was not walking distance, but there aren't hourly shuttles, I understand there are only 3/4 shuttles a day which limits your options.

Food - Now I'm fairly picky about my food, but I've always tried to take my expectations down a level when it came to food in a hotel during breakfast, but even with my much lowered standards, I felt that the breakfast buffet was lacking, the fruits were unripe (hard and not sweet) be it the melon, watermelon or pineapple. The other hot foods served looked like recycled food from the night before (which I think was noted in other reviews so I will not go into further details). They were often hard and very oily. Some food were not labelled so I had to ask, and even then the waitresses had to go into the kitchen to ask the chefs what was being served. This was the case on both days.

Service- The staff were all very friendly and helpful with suggestions.

Room Tip: Request a room close to reception
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

After numerous emails confirming arrival dates and flight numbers and times we were left at airport arrivals for well over an hour after clearing customs etc. To be hassled for lifts , taxis and accom by anybody passing. Eventually got airport information to ring for us but wrong number given on their email confirmation. We arrived in daylight and got there in dark. Not a cheap place to stay and expected a lot better. Didn't even get apology when checking in. Making lift arrangements with driver to take us onward to ubud he offered it for $ 30 but when we tried to confirm the night before were told $50 by receptionist, would not stay here again as coming and leaving this place was nothing but a frustrating hassle.
Dean

• Stayed March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have recently returned from staying 5 nights at La Villais in a 1 bedroom villa with my husband. Have stayed in a number of other villas in Seminyak in the last year or two I have to say this brought together all the best elements experienced before.

The location was great for us - only a few minutes walk to Jalan Oberoi with the myriad of eating establishments (highly recommend The Bistrot, Chandi and Sate Bali) as well as shops and spas.

The Villa itself was beautifully appointed - clean and well maintained. The pool was a good size, regularly cleaned and the perfect spot to cool off after exploring. The bedroom was spacious with plenty of room to stow luggage. The bed was comfortable and linen was clean and changed regularly. The mosquito nets protected us from bites along with the regular spraying etc by staff. Staff at the villa were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast each morning in the restaurant was plentiful and varied and the two times were ordered room service it was delivered quickly and was delicious.

We were one of the further away villas and while we had no problem walking to and from the main building staff were happy to provide a lift on the golf cart buggies when required.

Would definitely recommend these villas to others visiting Seminyak - in fact we already have!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Villais Exclusive Villa & Spa? Share your experiences!