“Excellent service, would recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Villais Exclusive Villa & Spa

Save Saved
You added La Villais Exclusive Villa & Spa to your Saves list
La Villais Exclusive Villa & Spa
4.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jl. Beraban, Banjar Taman, Seminyak, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #10 of 75 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Darwin
“Excellent service, would recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were lucky enough to score some discounted accommodation through wotif. The location for us was excellent. A 5 minute walk to the one of main streets. The accommodation itself was fine, although I doubt I'd ever pay full price for it though. The pool was sparkling clean which was great. The bed was very comfortable as well. The only real downside was probably the lighting in the bathroom. They are quite dimly lit. The shower head was a bit iffy with a seal problem but we don't often worry about minor things like that.

The food was ok for a buffet breakfast. Not outstanding but it was good enough for what it is. We most ate out and about anyway.

The service from the staff was absolutely outstanding. They were always very friendly and extremely helpful. They held our bags for a full day after checkout while we were waiting for our return flight which was 8.00pm that night. We spent the whole day out and when we returned to collect our bags they offered us a room to go and have a shower and freshen up before taking us to the airport. You would never get that service in Australia.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This resort looks wonderful from the face of it (unable to load the photos due to problems on this site), but in reality the hotel was all looks and no substance. We only stayed for two nights, and on the first night, I couldn't even take a 10 mins shower as it was completely flooded in the bathroom after 10 mins of running the shower. This was also the case in the other room. Perhaps my expectations was slightly different as the two bedroom villas were priced at approximately £300- £400.

Wifi- For those of you who like to stay connected to the internet whilst in the villa, you really have to make sure you stay active on your device, or you have to re log-in with full sign-on and password details every time you are inactive on your device. And the wi-fi is not automatically detected the second time you log on. You will have to re login everytime. The only place where you can be constantly logged on is in the reception area.

Aircon- The aircon is very noisy and whilst there are two units servicing the bathroom and bedroom, it is not sufficient to cool the bedroom for the temperatures of Bali if you do not switch them both on constantly and leave the sliding door to the bathroom open the entire time.

Cleanliness- We've had to request the mosquito nets be replaced after the first night as it was so dirty. Additionally there were holes in the bedding and stains on the bedsheets. The swimming pool was kept mostly clean, but given that I had seen a rat whose body length (excluding tail) was no less than 25cm run across the living area next to the pool, I didn't even want to take a dip in the pool as I could be sharing a pool with our unwanted guest.

Convenience - Our two bedroom villa was right at the end of the whole avenue of villas, and no one wouldn't want to walk it in the heat, which means getting a buggy everytime you want to go out, I understand that the one bedroom villas are much nearer to the reception area, so if you do stay here request one closer to reception. The villa is also located within walking distance to the shops and restaurants however I would advise against walking in the dark back to the hotel. Get a metered taxi, even metered cab drivers will try and negotiate a set fee, like the one who tried to take me back from Kudeta to the villa for 5 times the cost of what I paid my metered taxi, I didn't fall for that one as I had already asked how much it would roughly cost before I went there!

Transport- Free transport was offered to get to the airport, we didn't choose to use it as we had already booked a driver for our entire trip, but I understand from the other reviews, this service isn't always the best. There was a shuttle service to the Seminyak beach as it was not walking distance, but there aren't hourly shuttles, I understand there are only 3/4 shuttles a day which limits your options.

Food - Now I'm fairly picky about my food, but I've always tried to take my expectations down a level when it came to food in a hotel during breakfast, but even with my much lowered standards, I felt that the breakfast buffet was lacking, the fruits were unripe (hard and not sweet) be it the melon, watermelon or pineapple. The other hot foods served looked like recycled food from the night before (which I think was noted in other reviews so I will not go into further details). They were often hard and very oily. Some food were not labelled so I had to ask, and even then the waitresses had to go into the kitchen to ask the chefs what was being served. This was the case on both days.

Service- The staff were all very friendly and helpful with suggestions.

Room Tip: Request a room close to reception
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

After numerous emails confirming arrival dates and flight numbers and times we were left at airport arrivals for well over an hour after clearing customs etc. To be hassled for lifts , taxis and accom by anybody passing. Eventually got airport information to ring for us but wrong number given on their email confirmation. We arrived in daylight and got there in dark. Not a cheap place to stay and expected a lot better. Didn't even get apology when checking in. Making lift arrangements with driver to take us onward to ubud he offered it for $ 30 but when we tried to confirm the night before were told $50 by receptionist, would not stay here again as coming and leaving this place was nothing but a frustrating hassle.
Dean

• Stayed March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have recently returned from staying 5 nights at La Villais in a 1 bedroom villa with my husband. Have stayed in a number of other villas in Seminyak in the last year or two I have to say this brought together all the best elements experienced before.

The location was great for us - only a few minutes walk to Jalan Oberoi with the myriad of eating establishments (highly recommend The Bistrot, Chandi and Sate Bali) as well as shops and spas.

The Villa itself was beautifully appointed - clean and well maintained. The pool was a good size, regularly cleaned and the perfect spot to cool off after exploring. The bedroom was spacious with plenty of room to stow luggage. The bed was comfortable and linen was clean and changed regularly. The mosquito nets protected us from bites along with the regular spraying etc by staff. Staff at the villa were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast each morning in the restaurant was plentiful and varied and the two times were ordered room service it was delivered quickly and was delicious.

We were one of the further away villas and while we had no problem walking to and from the main building staff were happy to provide a lift on the golf cart buggies when required.

Would definitely recommend these villas to others visiting Seminyak - in fact we already have!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently ventured to Bali for the 1st time and stayed at La Villais. Such a fantastic experience. Couldn't fault the service, everyone was very hospitable and the villa was impeccably clean. Called to book in to the spa and there was no one immediately available for the treatment but 10 minutes later they called back and had found someone. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast buffet was delicious, I suggest the pancakes. The only thing I could fault was the wi-fi service dropped in and out, but not a big deal. Stay here!

• Stayed February 2013
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just came back from a 4 nights stay with La Villais . The villa and the private pool was nicely maintain . Only having problems with 2 issues, 1 was is the mosquito , day time was still acceptable , once hit night time it was quite annoying (thou staff over there will fog the area inside the villa every evening). The other issue is the aircon (not strong enough) , with Bali Weather , a better and more powerful aircon was needed . Daily breakfast taste was great , but the food selection are about the same everyday. Had a candle light dinner during my last night in the villa for Rp 1.4Million (decoration , flower , cake and 5 courses dinner) , a good recommendation for that special someone on a special day. Staffs were friendly and helpful , help was given as and when it was needed .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I've been to bali for our honeymoon .. Every thing was great .. The villa was clean and charming actually i've been in love with the place.
Now let's talk in details when u enter the villa you will see the pool it is amazing pool with the right hight of water for the people who do not know how to swim.
Then the kitchen which is good . And the living room with it is view to the pool. The room is nice and the mattress is perfect i never woke up with such anergy as i was there.
The bath room was great. But i did not like the water in bali it make my hair sticky and clingy .

• Stayed September 2012

Been to La Villais Exclusive Villa & Spa? Share your experiences!