“Needs a bit of TLC” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nunia Boutique Villas

You added Nunia Boutique Villas to your Saves list
Nunia Boutique Villas
4.0 of 5 Villa   |   Jl. Pangkungsari Gg. Maharaja No. 3 | Petitenget, Seminyak, Bali 80117, Indonesia   |
Ranked #99 of 306 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
London
“Needs a bit of TLC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Wwe stayed in Number 1 Nunia Villas. A 2 Bedroom villa. Generous in size. Very private with a great pool. however, the air conditioning wasn't working very well and was very noisy. They sent someone to "fix" it but remained off in the living room area for the 2 night stay.
The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful.
However, we had to ask for the sheets to be changed as they were dirty and had not been replaced for our stay and the bathrooms wee not very clean
However, I think the owners should give it an overhaul. there are a lot better accommodations in the area far cheaper.
I would say it is a three and a half star but could be a four with a bit of work

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed in Villa 8, a 2 bedroom villa in April with 2 girlfriends and what a fabulous time we had. The villa far exceeded our expectations. It was extremely spacious, clean and at no time did we feel our privacy was compromised. I was a bit hesitant to book due to the bad reviews but am so glad I did. This was my 15th visit to Bali and having stayed at many hotels and villas previously and I was very impressed. As a former travel agent, I have also inspected many hotels in Bali.

The villas are very big. The 2 bedrooms are very spacious. The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable and both rooms have big flat screen tvs. The bathrooms off each room are also very large and have both inside and outside shower which is really lovely. I very rarely used the inside shower as it was just so nice to use the outside one. There is enough storage space. The bed also has a great mosquito net that goes over the entire bed so if you chose to sleep with the doors wide open and lots of fresh air you could. The only suggestion to the hotel I could make here is to have some extra towels and little soaps for washing hands.

The pool was massive and perfect temperature. It was always clean and they were kind enough to bring an extra sun lounge to our deck as there were 3 girls. The pool was the same size as a normal backyard pool and was a good depth for all ages. There was also a nice wide step at one end so you can sit down in the pool and relax with a book and a drink. The only suggestion I would add here is a hand rail at one end of the step as it can be a little dangerous for people to enter the pool as the step into the pool is quite deep with nothing to hold onto. For families with children you can request a small pool fence to ensure your children can't access the pool without you....great bonus.

The gardens around the villa are beautiful and always kept neat and tidy.

The main living area and kitchen/dining are very spacious. The kitchen is well equipped and really anyone who says there is not enough cooking utensils...really??!! Why would you want to cook when you have all these fabulous restaurants 5 - 10 min walk away or a quick taxi ride??!! I loved the way that you could close the bi fold doors and watch a movie or eat in air con comfort. The tv and stereo were adequate and can't complain...I don't go to bali expecting Bowers & Wilkins equipment. It is more than sufficient and was a treat to play some music while you're around the pool with the doors open. It was lovely having a huge big dining table and we would sit around there in the mornings after breakfast just relaxing and chatting.
the staff serve you breakfast quietly and then leave you alone. The breakfast was nothing fancy but it was more than adequate. If breakfast for you is a big deal then go out and buy something. To be honest, the toast, fresh tropical fruit and tea were fine for us.

Cleanliness...everyone seems to complain about that here and I can't. We had no problems with this but then everyone has a different idea of what clean is. Streaky marks on a bench don't phase me in the slightest. Our rooms, beds, bathrooms and kitchen were always spotless and absolutely no complaints. Any time there was an issue it was rectified immediately.

Staff were always friendly and helpful and apart from the morning we never saw them unless we needed to.

The location is great and I love that you don't have to enter the villas from a hotel lobby. You access your villa from the street.

One of the real treats from staying here too was the Bali Epicures Spa Services. They have the book inside the villa and we organised for the professionally trained ladies to come in every morning from 9 - 11.30 am and we would have massages, pedicures, manicures, facials every day. It was pure bliss! The fact that it was all done in our own villa was the ultimate in relaxation.

We absolutely loved the Villas and can't wait to stay there again. After reading through other reviews on here I thought maybe we just had an outstanding experience but I recommended to my brother and his partner and their friends who are also staying there with 2 small children at the moment and they love it as well. Their feedback was the Villa's are awesome.

I think when you go to Bali you need to realise that 5 or 4 star there is not the same as Australia, Europe or US so don't expect it.

Thank you to all the staff at Villa Nunia!! We can't wait to go back!! Villa Nunia is definitely my favourite accommodation in Bali. Well done guys!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Booking this hotel for 2 nights, 3 days. Initially there was no problem until the hotel management said that the hotel will be used on the second night of our stay. They just moved our stuff mixed with friend's stuff who also stay in the room next door. We stay each with our wives. Do you have an experience, goods and women's clothes have mingled with us. Disgusting, do not visit this hotel...!

• Stayed July 2012
Bali P, Sales E-Commerce at Nunia Boutique Villas, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear Valued Client

Greeting from Premier Hospitality Management

A case of such thing was really far from what we called as hospitality that we do believe our staffs never do such kind of embarrassing acts. Investigation has been done and cleared up.

For any inconvenience caused to you, we are on behalf of Villa owner and Management company saying truly sorry for all the things you've considered as trouble. We do hope that your coming to Bali next day would be so much lovely.

Please feel free to contact us should there be any further assistance needed
We are welcome for any improving input :)

Have your blessed day

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Me n and my husband just got back from Bali, and we're staying at Nunia Villa for 3D2N...Its such a nice, clean and quite place to stay and the staffs were very helpful. We're really enjoy staying there...Thank u so much for the free upgrade from Djabu Hotel to Nunia Villa (bcoz of high session)...
I will recommend this villa to my family and friends if they looking for place to stay in Bali...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Client

Thank you so much for your kind review

It's nice to hear you generous comment toward our property
For avoiding a talk around the bush, we just would like to welcome you back to our Nunia Villa and would be happy to offer any better service you've expected :)

Have your blessed day
Many thanks and regards

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I only had a short break time in the middle of my activities and I decided to do a short escape to Bali and stayed in Nunia Villa for 2 nights with my wife and my 4-years old daughter.
I've been travelling to Bali quite often and it was my best experience so far. My wife and my daughter spent most of their time in its private pool and in the kid's club next door. The bath tub is big, square, nice and very comfortable. Its white furniture make the villa looks very bright and clean. Kitchen was clean with sufficient equipment. The staffs are very helpful. I'm very satisfied and highly recommend this villa. Suit well for honeymooners and family. Well done! Thank you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bali P, Sales E-Commerce at Nunia Boutique Villas, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Lovely Client

Greeting from Bali Premier Management on behalf of Nunia Villas

We do a high gratitude upon your generous comment on our property.
Our aim is to create a good holiday atmosphere to our guests, thus we would really intend to provide service. Although any mistake and error appears at some times, but we do hope we could make it as encouragement for being better.
We would be happy to welcome you back to our Nunia Villa, surely with our more fabulous future service :),

Your kind input is highly appreciated
Thank you so much and kindest regards

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed at Nunia Villa with my family of four in March 2012. We were taken care for from the minute we came out of the airport. The villa's Premier van picked us up and in no time we arrived at the Villa. A welcoming drink of cold fresh coconut juice were served.The green garden and the pool looked like the pictures I saw from the internet.The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

The villa location was very good.The main road to the villa was an eye opener. Not like in Sydney tidy and wide western road, this is Bali. Roads are small and feel so different,. Lucky, I was no driving,there were too many motorbikes.

We stayed in the largest villa which was the two bedroom villa. My first impression was homely, tidy, neat and fantastic. Large impressive bathroom. Again feel like in a foreign place, may be typical of Bali down to natural Volcanic Rock like dark tiles, open-sky internal garden along the side of the bathroom,wow! So large the bathroom you can swing two cats in them.A small package of bathroom toiletry displayed for guests use. Towels were white and clean.Breakfast order the next morning came on time.Great menu.Bed is king size and very comfortable.Recommend for family and couple.Security is great,walking distant to shops and restaurants.

Happy to stay there again!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom villa is best for the family of 4+
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bali P, Sales E-Commerce at Nunia Boutique Villas, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear lovely guest,

Warm greeting from Nunia Villas

On behalf of Premier Hospitality Management, we would like to thank you so much for your kind review toward our villas.., Also, appreciate all of the management team who has worked really effortfully for creating a great property atmosphere for our all properties especially for Nunia Villas. this is what we are believing as a progressive improvement. We wish and always attempt to grab our brighter future through clients' satisfactory and hope that all clients could share their best experience while their stay in Nunia Villas.

Again, thank you so much for your excellent input that encourages us much to continuously present the best for all the customers

Your kindness is highly appreciated

Many thanks and regards

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Just returned from a 4 nights stay at Villa 5. Had read about mixed review about this villa (especially the harsh review dated 6 Feb 2012) but still decided to stay here, hoping that the management had read the bad reviews and did something about it.

PROS
#1 As promised by the management on 16 April, they did improve the breakfast menu. Good job.
#2 Staff are generally friendly. They are responsive to our requests.
#3 The bed is comfortable and clean. Bed linen looks white and so are the pillow cases. The pillows are soft though but i stacked 2 of them to make it firmer.
#4 10min walk to Seminyak Square and some eateries.
#5 Air-con is working fine.
#6 Good sound system in living room. Would be better if they can be connected to TV as auxiliary speakers.

CONS
#1 Previous complains about smelly toilets have yet to rectify. Good thing is that as long as you close the door, the smell will not permeate into your sleeping and living room. The smell seems like is due to poor sewage system of the villa.
#2 WiFi connection was bad and intermittent.
#3 Towels are disgustingly dirty and with stains that could not be removed. Lismana, if you see this, please DO SOMETHING about it.
#4 Room safe is spoilt.
#5 Sofa in living room looks like it needed a new cover. Lismana, many have complained about this. Please do something about it.
#6 Drinkable water is supplied via a dispenser through a 5L bottled tank. I was given a tank that is 1/4 full and god knows how long it has been used. Would rather be given 500ml bottled drinks. Safer and cleaner that way.

On the whole, I would give it a miss staying at this villa for USD$200/night. Not value for money.

And PREMIER MANAGEMENT, please improve your property and do it FAST before this forum is flooded with bad reviews and no one will consider staying at your villa!

Room Tip: Villa 5 is next to the slip road. The wall separating the bathroom and the slip road could be access...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bali P, Sales E-Commerce at Nunia Boutique Villas, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Our Valuable Guest

Warmest greeting from Bali Premier Management,

Again and again, we would like to say thank you for any encouraging input. We do really understand and do really realize on what all our customers concerned on. However, it is for sure that we never ignore any of those concerns. We are taking them into action definitely.

- First, about the breakfast, we do thank you very much that it is being brought up as a positive improvement we have made. This must remain long and must be changing gradually
- The staff, we have been renewing them. we are now carefully select staffs and would progressively train them how hospitality should be. It must be working as you have experienced.

As being informed previously in other reviews, we have been optimizing all the needs of our customer. However, this could be illustrated as if we are making cake that we need steps to get the beautiful dressing cake. All needs tools and time. As we have stated, we are in progress of improving all contents of our properties. Nevertheless, we are attempting and pushing all to be overcome soonest.

- Regarding the sewage smell being suspected, we have been following up and checking the condition, fortunately we did not find any bad smell, would be rechecking by tonight and would be pouring chemical for solvent.
- About wifi, we are sure that our connection is having good access
- Safety Box, if there is any problem with the deposit box, it is better to ask the housekeeping to check and change for battery if necessary . Our staff would be delighted to do so for you.
- The sofa has been proposed to have the new ones, and the sofas are new now in villa 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 , 8. Villa 5 just being changed by two days ago. Meanwhile for others would be solved soonest by this week. Thank you
- Regarding the water, we do of course re-change the water every check in.
- Towels are really becoming the crucial thing as we have captured. And we have been following up this and surely to be resolved by this week

To be honest and transparent, we have all attempted to do our best. However, all needs process and all the things above are relative. We never mean to dissatisfy our customers. Every company hopes the best for their carrier.

We do apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay in Nunia Villas. Improvement would be always put our effort list.

Thank you very much for your kind input and hope those above explanation could suit you

Your kind understanding is highly appreciated

Kindest regards

Lismana

Been to Nunia Boutique Villas? Share your experiences!