We were the first couple to stay at two bedroom Villa Seindah 1 (Villa 4); specifically because only 2b+ villas feature private open-air Jacuzzis as well as for the spaciousness they offer.
1. If you arrive during the day you may feel the Villas appear a little worn but you quickly appreciate how well maintained these Villas are; particularly in the face of harsh tropical weather. It is at night that these Villas truly shine though and look EXACTLY as they appear on the website. The Villas have a purposefully Zen/Japanese like quality to them and crucial to this is the unique lighting system; there are dozens of them each one can be customised to set an exact mood.
2. When we read how good the food was we took this as a positive sign but always accepted that this is a matter of personal taste. We can happily say however that the quality of the food served at Kiss is one of the best we have experienced in Seminyak and is great value for money.
3. Kiss Bali offers a FREE drop and pick up service anywhere in Seyminak. We have saved a lot of money and this service was extremely convenient.
4. Mosquitos are a constant nuisance in Bali. Kiss Bali have an extremely good system for ensuring the inconvenience they cause is kept to a minimum (placing mosquito-repellent smoke in each room every night, deploying bedroom netting and spraying down the room with insect repellent as part of their daily turn down service).
5. The support of the Kiss team and the spirit of hospitality they exude to their guests particularly by going above and beyond what is expected have been outstanding and has contributed tremendously to our fantastic stay. Prompt and consistent responses to queries, requests and always going that extra mile to provide their guests with best in class service
has been much appreciated. A great thank you to the team with a few notable mentions:
• Mr Rama – the star of Kiss Bali. Mr Rama exudes Service, Service, and more Service. Mr Rama is like a second parent; he is incredibly genuine and exudes respect. Everyone in Seyminak is always offering tour services and do so to take a cut against whichever tour/restaurant/activity they take you to. When Mr Rama recommends anything you never feel like he is trying to sell you something or is pushing for one place as opposed to another. Everything Mr Rama offers is always for the purpose of ensuring we receive the best service, service, service. For example, we booked water rafting against Mr Rama’s more costly recommendation and, as he expected, we had a poor experience and started following his advice thereafter. Mr Rama even went out in the middle of the night to a local ice cream parlour because my Wife wanted a specific dessert which was not available on the menu!
• Ayung & Kiki - Bali is a very Muslim friendly island and this is easily demonstrated at Kiss. I wanted to go to Friday prayers and Kiki offered Kiss Bali’s driver (Ayung) to take me to the local Masjid (she even provided a prayer mat!). Ayung not only chauffeured me there but waited a full hour and then drove me back to Kiss.
• Dewa – frequently mentioned in other reviews and we can see why. Dewa was our butler who speaks English fluently and is a good conversationalist. He was always on hand to provide a number of recommendations for things to do in Seyminak and the rest of the island.
• Lolli, Moora and Eka were also incredibly helpful during our stay.
A few areas would have prevented this from being a 5* review if not for the above:
1. These days good Wi-Fi is a standard requirement for most accommodation. The website advertises “super-fast” Wi-Fi and the reviews here endorse that; and indeed each villa has its own dedicated Wi-Fi signal at Kiss. Unfortunately ours at villa (4) was extremely erratic; more so during the evening where it was unusable. You would think the staff would suspect something is seriously wrong if one of their guests is calling reception every few hours every night to reset the router (sadly I did). I even demonstrated the problem to our Butler Dewa and he attempted to have his technical team have a look; but sadly resetting the router was their only solution during our whole stay. Extremely inconvenient for us because I resorted to going to W Resort next door just to spend a couple of hours performing some urgent business correspondence via e-mail. Unacceptable.
2. According to the website, from "the moment you enter the lobby of KISS, your eyes want to follow the gentle curves and fluid lines of this ultra modern design. Japanese Zen gardens and luscious palm trees lead into the private oasis of each of the 7 uniquely intimate elevated design villas". Appreciate this is all marketing but when you book a dream holiday you do not expect to arrive at a dirty construction site as opposed to a main reception. This was a shock to my Wife and I as we initially thought we were victims of a holiday from hell. We were at ease again when we arrived at our beautiful villa but it left a very bad impression for the first few hours. Kiss Villas could easily have avoided this if they had informed us beforehand that the entire reception was being renovated or at least give us a polite heads up when driving in (they have since updated their website at the time of writing this review).
3. Small issue – since the Jacuzzi takes about 2 hours to fully heat up; it would be useful for the hot/cold button to have an on/off label!
1. The Villa is a ten minute walk (5 minute shuttle) from W Retreat & Spa. If you want a state of the art gym for a reasonable daily/weekly membership I would recommend this place. This resort also has a beach, a SPA, two halal restaurants (FIRE & Starfish Bloo) and the Woo Bar for Shisha (if you book a restaurant, the staff will be happy to let you stroll on their private beach). A fantastic place that served as our ‘local’ during our stay at Kiss Bali.
2. If you want to save some money on drinks/snacks/supplies – Papritos supermarket is next door together with some cheaper options nearby.
3. The below restaurants are a 5-15 minute shuttle away and offer great atmosphere; are extremely picturesque and all Halal
• Breeze (tables on the beach)
• Potato Head Beach Club (includes Lilin & Tapping Shoes restaurant).
• Talant Restaurant (restaurant on stilts on a lake downstairs with sheesha)
• Tulip (Turkish, good Shisha)
• SOS Supper Club (perfect for sunsets)
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear Mr. Khan,
Report response as inappropriate
Please allow me to pass my high appreciation for your fantastic - details comments about our service and facilities and especially on your positive advice for us to improve our selves better in certain area that should be impressed more for our future guests. My staff here also glad to know their personal service given were very helpful for you during your stay. we are thanking you for given us a great chance and built a trust to serve you well as your expectation. Thank you indeed.
We are look forward for your return to KISS BALI with more of KISS experience and more of Balinese tradition experience.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.