“100% fantastic all the way” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Villa   |   Jalan Cendrawasih No 99 x, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #85 of 322 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Certificate of Excellence 2014
aussie aussie aussie
“100% fantastic all the way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at kiss villa number 1 with my 4 year old daughter this year. Here's what i thought
ROOM: a beautiful villa ( check out my pics) . Clean, fresh, modern, private, had a great sleep, pool perfect and good size... only gripe the spa no matter how hard we tried wouldnt go warm lol but that didnt matter as my 4 year old used it as her personal mini swimming pool. I recommend this room for those who have small kids who can swim and therefore have there own little pool.
BREAKY: being a female the portion size was fab, i would have thought it sufficient for a male too as after reading some reviews before going that it was small. I had fresh fruit, pastries ( 3 diff types) , nasi goreng and juice and it was more than enough and tasted fab, a great way too start the day and gave me lots of energy.
SERVICE: fab. no matter what time i called someone answered very quick and nothing was a problem , and in saying that we didnt really have any problems just usually ordering food lol, although i couldnt figure out how too turn a light on and they were there quick as a flash and with a warm smile.
TRANSPORT: i had a little hick up with my bag getting lost at the start and then i think the driver couldn't find the other driver but in the end we were in air con, a cool towel and water given and were taken straight too the villa. Oh and there was free transport in one of the villas vans to anywhere local so was great for dinner drop offs or shopping drop offs. just had to grab a taxi back which is way easy...and if you can try too get a taxi that has a fare not flat rate ( sometimes harder to get at night)

I actually realised i stayed a couple of doors up last time ( see my past review) at IXORA. diff holiday and went with diff people but i liked kiss better. More modern, funky and more private.
Well i think thats all covered. But i also wanted too say that it really was a wonderful holiday. Both my daughter and myself were made feel totally welcome, and all the staff very helpful I will definately be back and would recommend this villa to anyone. Oh and i had a sticky at the number 6 2bdrm villa and it looked fab so for those with a small group or 2 couples go for that one...happy travels and hello to Ericht and the fabulous Kiss bali villa team : )

Room Tip: email direct not through a site theyll look after you : )
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Dear Tiffany,

Thank you for your comment . I am glad to hear You really enjoyed your stay with us. I really appreciate your positive comment in overall about KISS and all the staff. I hope it will makes all of us to always aware and ready to give all the best we have for our guests in the future. Off course the jacuzzi matter becomes my big concern, due to temperature level is not in steady heat condition. We have them ready now with few adjustment . However, I am still need to say my apologize for the condition happened to you and we will make it up the next time you come back to stay with us in Villa 6 - Surga ? ( good choice by the way - is the most wanted one in KISS) .. we will have something special for you as our appreciation - from all of us in KISS.

Look forward to welcoming You and Lilian again.

Warm regards

Ericht

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Hi. I stayed at Kiss a couple of nights with my wife. It was fantastic. We had this huge super stylish 2 bedroom villa with a big garden with a nice pool and jacuzzi. Indoor/outdoor living room is amazing, you have plenty of space to chill out. It was so nice their we stayed the whole day at the villa. Service is great. We had this super nice butler who was coming to bring breakfast and set the table in the morning and helping us providing information or bringing stuff very quickly. All the staff has been very nice and helpful all along our stay. It was 2 days of real relaxation in a great environment. Thanks you a lot KISS! Hope to come back soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I LOVE KISS BALI!!!!!!!!! Our villa was Amazing! The team there was so nice and excellent!

I just loved the design and layout of our 2 bedroom villa called Surga.
The design was fresh and very relaxing but with a modern feel. We had an amazing indoor/outdoor living area, kitchen and dining spaces. We had our own large kidney shaped pool with two beds for sunbathing. At night we used our jacuzzi and it was the perfect way to end our evenings!

The bedroom was furnished with a very large super comfortable bed and huge flat screen tv. The bathroom was HUGE and open to the bedroom! It was a woman's dream. Indoor outdoor shower, double sinks, and gorgeous soaking tub which was slyly located near to the bed in case you want to take a bath while your significant other lies on the bed to read or watch tv (or you)!
The soaking tub was decorated with a heart design in flowers when we arrived. It was so beautiful and you could tell they really put work into preparing for their guests arrival. Our bed had towels made into swans kissing sitting in another towel folded like a heart.
It was such a nice thing to see when you walk into your room. Our room was a full glass wall that looked out onto the pool and villas garden. I loved waking up and going to bed with our view.

I loved our villa so much that we spent the whole day there from breakfast to almost sunset. Which we actually walked to the beach to see the sunset. It was only 10 mins away.
We ordered room service for lunch and again they prepared our dining table in our villa and set up our lunch. The food was shockingly good! I was extremely happy that the tuna salad i had ordered was not CANNED tuna but actually tuna filets that they cooked and made into a fresh tuna salad! Im a foodie so these little details are big for me. LOL

Every day our butler served us a beautiful breakfast in our villa. His name was Agung and was such a kind man. He has such a nice aura about him and the kindest face Ive ever seen.

The night before he had driven us to a restaurant for us to have dinner and I had asked him to give me somes tips about yoga in the area. I didn't expect him to remember but the next morning when I woke up, the reception told me they had printed out the yoga schedule and asked if I would like them to bring it with my breakfast!

If you are looking for a place to stay in Seminyak, try Kiss. You really feel like its your own vacation home. You have plenty of privacy, space for entertaining, great location, and a great team there that make sure you are taken care of.

I've been all over the world and stayed in top resorts and 5star or diamond hotels and Kiss impressed me. This is my frist review I even took the time to write on trip advisor!

Kisses to Kiss!!! :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Found this little gem of a villa while doing research on a place to stay in Seminyak and boy were we glad to have found it! I was immediately intrigued by the pages on their website as I found the design and architecture of their villas avant garde and exciting. There weren't many reviews on tripadvisor but we took a chance anyway and didn't come away disappointed! Right when we made the reservation, the response was prompt and polite. I had already felt we made the right choice.

Kiss Bali is a small boutique, villas only resort with just 6-7 villas. All villas come with their own pool, with high walls ensuring privacy for all guests. We stayed at the Impiana 2 as we took a package from their website and my husband and I were extremely impressed with the design of the villa, especially the thought that went into the lighting controls. You really have to stay here to experience and see what I mean on the lighting. The bedroom walls are all glass, with slding doors leading into an outdoor shower/tub and directly into the pool. A very spacious sunbed is provided, although I didn't get to use it much due to the rain.

The dining area is also nicely designed with the kitchenette, although, I must say the kitchenette could do with some maintenance upgrade. But hey, we're on holiday in Bali, we're not gonna cook and clean! Breakfast is served in the villa as opposed to being freshly cooked in the villa, and I would say the taste and quality is decent. We also had a lunch and dinner as part of the package, and although the food was not bad, it is probably not their forte. But this is not a big deal as Seminyak is bursting with restaurants choices.

The service staff were extremely helpful and they were ever ready to offer assistance or to meet your needs. Kiss Bali is not new and there are definitely some areas of wear and tear, but I would still recommend it for couples who desire privacy in a desginer style villa offering excellent service. You really have to try Kiss Bali.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

My husband and I just stayed here for the first part of our honeymoon in Bali. I discovered this place in my planning after searching for unique boutique locations and kiss Bali did not fail in delivering. Our driver happily met us from our flight from Australia and from that moment until we checked out the service was impeccable.
We stayed in one of the one bedroomed Impian villas which was simply stunning. The design and architecture is just amazing. The lighting at night really brings the place to life.
Location wise it's at the top end of Seminyak so you do need a bike or to make use of the ridiculously cheap blue taxis to get anywhere. So many amazing world class restaurants to choose from near Kiss, which they will happily book for you.
If I had to say anything bad about this place, and trust me there isn't much, the breakfast was a bit average and you can only make use of their free transport at 10 and 5. However these were minor things. All in all a stunning place, the only improvement for me would be to have it closer to the beach but I can't have everything. The daily turndown service is a beautiful touch.
Watch out for all the additional taxes in Bali. The rate we agreed on was net and when we checked out it turned out the invoice from them to me saying that I had paid a deposit was infect not true as they never charged my credit card. Little inconveniences like this are annoying when you are spending this much money, especially on your honeymoon. But that's not enough to disused me from saying this place is beautiful. Go there.

Room Tip: All the rooms are stunning.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

It rarely happens that my expectations get exceeded. Kiss Vilas did exactly this. We stayed at the 2-bedroom villa for almost three weeks and couldn’t get tired of the smart architectural solutions which are practical as well as very beautiful. Practically all living-space is put outdoors (don’t freak out, I’m talking about an open-space way of building, which is just great if you consider the warm temperatures), except for the two bedrooms which are put into glass cubes. Yes, also the bathroom is “outdoors” which was a bit strange the first moment, but than revealed itself as a truly special experience - in touch with the nature all the time, one could say:-)
At night when the lights are on (a lot of thinking was put into the lightning!) and you choose the right lightning for yourself the villa turns into a most romantic place; the glass cubes gently glowing in the dark, the plants and trees emphasized with light, the pool shimmering in blue... sexy.
The staff was very kind and really tried to fulfill all our wishes. My son was ill for couple of day and their care and concern was amazing – so genuine, so from the heart.
We stayed at Kiss Vila when it was Valentine’s Day. When we returned from the beach that day a very romantic surprise was waiting for us: a friendly note from the staff, a cake, specially made beds and our bathtub, filled with water and on the surface a lovely heart made of rose-leafs (hard to explain, see picture). We appreciated the surprise, especially because it really was a surprise.
We will return – and if you travel to Bali and are looking for a villa in Seminyak, not far from great shipping and some really good restaurants you just have to stay at KISS.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

stayed in one of the one bedroom villas (can't remember the name) for a couple of nights with my wife. The villas are a couple of years old and could do with a bit of paint but are otherwise excellent. The swimmingpool and jacuzzi are wonderfull, as is the staff. As most of the rooms are open air living you will have to accept you're going to share your room with some ants but this is really not a problem and they won't get into the bedroom.
The villas are 5 minutes away from some of the more upmarket bars and restaurants in Seminyak and the staff is always available to drop you off. Definitely a place i would recommend for travellers who could use a bit of luxury and tranquility but don't want to be too far from the nightlife. At 400 USD/night its not cheap but still worth the money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Kiss Bali? Share your experiences!