We stayed for 3 nights in February with a Groupon voucher in Villa no. 3.
Prior to arrival, I kept in regular contact with hotel staff to arrange for our airport transfer and to top up US$60 per night for my son to stay with us. Emails were very promptly replied to, within a day or so.
Upon arrival, we were picked up at the airport as arranged in a private car and offered cold drinks on the 20 minute drive back to the villa. Very thoughtful gesture. Very polite driver.
The extra bed we paid for was a large double sofa bed with a thick firm mattress, very neatly laid out in the large room. In addition to this we had a king-size bed. Room was large and VERY spacious for 3 people. Everything was new and clean.
Toilet and shower were outside the room in an outdoor area. There are no doors to toilet or shower so may not be suitable for people not travelling with family/ close friends.
The pool was the main attraction of the villa. It was at least 12m with 2 deck chairs, which I used to sunbathe daily. We had a couple of swims daily in the pool, and they also provided floats for my son.
Breakfast was cooked to order in our own kitchen area by friendly staff at a time we chose. Food was good and plentiful. There was enough to eat for lunch. Our package included "afternoon tea" - which was essentially 2 bite size cakes with a cup of coffee, anytime you wanted between 4pm and 6pm.
Service was generally good. Rooms were properly cleaned daily and turned down at night. No problems with mosquitoes as they fog every other day. Privacy respected as staff will telephone or ring the doorbell before they enter the villa.
There was a power cut at 3am on our last night. Rang reception and was told engineer will only come at 9am. It was stifling hot and stuffy so we had to open all the windows. Thankfully at this point it began to rain heavily so we managed to drift back to sleep, and the power and air-con came back on at around 8am.
The air-con units did struggle to keep the large room cool on very hot days. Perhaps this is something that the management can look into improving.
Location wise it is 5 minutes away from the main stretch in Seminyak where there are plenty of dining options and interesting shops to browse. A mini-mart was right opposite the hotel where we bought drinks. We walked to Seminyak Beach - took around 15 minutes.
We had a wonderful time, especially my 4 year old son, and we would definitely recommend this place because of the wonderful location, large pool, luxurious surroundings and awesome service. Great value!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ziva a Boutique Villa located at part of heart side Seminyak area which it favourable, Modern and minimalist building concept designed to get relaxing and enjoyable of customer during stay at Ziva a Boutique Villa. Green tropical garden providing large swimming pool at each villa will make it enjoyable and ambiances staying of guest. 10 minutes walking distance to the Petitenget beach, 5 minutes walking distance to restaurant and night life area will make it easy to get your activity during you are at Ziva. 6 units one bedroom pool villa and 1 unit three bedroom pool villa supported by villa's facility which able supported of your communication and activity in villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ziva Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ziva Villa Hotel Seminyak
- Ziva Villas Bali/Seminyak