We stayed at Ziva Residence (3 bedroom villa) for 2 nights. The villa is amazing in term of design and facility. However we had some unexpected experience on the first night. One of our friend dislocate her ankle when she step down on the living room at master bedroom. She’s not expecting the mattress is very soft and there’s uneven level between the floor and the mattress. Therefore she fell down on the mattress and her ankle dislocate.
The experience is not stop there. At around 11pm, we experience the power failure at the villa. The power failure is taking place 4 times and each failure is happening in 15 minutes period each of them. Honestly this incident is very uncomfortable for us because we were sitting in the living room and listening the music and when the power failure happen, we need to set all of them from the beginning again.
Not only that, one of our friend is taking shower when the power failure is happening and she experience some incident where she hit into the bathroom door when she’s trying to go out from the bathroom in total darkness. Because of that, there’s a big scar on her forehead. We called the front office to inform the situation and they said that the power is overload and we need to limit the usage of the electricity. Which is not making any sense because we’ve been using the same electricity from the afternoon and have no problem. We asked the manager to come to explain the situation, but the manager is not in the villa because it’s already midnight. Therefore we asked them to inform the manager to stop by at our villa the next morning.
The manager did come the next morning and explaining the situation and apologies for the incident. He also mentioning that the employee will try to fix the problem on the day so the incident won’t happen again at night.
We also experience another incident where there are some frogs coming to the bathroom at night because the mater bathroom is open air and have open access from outside and the garden itself. Therefore the frogs are coming from the garden into the bathtub and stays there for the whole night.
Another issue is we order the breakfast for the last day. We order the menu from the night before. However, the person didn’t mentioning if there’s additional charge if we’d like to order more than we entitle for the persons. We notice after we have our breakfast, we need to sign the additional charges for extra meal that we order. It’s not the nominal that we need to pay, but they suppose to explain regarding the charges when we order the night before. Even though we asked, but they didn’t say anything.
The villa design is amazing in term of the facility and the layout. However because of the garden design, they need to do something in order to prevent the animals coming into the room. Also there are many mosquito in the living room and the room itself. When we open the drawer, they’re full of dust. It feels like the villa is haven’t been rent for some period, or the housekeeping is not doing their job as suppose to.
Once again, the villa is good in term of design and facility, but they need to pay more attention into their cleanliness and to have their people do their job as supposed to. And the holiday that suppose to be fun and relaxing, is totally become a worry minute by minute during the stay because we never know what we will experience from time to time during the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ziva a Boutique Villa located at part of heart side Seminyak area which it favourable, Modern and minimalist building concept designed to get relaxing and enjoyable of customer during stay at Ziva a Boutique Villa. Green tropical garden providing large swimming pool at each villa will make it enjoyable and ambiances staying of guest. 10 minutes walking distance to the Petitenget beach, 5 minutes walking distance to restaurant and night life area will make it easy to get your activity during you are at Ziva. 6 units one bedroom pool villa and 1 unit three bedroom pool villa supported by villa's facility which able supported of your communication and activity in villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ziva Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ziva Villa Hotel Seminyak
- Ziva Villas Bali/Seminyak