“Oasis in the tropics” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Dream Suite Villa

Save Saved
You added Bali Dream Suite Villa to your Saves list
Bali Dream Suite Villa
4.0 of 5 Villa   |   Jalan Saraswati III, No.108X, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #61 of 295 Specialty lodging in Seminyak
Adelaide, Australia
“Oasis in the tropics”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Saraswati 3 during 19/3 until 29/3/12.
We were told during our airport pick up service that we were upgraded to this place, which is a couples retreat basically. 1 bedroom villas with private pool, outdoor shower, kitchenette etc.of which we were not disappointed. On arrival we were greated by the friendliest staff we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. All of them welcomed us with their traditional “susunan or sembah” greeting. (Palms pressed together under the chin whilst bowing) and gave us each a cold flannel and a nice cold non-alcoholic cocktail. Refreshment ahhh!
They then proceeded to help us with our luggage as they escorted us to our room #202.
Once inside the front door it was like “wow”!! What a beautiful amazing place. Our own private oasis in the tropics. The humidity is quite high for the uninitiated southern Australian, but the swimming pool fixes that......but that's another story.
Instantly we were given a tour and had everything explained to us by one of the young gentlemen staff who spoke quite good english. Some of the staff speak english better than others, but you can't complain about that, after all we are in their country not ours. Anyway, the pool is amazing & private (perfect for skinny dipping) and there are 2 LCD flat screen TV’s. 1 in the cold air conditioned bedroom with DVD player, and the other outside in the living room of which i connected my laptop via HDMI cable and had played my music and videos through whilst accessing the free WI-FI. The WI-FI was slow and somewhat unreliable at times, but for the most part worked ok as we were close to the main building. Not sure how you would go right down the back?
We had our complimentary 1 hr full body massage also, which was simply awesome. Those little Balinese girls have the strongest hands you’ll ever come across. Sheesh!
The restaurant food there is amazing and cheap too. We ate there most nights. We ate traditional Indonesian and Balinese food the whole time we were there. The buffet breakfast is amazing and changes daily. They have entertainment every 2nd night (a singer and keyboard player) and you can get up and have a sing if you like too (as i did). The free shuttle bus service is good for getting you in and out of town, but you need to book in advance. They provide mozzie coils each night for your living room and you can ask for more if you need them as we wanted one in the bathroom as well. That’s where most of the mozzies were anyway. There is a mozzie net around the bed that also keeps them out too. 4 bottles of spring water are provided daily for brushing your fangs and drinking, as the local water is only for washing, showers (keeping your mouth shut!) and toilets. Bintangs are 35000 rupiah but you’re better off drinking that, not brushing your teeth with it!! You’ll get them cheaper up the road on Jl. Kunti 1 just over Jl. Sunset Road at a shop called “Bali Deli”. A great little shopping centre/cafe/restaurant about 5-10 mins walk from the villa. Just mind the footpaths, or lack thereof and the dozens of motorbikes and cars.
We did the cooking class which was US $95 per couple, and they drive you into Denpasar to the big food market, let you choose your sweets for dessert, and they collect all the ingredients for making traditional Balinese style food. Once back in your own suite, you prepare and cook in your own kitchenette. There was a chef from the restaurant along with 2 assistants and we had a laugh exchanging jokes and talking like Borat etc while cooking up the tastiest amazing food we ever had, which we ate for lunch and dinner as there was quite a lot of it.
There is a pool filter pump that squirts water into the private villa pool via a statue with a hose like nozzle that can get a bit noisy if you are watching movies or listening to music outside, like we did a lot. So we just asked reception if they could switch it off, to which they did 5 minutes later which was much better. Then we were able to have the volume at a respectable level.
There are frogs that get around in and outside the villa as well as gecko’s which both make noises at times, especially the gecko’s. You can be sleeping in at the morning and hear the gecko’s make a bird like tweet sound. i didn’t mind that at all. Every 2nd night when there was a band (singer/keyboardist) playing, you would hear them if you were in the outside section of your villa. But it is not excessively loud. We stayed in suite 202 which is the 1st on the right hand side just opposite the restaurant and it was fine. If you come to Bali to complain about stuff, you are in the wrong frame of mind for a holiday, that's for sure! Overall, we had a lovely time and were treated like royalty the whole time we were there. The staff are amazing and bend over backwards to please you and the food is to die for. We highly recommend “The Bali Dream Suite Villas” for your next stay in Seminyak Bali. We would not hesitate in going back there for our stay. Cheers,
Paul & Taryn Allan of Adelaide, South Australia

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed here in August 2011, I was a little concerned about going here because of some of the reviews on this website, however I was pleasantly suprised when we arrived, the staff were very good and put some one five star hotel that I have stayed at to shame.

I fractured my foot when I was in Bali, which had nothing to do with the hotel, however the hotel staff were so willing to help me, they organised a doctor to come to the hotel, and then the crutches were bought they were to big and they organised for smaller ones to be bought to me.

We had one the free tours, the staff member that took us out, was brillant, by the time I opened the back door, he was there helping me out of the vehicle crutches and all.

The hotel is a little way out of seminyak, however its a short scooter ride and the staff can take you there with a little notice. We were lucky enough to be there for Indonesia's indepence day, the hotel staff put on a dinner for us which was wonderful.

I would recommend the Suites to any one that wants a small amount of paradise

Room Tip: Stay in the Suites not the other ones
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, little gem. I have traveled to 61 country's and stayed all over the world and from the hospitality industry. Must admit was a bit nervous about making the booking at first but once we arrived here we were pleasantly surprised at how great this place is. Yes it is a little out of the way but 5 min by bike and you in Seminyak nice to be out of the crazy hussel and bustle of the town as it can get a bit crazy. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly bar and restaurant staff great. Spa was nice have had better treatments but still good. There are mosquitoes which is what I expected but they are all over the island just come perpared with spray ect. The food all over the island is great we never had a bad meal apart from the day trip we did to Udub it was not great but bearable. The monkey tour was great had a fantastic tip there. Traffic up to Ubud was a nightmare keep it in mind rather hire a driver as it can be extremely stressful to do it alone. I really can't fault the hotel we have had an amazing experience in Bali and will be back as well as speak of this vacation for many years to come. Lastly I would like to thank Bali Dream suite's as you really have made it a dream come true and keep up the great work see you again soon.

• Stayed January 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

After reading all of the negative reviews we were pleasantly surprised to find the one bedroom villa at the dream was just a dream. Many other reviewers have made comment about the three different properties and yes there are and yes they are out of Seminyak. 5 minutes in a cab that's all and the shuttle is terrific. Personally I would not like to stay right in seminyak it's more of a busy construction zone at the minute and I don't think this will change on the near future. The service was great, the food good and cheaper than many of the cheap restaurants, staff terrific and the Villa was a little worn yet perfect and quiet. The private pool is a must after the beach,open shower awesome even with the rain and the spa was good value and good service. 3 hours of treatment for $60 AUD. Give them a try we had a great time and will be back!

Room Tip: As a couple insist on the suites not Villa 1 or 2, there are only 12 suites so quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern Territory
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed at the Bali Dream Suite Villa for four nights. Room was clean, private pool was great, complimentary fruit basket tasty, complimentary afternoon tea of local sweets was good (when we managed to taste them! When we were out until late in the day we came 'home' to find local creatures had sampled the cakes before we had opportunity to! They got through the cling wrap! Note this didn't happen every night - some days the snack were left secured in the bedroom. This brings me to the point of inconsistency - obviously because of changeover of staff? Sometimes we found our pool towels changed, some days they weren't. Luckily we had a two bedroom villa so we could use the towels from upstairs so not a major complaint). Villa staff were very friendly and helpful. A small wait for the courtesy vehicle into Seminyak, Kuta and Legian - but we were on holiday so what's the rush?! Drivers were very chatty and friendly. Transfers to and from airport great. Walking distance to the beach, however it wasn't exactly picturesque with road works and rough footpaths so we only did it once. Didn't fit in a spa visit - they were booked out when we tried and more expensive than those you can find outside the hotel anyway. Breakfast was good - usual asian western buffet combo of noodle, rice, eggs, sausage etc. The chocolate milk was great for a sweet treat! Did have issues like other reviewers with taxi's getting confused - even when showing them the map provided by the hotel?! But then again, have travelled around Australia and been in cities where taxi drivers have no clue?! Would recommend to others for the nice rooms and good customer service, but would let them know that you're not exactly in the thick of things and to expect a challenge with some taxi drivers! Oh - and the open air bathroom was great - showering on stones! But don't be alarmed if you notice some worms lurking around the rocks! :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Cecina, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

After I had read the comments on TP concerning the different locations of Bali Dream 1+2+3 I nevertheless booked a 1-bedroom Villa in the Bali Dream Suite Villas for the last 2 days of our honeymoon via booking.com (which gave me the possibility to cancel my booking up to 1 week before arrival). Once I had made the booking I sent an email directly to the hotel saying: "I have booked for Bali Dream SUITE Villas. Can you please confirm, that I will stay in Bali Dream Suite Villas. I wouldn't like to have any arguments on the last days of our honeymoon". The replied promptly confirming, that they confirm the Bali Dream Suite Villas.(of course I printed this email and had it with me, should there have been any problems. But no problem at all. We arrived at the Villa - they asked immediately for payment (which I wasn't prepared for and therefore had to pay with my cc - paying in Dollars in cash would give you a better deal, as their currency exchange is really bad). They showed us our 1-bedroom Villa and explained it to us. Although we hadn't booked the honeymoon package there was still a small cake in our room upon arrival as well as beautiful decoration on the bed and the bath tub.
The Villa itself is great - this is a little bit of Luxury which you would never be able to afford in Europe. the pool is small, but still very nice to have a refreshment (I suppose there are smaller ones). The bathroom is beautifully appointed with a very nice open-air shower.
Wireless internet worked perfectly fine, the fruit platter was refilled daily, as well as some sweets next to our bed.
We decided to have breakfast in the restaurant, which gave us a great choice - very nice breakfast. The shuttle service to/from Seminyak and Kuta area works very fine. Just let them know half an hour early and they will arrange it for you. We also had free airport transfer as well as a 15 minutes massage included.
The area around the Villa is not the best and many taxi drivers get confused with the 3 diffreent Bali Dream buildings. But their free shuttle service makes up for the location.
On our first evening we wanted to got to Jimbaran to have some seafood. When we told the guy who showed us our Villa, he told us, that the restaurants normally pick you up and bring you back - as a taxi ride can get very expensive especially on a Saturday evening during rush hours (indeed, it took us 45 minutes). I am sure that the restaurant prices were higher because of the pick-up services. But it was still ok for us.
I also had a look on their offered tours and in comparison to what the hotels in Sanur and Ubud charged, they seemed quite expensive. Nevertheless we tried to book a tour to Uluwatu with them, but they were fully booked for the day and couldn't accomodate our request. They called a taxi driver from nearby and in the end it costed less than with the hotel.
one advice, which has nothing to do with the hotel: always make sure to take a Blue-Bird taxi (in the window they have written: Bluebird Group - this is the easiest way to recognize them, as there are many fake ones). And have a dinner at Sarong, as it is really worth it!
I know that many had problems with the Bali Dream Suite Villas. I had a very nice stay and everything worked out very well. I think that for those who have a tight budget, but want some luxury, this is a very good choice.

Room Tip: insist with the hotel to really put you into "bali dream SUITE villas"
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Beautiful villas and generally great service, but all to no avail when they double book and put you in another hotel (not even one of the other Bali Dream Villa properties, forget to collect you from the airport and have a shuttle service that is unreliable.

Room Tip: I believe all 12 villas are the same
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bali Dream Suite Villa? Share your experiences!