“Our second home!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

You added The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kayu Aya | Seminyak Beach, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #23 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Niddrie, Australia
“Our second home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great location to many wonderful restaurants, and cafés, and most important shops! Beautiful grounds, with an amazing pool right on the beach. Second pool has day beds with canopy and shade from the sun. Rooms are a very generous size, with a large ensuite.

Room Tip: We stayed in an ocean view room with a balcony. We could hear the waves, and watch the sunsets on ou...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheSeminyak, The Management at The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Debbiea21,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review with us

So great to know that you had selected us as your second home during this visit to Bali and that we had made it such a memorable experience for you.

We hope your memorable experience will bring you back to our resort, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at reservation@theseminyak.com for booking assistance.

The Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at The Seminyak. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The in-house Spa and massage was exceptional. I went twice for a rejuvenating set of massages. I would recommend the Karheyana massage. The location and niche of the hotel is focused on privacy and solitude. If this is what you want then this place is ideal for couples who want to unwind. and rejuvenate

Room Tip: Choose a room with the sea view. You won't regret it. The sunsets are worth waiting for.
Dear grkantan,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We really appreciate your positive review regarding our spa treatment, and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back to our resort, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at reservation@theseminyak.com for booking assistance.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Good choice if you are going with your family, wife or friends, near goods spots in Bali and great SPA and swiming pool. Great breackfest, luch and dinner, but if you want to try something out of hotel you can go walking for the several restaurants around.

Room Tip: There are two kinds of rooms, the Vilas that is the oposite side of the beach and the main tower tha...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Michel A,

Thank you for spending your precious time to share your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that you and your friends had a most enriching and distinctive stay and that our team looked after you very well.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to our resort in near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly at reservation@theseminyak.com for booking assistance.

Kind regards,
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My hubby and I had a nice time at the resort facing the ocean view. Closeby beach n pool to enjoy. V enjoyed our romantic sunset dinner at the chapel with a personal butler with an affordable package! Everything was good except for the jacuzzi not working properly which was a little disappointing as I love to use it daily. Nevertheless it was a clean quiet and safe resort. Breakfast was v pricy and wish the management relook into. Thank you to the management of staff especially Dewi who attended to our services efficiently before she went on her leave. I wud still recommend the resort.

Room Tip: Suite facing ocean view is great. V upgraded upon arrival.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheSeminyak, The Management at The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Kanta2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review here on TripAdvisor.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience you had faced with the jacuzzi in the room and appreciate your feedback regarding breakfast price.

It was a pleasure to know that you had enjoyed an overall pleasant stay with us. I will be sure to share your compliments with Dewi and the team.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to our resort and please do not hesitate to contact us directly at reservation@theseminyak.com for booking assistance.

The Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa Management

For business or leisure, we certainly hope to welcome you with us again the next time you visit!
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel and staff are fantastic, we were made to feel very special. The staff are so friendly and seem to learn your daily habits and remember your needs and little details about you, making the service very personal. When we arrived we were offered the option to upgrade our room for a very minimal cost, it was well worth the money and very much appreciated.
We booked this holiday to celebrate my partners 50th Birthday, we came back to our room one night to find the staff had made her a birthday cake for us and left it in our room. On one night I ordered ice for drinks, the following night when we returned to our room after a night out we found ice was already in our room.
The day we checked out we were not actually leaving until 8:30 that night, the hotel offered us the use of the Spa showers to freshen up when we returned to the resort to collect our bags, we were welcome to use the resort facilities until we were picked up.
Our experience at the resort was exactly what we wanted, a romantic get away, we felt spoilt and loved every moment. The staff, including the security personal were all very friendly and we felt very safe and secluded, which was fantastic after spending the days exploring Seminyak and Kuta.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main part of the resort, its worth the extra money
Dear Ian R,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.

I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall experience at our resort, and glad that our services had left a memorable memories for you and your partner.

We very much appreciate your compliments for our team and look forward to welcoming you back to our resort, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at reservation@theseminyak.com.

Holsworthy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel is great! It is in a great beachfront spot, close to the centre of the action in Seminyak.

Despite the busy road outside, the hotel is a peaceful haven. The biggest asset of the hotel are the staff. They all speak good English and are charming and helpful. The rooms are large and spacious, and kept in very good order by the housekeeping staff. Clean towels appear as if by magic when you pop out for dinner (even though you've already had a clean set that day).

A word about the beds - they are fantastic. I have stayed in some pretty upmarket places with dreadful beds in the past, so I was delighted to find this enormously comfortable bed. Heaven! I used the spa once - it is excellent, but a tad expensive for me. The Spa charges are about what you'd pay in the UK, so not unreasonable, but you do expect things to generally be cheaper in Bali.

The food in the breakfast buffet and the poolside restaurant is very good. Always nicely presented and very tasty and fairly priced. Drinks are a bit pricey compared to local restaurants. For example, a small Bintang is 45k Rupiah, compared to 25k at most local outlets, but you have to consider your surroundings. The gardens and pools are beautiful and really well kept.

My husband and I were unlucky enough to pick up a nasty gastro bug while we were there (nothing to do with the hotel) and when the staff became aware of this, they couldn't have been more helpful. They organised a visit by an excellent doctor for us, and kept a check on us to make sure we were ok and offered special food. Thanks to everyone involved for your help!

We stayed in the beach wing rooms and had a lovely sea view. Please be aware that the garden wing rooms are not in the main part of the hotel. They are across a fairly busy road and have their own pool. By all accounts, the rooms are just as good, but I imagine that you might feel a bit left out if you were staying there.

There were only two small gripes while we were there. The first was negotiating a late checkout. I was surprised to be asked to pay a charge of US $125 (about £80) to extend our stay by just four hours. The matter was resolved to our satisfaction in the end, but I did think the amount they asked for was excessive. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and have never been asked to pay that much for a late checkout.

The second gripe is not the hotel's fault, just something you should be aware of. The sea along this stretch of coastline is quite ferocious, with big waves and strong currents. Great for surfers, but not for anyone wanting a relaxing swim in the sea. Certainly not good for children. The red flags indicating no swimming were on display pretty much all the time.

Room Tip: Avoid the Garden Rooms because of the road between them and the main hotel.
Dear GrandmaFunk,

Thank you for sharing such a comprehensive review of your stay.

We are most delighted to know that you and your husband had enjoyed your time with us, your compliments for our team is much appreciated. Your feedback regarding late check out charge is very much appreciated and we would like to assure you that this will be shared with our Front Office team.

Looking forward to welcome you back to our resort, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at reservation@theseminyak.com.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was a little apprehensive at first looking for hotels that would be suitable for my mom who is wheelchair bound. Wasn't really keen on big chain hotels with numerous rooms since we were just looking for a weekend getaway for some peace and quiet. After an extensive research reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I finally decided on this hotel but was only keen on the ground floor beach wing as it would be easily accessible for my mom in getting around the hotel grounds and for my 11 year old nephew to get to the pool. Since there were only one available for booking, I called the hotel via Skype to check just to make sure and the front office staff Ratna was very reassuring to me patiently answering all my queries over the intermittent not-so-good voice quality of Skype that evening.

So I booked it through Agoda from 14-16 of March only to realise on the check-in day that my booking did not go through although I received a Confirmation Number but not a follow-up email consisting of the hotel voucher. Imagine my panic. Dian and I believe the Front Office Manager whose name has now escaped me, guided me through in checking my booking status and eventually had it all resolved. While sorting all this out in the Business Centre, I have left my mom and my nephew at the lobby. Little did I know that my mom had taken to the fauna and flora of the surroundings and had wandered around by herself. Seeing this, Gunawan who I believe is the conceige helped wheeled her around answering her questions on the species of plants and flowers. And when that was over, he stayed on speaking to her since this being her first time in Bali and filled her in on what little she knows about the people and the place. It wasn't long before my mom was bought over.

We had the beach wing room 3109 with a porch that stretches out to a well kept garden and gazebos and facing the sea. The Garden Wing which was divided by a narrow stretch of road was behind us. Yet it was quiet. The bed was comfy and so was the roll away bed. Sheets that were clean and amenities well stocked. The way the surrounding of this place was kept, you could almost tell that it is not going to be mosquito infested. Another reason why I opted against staying in a villa regardless of its ratings. As soon as I read something about mosquitoes, I would click 'next'. But having said that, it doesn't mean that this place does not have mosquitoes and that you could leave your sliding door open after sunset for the sea breeze. This is Bali after all and there is bound to be mosquitoes. But it does mean that you do not need heaps of mosquito coils to burn or frequent fogging of the place.

The pool is great and I like that it sits right there overlooking the beach. There is also another pool with a pool bar albeit a little smaller. The buffet breakfast spread was sumptuous with eggs prepared the way you like it. The staff at the Santan restaurant were cordial catering to all our needs especially that of my nephew who had only wanted Spaghetti Bolognese which was not in the menu. I could kick myself for fogetting to take the name of the waiter who served us. Location is just perfect! Right beside Kudeta and walking distance to shops and eateries. No problems with the Wifi either.

I must say that it was a very nice touch that they greeted us with a garland of frangipanies on arrival to the hotel. The other thing I must mention is how helpful the staff were in going the extra mile in getting a plastic stool for my mom just so that she could sit while having her shower and a rubber floor mat. Thanks you guys for caring. Thank you Ratna for following up with your colleagues on my phone call and Indra as well for your help in answering my queries.

If you were to look at the plants and trees, you would be surprised at what you were looking at. The plants that were sticking out of the Koi pond beside the Santan Restaurant were actually lemon grass. The little plant that sits on the dinner table is that of rice plant. Many of these were pointed out to me by my mom and of which you don't see anymore in the urbanized island city that we live in.

Overall, I am so very pleased with this hotel and being in the hospitality industry myself and we all know that it is the people that make the brand. Not just anybody but the right people. Clearly, the Seminyak Beach & Spa Resort has the right people working for them. Passionate, committed, warm, dedicated individuals infused with Balinese traditions, culture and genuine hospitality. Kudos you guys, can't wait to be back!

Just a little pointer here: It is approximately a 20 mins drive from the airport. There is a taxi booking stand on the left as you come out of Customs and it is a standard 100,000 Rp (approx $10 USD) to get to the hotel. Pay after you reach your hotel. Alternatively, you may take the hotel shuttle that would set you back $35 USD if it is not included in the package.

Room Tip: If you were going for the beach wing, choose either the highest floor if you prefer a good sea view...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TheSeminyak, The Management at The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear SoloFlyer22,

Thank you for sharing such a candid and detail review of your stay with us - we loved the pictures too :)

We absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our staffs took a good care of you and your family. Our staffs indeed are the greatest asset and glad that their efforts are well recognized.

We hope that your memorable experience will brings you back to our resort, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at reservation@theseminyak.com

The Seminyak Beach Resort and Spa Management

Been to The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!