It is hard to sum up our feelings about this resort to one title line. You cannot deny how beautiful the ocean view is from the room and the pool, the friendly staff and the amazing breakfast. Still throughout our stay we were missing something, to take the experience to a 5-star level. When you pay a lot of money for your stay (~4.000 EUR for 12 nights in the ocean facing suite), your expectations are naturally high.
Maybe this comes from being a woman, but I was missing certain things to make me feel like a valued guest:
- the mini bar in the room is not free of charge (4 bottles of water are provided free of charge), which is kind of ridiculous considering the room price
- there were no complimentary gifts in the room (fruits, flowers, candy). This would not cost much, but would make a nice touch
- the hotel tried to charge us for an airport transfer (as it was not included in the package), which also is relatively ridiculous considering the price
These very small things left me with a feeling that this resort is run very effectively as a business.
As general comments about Seminyak I would say that the area has reached the final stage of touristification. It takes a load of patience to travel anywhere from Seminyak, as you are sitting in a traffic jam for up to 1-2 hours (depending on where you're going). Take this into account if you're planning tours or diving trips. Seminyak does have excellent restaurants, and we ended up eating out every night except one.
The one experience that eventually left a good taste in my mouth was the dinner we had at the hotel on our final night. There were very few participants in the seafood buffet, so it was practically a private dining experience by the sea. The hotel had organised a very nice cover band as entertainment, and the cook was presenting the food. Definitely recommend to take advantage of the hotel buffet offering.
In the end, I would probably not return, as with this kind of money you have so many other options available (e.g. Mauritius, Maldives) but this also very much due to how Seminyak has developed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seminyak is stylish beachfront resort that represents a new era in Bali's evolving hospitality industry. The property is all about tropical sophistication with a choice of elegantly appointed guest rooms, suites and villas designed to accommodate the needs of today's savvy travelers. Set within a charming landscape that encompasses native greenery, lily ponds and traditional thatched pavilions.The Seminyak is a modern retreat with distinct Balinese touches that provides a welcome escape from the outside world. A signature brand of hospitality together with heartfelt service promises a truly unrivaled experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seminyak Beach Hotel Seminyak
- The Seminyak Beach Resort And Spa
- The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Bali