“I wish I didn't have to leave” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

Bookmark
You added The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kayu Aya | Seminyak Beach, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #27 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“I wish I didn't have to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I spent 4 days/3nites in bali staying at the this resort, and I wish I didn't have to leave. This hotel has the key elements of a brilliant hotel. The hotel was full and as we had booked for a room earlier, they offered to upgrade me to a suite on the third floor with the balcony facing the ocean. If you are looking for a hotel or resort in seminyak which sits as close as possible to the ocean, this is the perfect accommodation for you. The splashing waves outside is a constant reminder of how close you are to the ocean. Brilliant!!

Best things about this place include the view, the infinity pool and the fantastic service. Make sure you choose the ocean wing. The staffs were very accommodating, friendly and professional, especially the conscierge and front desk.

The only downside to this place is the food. The buffet spread wasn't exciting, and the room service menu was ok. The only thing I really liked was the mee goreng which was Very delicious and generous in terms of serving.

But then again with food, there are plenty of options in seminyak and you will be spoilt for choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TheSeminyak, The Management at The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear EuphoricAudacity,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experiences at our Resort. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that you had such a wonderful time at our suite ocean view and the infinity pool, while we are equally pleased that you enjoyed our other facilities and services.

We appreciate your constructive feedback for the buffet breakfast where we are now is improving the set up and the choices of foods.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort and thank you again for having chosen to stay with us.

The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wonderful hotel right in the beach. Infinity pools overlooking the ocean.Our room on 2nd floor huge and well appointed bathroom included a spa.Staff were all very friendly and the position was, great. The Spa facials were excellent. The only negative was we had to come home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Aoitori,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your reperiences at our Resort.
We are indeed very delighted that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again to The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our 4th stay at The Seminyak, and we love it just as much every time. We had a beautiful view of the surf from our suite on the top floor. The staff are amazing as always, so friendly, always greeting us like old friends, no request too much trouble. Fabulous position, and beautiful grounds. Thank you Mr Dwi and all the staff for another memorable Bali holiday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JenV97,

It such a pleasure for us to welcome you for the 4th times and we are very delighted that you had a comfortable and enjoyable time with us.

We are indeed very fortunate to have such great team members working with us taking great care of our guests day to day needs. I will certainly share your kind words with them and the rest of my team

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I used to stay here at the old Resor Seminyak, but haven't returned to Seminyak for 10 years - my how things have changed! Let me say first we wanted to spend a little extra cash and have a nice couples holiday - first time in years. I travel a lot and I'm a bit fussy, and I had a few "musts" on the list of things I wanted from the hotel - absolute beachfront, swim up bar, breakfast included, king size bed, and separate bath... all ticked. Also because I knew the location I felt comfortable booking in. The hotel is close to everything - a short meander up the beach to La Lucciola... my fave restaurant here still, Ku De ta next door... if that's your thing. But of course when I first arrived I missed the retro charm of the old hotel - the beautiful gardens, and the great value. Perhaps had made a mistake? Ultimately though, I would have to say the answer was No. It was lovely.

The room was a very good size, with a view of the ocean, the bed large and comfortable. Blockout blinds for that lazy sleep in. The coffee was good - several cuppucinos each morning, and the breakfast - well - it is what it is. Changing array of choices all reasonably tasty, good egg station, and if you wanted something extra you only had to ask. Still I find breakfasts much of a muchness in Bali hotels.

The staff are all wonderful - but I have never really had a bad experience in Bali. The cocktails at the swim up bar were delish - and the satays are well worth trying - they come in their own little smoking grill. Didn't eat in house apart from that, as the prices aren't worth it when you can walk out the door to so many restaurants (for a quick and good meal - try Ultimo). We both suffer from mozzie's... but there I was only bitten once and didn't even have to wear repellant for most of the trip so they obviously had things under control. And it was nice to see that my friends who traded on the beach were all still there and we had a jolly reunion. Yes, there's the hassle of being approached when you go to the beach, but a couple of strong "No thank yous" will send people away. If you want a good beach massage ask for Linda. I tried to spend a bit with the locals on the beach to share the money around.

The joy of this hotel is to watch the incredible sunsets... and I went mad photographing them. We were there for Nyepi day (and the Ogoh Ogoh the night before that) and I would love to come back again for the day of silence...like experiencing Bali the way it once was. You're not allowed to leave the hotel on Nyepi day but the staff put on some wonderful activities including making a Balinese offering and Language classes.

The infinity pool is beautiful. The cabanas dotted throughout the grounds very restful. Whilst at first I was a bit overwhelmed by the size of the place, and felt that it lacked a bit of soul, I came to really love our stay. A couple of little things that weren't quite right though... our welcome flowers inside the room were there long past their first bloom and well into dying mode. They should have been removed or replaced. Plus a little more attention to cleaning under the toilet seat wouldnt have been a bad thing... but overall the standard of cleanliness was very good. For a hotel that is competing with the romance of those 5 star hotels around it, little touches were missing - some candles/lanterns in the evening around the pool and bar areas for example.

I don't love the position of the restaurant - you're looking at the back of the villas... but if you time yourself right you can get a table with an ocean view. Elements like the lighting etc didn't really give it the romance and soul I would have expected from a 5 star balinese hotel, but given we got a good price I really can't complain.

We were given a free massage each in the spa - the spa is lovely, really beautiuful and the massages very nice. Pricey though... and they did put the complimentary massage on our bill. When questioned though the items were removed.

A lovely woven bag in the room to take out shopping or to the beach was a nice touch - and you can take them home with you.

We asked for late checkout, and at first were told since our room was booked, they couldn't accomodate us... but I returned a second time and the hotel moved us to another room (a twin) until 6pm free of charge. Sometimes a little persistance helps.

If you're looking for nicely presented rooms, good beds, a nice bath and rain shower, a fabulous pool, a great location, and a cruisey getaway, then it's a lovely hotel and you can't go wrong in the beach wing. Stay away from the Ku De Ta side in peak season, it's bound to be noisy... (even when you're not in peak I would think). Also make sure you find a good deal. I shopped around, got the lowest price I could and then went straight to flight centre who guarantee to beat it. I wouldn't pay rack rate or anywhere near it to be honest, not worth that amount of money, but if you can get a good deal I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Oh - and the little tailor immediately across the road came well recommended.I had a linen dress copied, and they did a very nice job. There were probably cheaper places I could have gone, but it was so handy... and I was on holiday!

So all in all, we had a ball, and the little things were not large enough to detract from a lovely stay. Will we stay again? For a good price, absolutely.

Room Tip: Beach wing- away from Ku De Ta - they were lovely.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KellyL836,

We do highly appreciate for your details feedback during your stay in our resort and we are really thrilled that you enjoyed the resort and our service.

We are happy to read that your overall impression of the Resort was very positive and that you enjoyed your time relaxing around the swimming pools,cabanas and at the beach. I also sincerely appreciate your observations in areas were we still need to improve and I have discussed these shortcomings with our Team Members to ensure that this will happen.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Resort when your travels will bring you back to Bali and like to thank you again for having chosen to stay with us.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

spent our Honeymoon here in September 2012 and it was probably a mistake. The hotel was pretty new when we stayed so may have had time to get better but it desperately needed to. We were promised a free upgrade when booking as it was our Honeymoon which was not forthcoming. After discussions with the front desk staff i asked to speak to the manager whom i subsequently found out was not the manager but the front desk manager, i repeated this process three times, never actually getting to speak to the hotel manager. The upshot was that, though the hotel was not full and they could have upgraded us, we did not get a free upgrade and i had to pay extra to move up to the promised room for our honeymoon. The hotel generally (and it has to be said Bali) was ludicrously overpriced, our room bill averaged out at £250 per night. The food and drink in the hotel was stupidly priced with the upshot being that nobody ate or drank there which was a real shame as there was a nice (but empty) pool bar. The sea outside is too rough to swim in, the noise of the wind on the balconies and walkways is something to behold.
The grounds and pool area are very well cared for, the room was great but far too expensive and the sense of resentment was dificult to shift. I would say that the owners and management just havent got their heads around customer service and a reasonable business model to create a nice hotel.
Have to say that Bali as a whole was a huge disappointment, even though Seminyak is meant to be a nice, upmarket resort area it was overflowing with Australians doing their best impressions of English people in Spain.

Room Tip: offer to pay 1 tenth of the published price and you may achieve some kind of value.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TheSeminyak, The Management at The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Andrew P,

Thank you for staying with The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa and sharing with us your valuable comments.
Obviously we did not meet all of your expectations during your honeymoon in September 2012 with us and for this we are deeply concerned.

Within these 7 months, we did improve our service and facilities and we do strive to exceed our guest expectation, in order to deliver our service commitment to all of our guest and ensure every guest who visits us takes home some unrivaled experiences and feel relaxed.
Please be assured that we have cascaded to relevant leaders of our team to strategically address the specific areas of improvement that you have highlighted to ensure that your feedback is regarded as one of our service benchmarks.

It is important that we regain your trust and hope that you will give us the opportunity to work with you in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am a Travel Agent and have recently returned from a familiarization trip to Bali. The Seminyak Resort & Spa was definitely a stand out resort on the trip. The property is very elegant with a grand marble open plan foyer and intricate artwork and detail through out the resort. It has a prime beachfront location, with an infinity pool overlooking the ocean and a beautifully decorated day spa. The Seminyak is in a perfect location, close to the popular Ku De Ta and Potato Head Beach Clubs and close to great boutique shops, markets, restaurants and bars. Seminyak has some of the best restaurants in Bali and it is a massive highlight to this resort, being so close to it all. The marble bathrooms are amazing! The rooms are spacious, clean and have a beautiful Balinese feel to them using traditional Balinese colours and decorative art pieces. I unfortunately did not get to enjoy the Day Spa, however it looked very luxurious.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the upgrade to the Beach Wing rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheSeminyak, The Management at The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear TaraK2707,

It is a delight to learnt that you have enjoyed your stay with us at The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa.

Your comments are well received and we appreciate that you have taken valuable time to share with us your feedback. We will definitely share this with our colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and to create yet another memorable stay.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is our last day here, don't want to leave. We had a beach villa, which was excellent. Staff are lovely, and very helpful. The gardens and pool, are wonderful. Our only complaint is that we had to wait for a table at breakfast time, even though there were plenty of tables empty. Overall, we loved our stay, and will certainly stay here on our next trip to Bali.

Room Tip: make sure you book a beach room, garden rooms are on the other side of the road
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sallys315,

We highly appreciate your stay and valuable comment.
It is our honor to provide such luxury facilities and thoughtful services and we are delighted to know that you had a impressive stay with us.Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positive comment that we are able to maintain on our service standard.

Your comment regarding our breakfast service has been notified and had been lend to the respective department which surely will improve the service quality.

We have always been committed to continuously give our guest an unrivaled experience.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa for another unrivaled and indigenous experience.

The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Management

Been to The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!