[The following review is for The Kahyangan Spa at The Seminyak Resort & Spa. I submit the review here since I cannot find The Kahyangan Spa account at Trip Advisor]
Kahyangan in Bahasa means Heaven. It’s the equivalent of Mount Olympus in ancient Greek mythology. I assume the name was chosen to depict the heavenly treatment the spa has to offers.
When I enter the lobby, I can see that they are keeping up with the name. The lobby is a mixture between the elegance of Indonesia old heritage with a touch of Arabian Night ambience. The aroma therapy is indulging you with floral scents. The fountain in the middle of the foyer is in the shape of blooming lotus while the ceiling is filled with colorful Batik patterns which you can lost in your own thought for admiring them. Architectural-wise the scale of the lobby is successfully creating a perfect ambience for an upscale spa. Not to mention the high ceiling that creates a divine building proportion.
After you sign for treatment, they will lead you the waiting room through a sheer curtain. You can’t help feeling that you’re lost in a luxury of ancient palace. In the waiting room, you will be asked several questions regarding your body condition and what you’re expecting from the treatment. You will be served a fresh cold towel with peppermint scent and a cup of ginger lime tea.
You will proceed to the locker room – which I really love. The locker room is elegant and spacious. You can find all the amenities you need. The high-ceiling shower room with rain-shower is simply divine. In the locker room, you change your attire with a – I assume – high quality silk kimono. I can’t even describe the quality of the silk. You have to feel it for yourself.
The open-air Jacuzzi is quite unique. Instead of solid walls, two sides of the Jacuzzi room are covered with metal sculpture with tinted glass facing the garden of the resort. There are two different set of temperature, 15◦C and 35◦C. Originally, for best result, it is suggested to dip in the high temperature and the follow with the lower one. However, since it was an open-air Jacuzzi and Bali’s heat is unbearable, I dipped myself in the cold Jacuzzi.
Later, you will be escorted to the treatment room. The corridor is exquisite. The dim lights, the wooden floor, and the carving for each number of the room are really depicted old-heritage Indonesian ambience.
My treatment room is the best one because it has ocean view. The treatment room also has an open-air bathroom area for washing-feet treatment and also for flower bath. The treatment I had is the signature treatment of the spa which called “Kahyangan Spa”. The 75 minutes treatment literally took me away to the dreamland because I was actually fall asleep. It was really relaxing and remedial at the same time.
After the treatment, you will proceed to the same ritual when you’re came in, which is to the locker room to take a shower and then back to the waiting room when you served with another ginger lime tea while answering questions regarding your satisfactory.
It was a heavenly experience indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seminyak is stylish beachfront resort that represents a new era in Bali's evolving hospitality industry. The property is all about tropical sophistication with a choice of elegantly appointed guest rooms, suites and villas designed to accommodate the needs of today's savvy travelers. Set within a charming landscape that encompasses native greenery, lily ponds and traditional thatched pavilions.The Seminyak is a modern retreat with distinct Balinese touches that provides a welcome escape from the outside world. A signature brand of hospitality together with heartfelt service promises a truly unrivaled experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seminyak Beach Hotel Seminyak
- The Seminyak Beach Resort And Spa
- The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Bali