“When finished it should be wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa

You added The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kayu Aya | Seminyak Beach, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #26 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
“When finished it should be wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011 via mobile

A very similar experience to the previous review, with some minor frustrations over the unfinished aspects. We also booked many months ago when the soft opening was scheduled for December. The staff are wonderful and the pool area just lovely however the building noises and the unfinished areas did detract from the overall experience. We stayed for 9 days and hardly got a cab at all as the location is great. The hotel has a shuttle that is very flexible with times and drop offs so that was an added bonus. Breakfast wasn't up to our previous seminyak resorts and I agree that some of the design aspects are curious (glass bathroom making midnight toilet stops a bright light wakening experience!). All in all still a lovely resort that will hopefully be top notch when the works and garden are finished.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Having stayed in the "Made for Western Tourists" Nusa Dua last October, we made the decision to stay a bit closer to the heart of it. Seminyak stood out as the place to be, as it was close to Kuta and Legian, but far enough away from the footy trips. So the search began for places that weren't too old, not too far away from restaurants, shops, the beach and value for money. Easy.

We stumbled upon the Seminyak onlineously site of Resor), which was a brand new Hotel due to be open in December 2010. It was in a great location, close to restaurants (Jalan Kayu Aya is the eat street of Seminyak) and right on the beach. We booked a Garden Wing room as we don't spend much time in the room and couldn't justify paying more for an upgraded room. This was in February and as yet the Hotel hadn't opened. Our Travel Agent assured us it would be open by May.

May came and yes the Hotel had opened, albeit a soft opening. We were greeted in the temporary reception room with a cold washer and refreshing drink. Coincidentally, Reception opened a few days later and it is very nice. We had been upgraded to the Beach Wing as the Garden Wing was not yet finished. As we arrived at night, we were unable to see how much works still needed to be done, but first impressions were great.

The room was luxurious, although not sure why you need a see through toilet door in the bathroom. The water in the shower was not very warm, though this wasn't a great problem and did improve as our week went on. Wide screen TV had all the usuals cable channels and IPOD doc was a nice touch. The housekeeper would leave an artistic towel display each evening on the end of the bed which was different but fun.

The gym was not ready in the Hotel, so I had to be driven to a local private gym five minutes away. I received three free visits, then I had to pay after that. I am not sure why I should have to pay for extra visits just because the hotel wasn't ready. Having said that the drivers at The Seminyak and the staff at the private gym were brilliant.

The pool area is very nice. We pretty much had it all to ourselves as there weren't many other guests. This will obviously change once it fully opens. They have a weird system where you have to sign in for beach towels and sign out once you are finished for the day. We have never had this before. Wasn't a huge pain, though, not sure why it is done. This will be hard to police when Hotel is full.

We only ate in the hotel for Breakfast. It was an A La Carte Menu and was very tasty, especially the pancakes and fruit salad with yoghurt. They served beautiful fresh juices and all types of coffees. Can't comment on the quality of the other food there, though you get much better value for money outside of the complex.

We had a bit of a gripe with security staff. Nearly every time we tried to re-enter the Hotel, we were asked if we were staying there. Bear in mind there were very few guests staying, and it became a bit annoying after a while. This will be a problem when the Hotel is full and guests are coming across the road from the Garden Wing.

In terms of the incomplete works, this wasn't that much of an issue. Some drilling and hammering during the day but not too bad. It probably just impeded our privacy a bit with workmen walking around, but they were all pretty much discrete.

Overall, this Hotel is going to be a star. It is next door to Ku De Ta which is a great place to just kick back and relax while the Sun goes down. All the staff were very friendly and the grounds are well designed. The test will be when they are full. We plan to come back to see it when it is completed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Just got back from staying at The Seminyak for 4 nights. Badly needed some R & R and Bali is always my choice for de-stressing. The Seminyak is the perfect place to do this. My room no. 3118 (beach wing) was a mere 10 steps from the beach! If being near the beach is a priority for you as it was for me, staying at the Beach Wing is a must. The Garden Wing is across the busy road so I wouldn't recommend it.

My room was on the ground level (there are 2 levels) and I used the balcony door to access the rest of the grounds and beach more than I did the room's front door. Service-wise, the staff try really hard although there were a few hiccups - front desk checked in another guest on my 2nd day there and mistakenly gave them my room! Luckily, although I was in my room at the time, I latched the door and the steward who showed them to the room couldn't enter. Must admit, it was a bit of a shock although they apologized very nicely. I guess accidents do happen but if I hadn't latched the door...........

Having said that, staff from reception to the breakfast restaurant to the pool staff were all very friendly and ever helpful. Grounds are beautiful and once all the landscaping and renovations are complete, this property will be one of the most sought-after beachfront resorts. They also have the most beautiful chapel right on the beach - perfect for romantic wedding services.

My room was spacious and fittings elegant and tasteful. The bathroom and amenities were well-thought out and planned.

Having stayed in more than 40 properties across Bali, I have to say that this one is certainly in my top 5 and I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rooms 3117 - 3210 closest to the beach
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011 via mobile

Words can not describe this new hotel. It's fresh, clean and such a nice place it will be one to watch. The resort was not complete when we stayed but who cares when they had such wonderful rooms and great service and most importantly the best views you could ask for. The villa is what you want if you can afford it worth every cent. If I have any suggestions it would be to have Mozey nets around the beds. The hotel staff do their best to satisfy you in every way. Thank you for making us luv Bali.

• Stayed May 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011 via mobile

Even though the resort is not finished it is still breath taking. First time I have travelled to Bali and this place has made me want to come back every year. We booked beach wing room and when we arrived we were very tempted to see the villa. If the rooms were amazing we just had to see what the villa had to offer. We did not hesitate to arrange the upgrade asap. Words could not describe the villa, Perfection.... Worth every bit extra. Strongly recommend this if you can afford it. The staff at this resort are so friendly, helpful and will go out of their way to do what they can. When we arrived I was a
little upset the spa service was not available but this was solved. Staff arranged the service to come to my villa from outside the resort. They made everything possible. Thank you to all the staff. This was by far the best resort we have stayed in for a long time. If I could give any suggestions to make this a better place I would have to recommend mossy nets around the beds in the villas. I have been eaten alive at nights. Thanks for the wonderful experience. Ps best location for shopping and dinning. Once fully complete watch out seminyak

• Stayed May 2011
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

The Seminyak will be a beautiful, 5 star resort - when its finished. Excellent location right next door to Ku de Ta, on the beach, exceptional staff. Infinity Pool is great, needs plants to grow a little, smaller pool not real clean... Spa building not complete, Garden rooms across the road no where near complete... reception does not look finished, restaurant and kitchen area a work in progress. The staff were wonderful, always a smiling face and only to happy to help with a lift to shops or nearby restaurants. Rooms are really beautiful, contemporary with Balinese touch. Will stay here again, but not until later this year, when the workmen and jackhammering is complete.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Easter a five day break with a girlfriend what a disaster we holidayed at a construction sight, food lousy, rooms average, staff lovely but you have to feel sorry for them when greedy owners open a Hotel still under costruction and expect the staff to keep guests happy. No spa or gym available for use, wasn't game enough to put my head under the water in the dirty pool

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!