“beyond expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Surf Haven Bali

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Surf Haven Bali
Jl Laksmana, Seminyak, Bali 2000, Indonesia   |
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“beyond expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

escape haven was the best retreats i have ever had the blessing to experience. the staff went above and beyond in every facet of my trip. i was celebrating my birthday and graduation with a week of luxury. as a student paying for the trip took some time and as a spend thrift person, i am still in awe of everything that was included. so if you are hesitant in the price side - rest assured your money will be well spent. and that is an understatement of the week i was able to share with a beautiful group of ladies and the beyond pleasant in house and regular staff. this trip is great for small groups and individuals. no need to know anyone prior...you will be great friends by the second day anyway! not only is there attention to every detail, there is expert yoga and surfing lessons for those new or experienced in either. it was a spiritual and genuinely fun experience and wish that i could relive it all over again!

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked surf haven because I wanted a break from a long business assignment in India before I headed back home to the US and this was perfect. I wanted to surf, be with a group of people, and have some luxury thrown in. It was all that and more! It's a whole different experience to be on a surf retreat with all women, we were cheering each other on, laughing and having an amazing time. I made new friends, learned to surf better (rode left for the first time!), had some very tasty/wholesome food, and got so many massages that I finally felt completely relaxed and went home feeling like myself again.

The villa is gorgeous and has plenty of space to relax and sit out in the sun, in the pool or in the shade. They have a small spa room (not private or extremely fancy, but very comfortable) for the treatments and I really enjoyed those. One of the treatments is off-site at a larger facility which was one of the best massages I've ever had (we're talking asleep and drooling kind of good). The yoga room comfortable fits 10-12 individuals, it can get hot but just ask and the yoga leader can turn on the A/C or fan. All the rooms are decorated really nice and ours had an outside shower. We did find a frog in there - the staff were super nice and caught and released him for us - so if you're afraid of "wildlife" ask for a room with indoor bath. The A/C on will also keep out any lizards since they don't like it cold, I personally don't mind since they leave you along and eat the mosquitos.

For people who don't want to think or plan a trip (and don't mind sharing a room if you're solo), this is the perfect retreat for you. Even though there was a whole (very packed) schedule, you don't have to do everything. They also have non surf retreats for people who don't want to take part int he surfing. I would suggest booking a few days around the retreat so you have time to do other things because you won't want to miss out on any of the activities and I left wishing I had more time. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you want a week of luxury, pampering and a cultural experience of Bali, this is the retreat for you. The villa and rooms are exceptional, the staff attend to your every need and the food, simply, rocks! I was a solo traveller and I met inspirational women from all over the globe during my stay, and we were a big family at the end of the week! The surf and yoga lessons were fantastic and I would highly recommend if its your first time. All in all, Escape Haven is an outstanding retreat, you must go at least once in your lifetime!

Room Tip: Ask for the shared room upstairs, you have your own sun loungers!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Exceeded my expectations on every level. Intimate, sophisticated, friendly, beautiful and relaxing. The manager Rachel was Devine nothing was too much trouble. Learning to surf at 47 was my aim and it happened. Go on your own or with a group either way you will have fun and having bonding experiences only a place like this can provide. My only advise, keep yourself safe in Bali I was robbed by a guy on a scooter. He took my handbag. Tainted my trip, such a shame.

Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I met two college girlfriends there so that we could all give ourselves a special 50th birthday present. But I never realized how special it was going to be. We were pampered from dawn till dusk. Staff thought about every little detail from the table decorations to the inspirational little treasures on the bed each day.
I have spent recent years in steady pain and had been advised to try yoga but was too fearful of what others would think. Escape Haven provided an intimate, non-judgemental environment to try it in. And I loved it. With all the massages, yoga sessions, reflexology, meditation and more massage, I was walking pain-free within 4 days. Just wish I could live there year round. The healthy food probably didn't hurt either.
Every woman deserves a treat like this at least once in their life!
Donna W. (Escape Haven Bali ~ May 24-30 3013

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Denmark, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Surf Haven (now called Escape Haven) was something I'd never experienced before.
Loads of high quality body pampering, inspirational yoga, fantastic organic food and many other options such as Balinese cooking classes. Or simply relaxing by the pool! There is never pressure to participate; you can do as little or as much as you would like to.
Most memorable for me are the new friendships made with women from different age groups and different parts of the world. I know we will all catch up again at some stage of our lives.
The retreat staff were fantastic and always willing to oblige.
I came home feel inspired, refreshed & positive in so many ways and would definitely recommend this trip to women of any age, whether travelling solo or with friends.

Denmark, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Feeling like we needed a RETREAT holiday in Bali my friend discovered Escape Haven combining surfing & yoga online. We are 5 mothers all in our 50's & wanted an escape from the norm.
Well we found it here in Seminyak! Villa Jupun where 12 women stay in amazing comfort are nurtured daily with Yoga, delicious well thought out food menus, spa treatments, surfing & nightly affirmations hand written on your turned down sheets!!
The staff all offer encouragement and allowed us to swap roles for the week and took over the mothering role of organizing our daily routines.
Our yoga teacher Jess was particularly special allowing me to regain my confidence in postures I'd forgotten about and I felt light enter again. She's an extraordinary yoga teacher and you are very lucky to have her on your team.
Also the surfing lessons were terrific, inspirational & well structured in warm shark free waters!! I felt 30 again!
So if your looking for a real ESCAPE from work, kids or just reality this is for you. You will meet great woman from all over the world, relax & energize the mind, body & soul.
Janine & Ratchel thank you so much for an awesome week & I'm sure we will be return customers. Xx

Room Tip: Book double rooms not triple Not the room closest to the stairs on ground level as not much natural...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Surf Haven Bali? Share your experiences!