“Luxury At It's Finest!” 5 of 5 stars

Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
“Luxury At It's Finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We heard about Prana through a good friend and decided to book an indulgent spa package, The Jewel Of The Nile. From the moment we walked into the spa, we were treated like royalty! With an entire room to ourselves along with an entourage to take care of any of our whims, our four hour session was nothing short of sheer bliss!
If you're in the mood to get pampered, this is definitely the place to go!

Visited February 2013
prana1, Manager at Prana Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear NeoAragorn,
It’s great to hear your Private suite experience was sheer bliss! We are pleased you had the opportunity to really unwind and be pampered with our amazing Private Suite services, this is one of our most indulgent spa packages. The Jewel of the Nile package is all about offering the very best and letting our guests experience pure luxury - it truly is the ultimate spa treatment experience.
Our goal is to make our guests feel so pampered like royalty and take them to a place where they can completely relax and escape the outside world.
We are so delighted the our Private Suite treatment meet all your expectation and we look forward to you visiting us again on your next holiday in Bali.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
7 attraction reviews
“Princess for a day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

One of my favourite things about Bali is the abundance of spas and beauty treatments on offer. I must say I have tried a lot of them, but nobody does it like Prana. It's not the cheapest, but then extraordinary experiences rarely are and, honestly it is worth every rupiah! How often do you really get to feel like a princess for the day. From the moment I step inside the castle walls the outside world is forgotten and I am immersed in a fantasy world of sumptuous boudoir-style changing rooms, plush carpets and gilded archways. My all time favourite has to be the Jewel of the Nile treatment which I did with my friend last year. The private suite looks like something out of Arabian Nights and is deliciously over the top with its gold candelabras and thick red curtains. The treatment was deliciously over the top as well – a massage with gold infused oil, pearl facial, and a milky soak in an enormous glimmering mosaic tub, where we were served with canapés and Champagne. What a treat! Surely not even Cleopatra had it this good. They also do a fabulous 1 ½ hour massage and I hear that their shirodara treatment is one of the best on the island (an ayurvedic treatment when you have warm oil drizzled onto your forehead and scalp.) I plan to try that next time! You can also use the steam room and plunge pools before or after a treatment and then chill in the courtyard restaurant when you are done – the high tea is pretty good too, especially if you are with your girlfriends!

Visited December 2012
prana1, Manager at Prana Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Louisa66,
We are so delighted you had an absolutely breath-taking experience with us at Prana Spa, our Private Suite offers treatments and services which really do exceed expectation and take people on a spa journey which they will always remember.
We have specially selected and trained our Private Suite therapists with international Spa trainers to make sure our guest receive a world class spa experience. We have selected the finest products from Indonesia and right around the world to ensure we offer nothing but the very best for our guests. No detail has been left untouched from the exotic design to our attentive team members, you even get your own butler to assist you with whatever you may need - The Private Suite is a spa experience truly like no other!
Prana Spa is a complete oasis just off the busy streets of Seminyak and as you mentioned our courtyard restaurant is really fantastic, we offer the most delicious international section of food. Our afternoon tea is a great way to relax after you have had hours of pampering in Prana Spa or Private Suite and I could think of a better way to enjoy an afternoon with girlfriends – We are pleased you had such a enjoyable and memorable time with us!

We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back again to Prana Spa
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Two hours of paridise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I spent two hours at the Spa being pampered, it was a welcome respite to the demands of parenting on holidays. I was treated extremely well and got an amazing discount because we stayed at the Bali Villa and Spa. I wish I had discovered it earlier in my trip, as I would have repeated the visit.
For the exceptional service, cleanliness and results, it was well worth the money.

Visited January 2013
prana1, Manager at Prana Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Meinetzfam,
We are so pleased that you had the chance to treat yourself with spa treatments at Prana Spa while you were staying at The Villas Hotel and Spa - Seminyak.
We are delighted to hear you made the most of our specials which we offer for our in house guests.
We have a fantastic selection of treatments to choose from at Prana Spa and like you mentioned, our spa packages are great value for money.
We are really pleased to hear you made comment on our exceptional customer service and our spas cleanliness as our team work really hard to create a relaxing and professional spa environment for each and every guest.
Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your next holiday to Bali.
Seminyak, Indonesia
“Is paying tax on massage normal in Bali?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently had an adequate massage here but when I went to pay I was told I needed to pay around 100,000 rupiah in taxes on top of the 530,000 of the massage cost. I also left a 70,000 tip. Not huge amounts for an Australian, but I've since been told that I shouldn't have had to pay taxes so either Prana needs to advertise their costs more clearly or I was ripped off. Either way, I wont be returning.

Visited January 2013
prana1, Manager at Prana Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Pjh_80955,

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed when you found out about the tax and service charge. We do clearly state on all our advertising and our spa menu that we do charge the 21% tax and service fee.
We follow the Indonesian law here at Prana Spa and you will find most registered businesses do also. Paying tax and service is very common in spa’s, restaurants and hotels all throughout Indonesia.
We treat all our guest with respect as they are very important to us and would never rip anyone off, we were simply just following procedure by the Indonesian law. We do hope you take the opportunity to visit us again at Prana Spa.
Kuala Lumpur
8 attraction reviews
“magical, but inconsistent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

beautiful place, everything was tastefully decorated according to the ambience and well maintained. staff as friendly and courteous. offers pick up transfer which is a big plus. went there for 3 days straight, first day massage was the deep tissue massage, magnificent, therapist was really really good.
on the 2nd day tried the ayurvedic bliss massage, it was pretty decent but not blown away. the 3rd day, which was on the 31st Dec decided to try the facial and hot stone massage, during the hot stone massage, the therapist did not test the heat of the stone before massaging it on me despite telling her to do so after the first time resulting pain from the overheated stone.
(my left leg and on my back).
perhaps they were busy that day being new years eve, they seemed a bit rushed while doing the massage. the facial was decent but the therapist was not wearing any mouth mask where unpleasent mouth odour came out when she was speaking, hence mouth mask suggested for facial therapist.
all in all will still come back to the place hopefully where the service shall be much consistent despite it being a busy day or not.

Visited December 2012
prana1, Manager at Prana Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear peepsKL,
We are so pleased that you had the chance to treat yourself with spa treatments at Prana Spa while you were on holidays in Bali.

It’s disappointing to hear that your treatment experiences were not consistent as we have set standard and policy for our therapists and treatment procedures. Training and development with our team is ongoing to try and avoid any disappointment with a treatment experience.
Been busy or not our therapist are meant to follow our set procedure and testing the hot stone temperature with the guest before the treatment begins is part of our set standard. Our team have been provide with facial masks to do there facial treatments so your feedback and comments will be looked into by management.

We are happy you will take the opportunity to visit us again at Prana Spa and we are delighted you enjoyed your other treatments with us as our therapist are very passionate about providing a wonderful experience for our guest.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to see you again when you return to Prana spa.