“magical, but inconsistent service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 76 Spas & Wellness in Seminyak
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kuala Lumpur
8 attraction reviews
“magical, but inconsistent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

beautiful place, everything was tastefully decorated according to the ambience and well maintained. staff as friendly and courteous. offers pick up transfer which is a big plus. went there for 3 days straight, first day massage was the deep tissue massage, magnificent, therapist was really really good.
on the 2nd day tried the ayurvedic bliss massage, it was pretty decent but not blown away. the 3rd day, which was on the 31st Dec decided to try the facial and hot stone massage, during the hot stone massage, the therapist did not test the heat of the stone before massaging it on me despite telling her to do so after the first time resulting pain from the overheated stone.
(my left leg and on my back).
perhaps they were busy that day being new years eve, they seemed a bit rushed while doing the massage. the facial was decent but the therapist was not wearing any mouth mask where unpleasent mouth odour came out when she was speaking, hence mouth mask suggested for facial therapist.
all in all will still come back to the place hopefully where the service shall be much consistent despite it being a busy day or not.

Visited December 2012
prana1, Manager at Prana Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear peepsKL,
We are so pleased that you had the chance to treat yourself with spa treatments at Prana Spa while you were on holidays in Bali.

It’s disappointing to hear that your treatment experiences were not consistent as we have set standard and policy for our therapists and treatment procedures. Training and development with our team is ongoing to try and avoid any disappointment with a treatment experience.
Been busy or not our therapist are meant to follow our set procedure and testing the hot stone temperature with the guest before the treatment begins is part of our set standard. Our team have been provide with facial masks to do there facial treatments so your feedback and comments will be looked into by management.

We are happy you will take the opportunity to visit us again at Prana Spa and we are delighted you enjoyed your other treatments with us as our therapist are very passionate about providing a wonderful experience for our guest.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to see you again when you return to Prana spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moscow
10 attraction reviews
“Overpriced temple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Prana spa is very exepnsive even in compare with top Bali spa saloons. By fact it seems you pay most of your money for temple look building. Massage we got was on average side with some unpleasant moments.. Also not very clean..

Visited December 2012
prana1, Manager at Prana Spa, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Chuk_l_Gek,
It’s a shame to hear our signature body massage treatment didn’t meet your expectations. This treatment is one of our most popular treatments received by our guests here at Prana Spa and we normally receive great feedback. Our team have been internationally trained in massage techniques to unsure our guests receive the very best treatments possible.

We maintain the highest standards of cleanliness at Prana Spa by having team members purely responsible for cleaning and housekeeping in the spa. We work very hard to ensure our guests have the chance to relax and unwind in a professional spa environment.

We find our spa pricing relative to our spa’s services and the facilities we offer compared to other destination hotel and resort spa’s in Bali. We also run special deals on some of our spa packages which works out better value for money than booking individual treatments.

We appreciate your feedback hope you take the opportunity to visit us again.
Murrumbateman, NSW
13 attraction reviews
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

From the moment you walk in you are treated with respect. The staff were lovely and obliged in showing us around when asked. The massage and oil spilling on the head treatment was so relaxing! Afterwards I used the plunge pools which was complimentary and as much as it muddled the senses is fantastically rejuvenating. It's not the cheapest place, but if you can afford to part with the money, do yourself a favour and give it a try.

prana1, Manager at Prana Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Cobezeke,
Thank you for the fantastic review on Trip Advisor- we are delighted you love Prana Spa as much as we do.
At Prana Spa we work really hard to offer our guests a luxurious spa experience in the caring and capable hands of our highly trained therapists. We find our pricing relevant to the exceptional service and the professional spa experience we have to offer.
We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Prana Spa on your next holiday to Bali.
Perth, Australia
“Excellent massage in an opulent environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was greeted with a lovely welcoming ginger drink which was very refreshing. The decor was very "Arabian nights" and quite different to what I've normally seen in Bali. Everywhere looked very clean and well presented and the staff all seemed to be very polite and attentive. I had a wonderful massage and I felt that the therapist really made an effort to find out what I wanted and adjusted the massage accordingly.
Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
prana1, Manager at Prana Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Fushia99,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Prana Spa on Tripadvisor. Prana Spa is like no other spa in Bali and blends Middle Eastern decor with amazing treatments and expertly trained therapists – making for an exotic spa experience!

We pride ourselves on our high standards of cleanliness and on our expertly trained therapist so thank you for acknowledging our efforts. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your massage and that your therapist made this experience even better for you.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and for your recommendation – we look forward to your next visit to Prana Spa.
Brisbane, Australia
“Best pregnancy massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I travelled to Bali when I was in my second trimester of pregnancy. I wasn't looking forward to the trip as I thought it was going to be more of a backpacker's paradise than a relaxing getaway. However, staying in the Villas in Seminyak blew my mind. The service and facilities are beyond luxurious, and Prana Spa being attached to the Villas was very fitting as it is the most luxurious day spa in the most exclusive spot in Bali. I had a massage daily (sometimes twice daily), but wish I had discovered how amazing Prana Spa was earlier so I didn't waste my time at the the couple of other places I tried (which were cheaper but the staff were too scared to give good pregnancy massages -they were so scared they would force me into early labour they would give a frustratingly light massage despite my initial and ongoing requests for a firmer massage). Prana Spa were the complete opposite -the masseuse gave THE BEST massage, asked how the pressure was and made sure I was happy throughout, and also gave me a gorgeous facial. LOVED LOVED Prana.

Visited February 2012
prana1, Manager at Prana Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Bec S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Prana Spa experience on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to hear you had the chance to pamper yourself with a wonderful pregnancy massage and a relaxing hydrating facial.
Our fantastic therapists have been specially trained in western Spa therapies ensuring that you receive a truly relaxing experience under our skillful and caring hands.
Our team here and at Prana Spa and The Villas pride them selves on friendly and professional service and will be very pleased you took notice and mentioned them.
We wish you all the very best for the rest of your pregnancy and look forward to you visiting Prana Spa again in the future.