Stayed in both the Apartment Suite (3nights) and the 1Bedroom Pool Villa (4nights). So I can review both. Note: This is not a large resort with a resort pool with a pool bar or with hotel activities or restaurants like some of the other bigger hotels.
Apartment Suite - The apartment suite is nice. It has the basics you need: kitchenette (bar fridge, microwave, kitchen sink, tea and coffee), lounge (very comfortable and big enough to sleep comfortably) and king bed, so for the price it is good. The balcony is small and overlooks the hotel pool. It is not a private balcony and you can see other rooms balconies and vice versa. I personally did not like the shower. It was not appealing. I did like the bathroom setup. Would recommend for people spending a lot of time out and about. Or for sleeping in the room all day because the bed is super comfortable. As is the lounge.
1 Bedroom Villa - AMAZING! Loved it from the moment we opened the door. It is a beautiful setup. Perfect for us as we did not have any plans to go anywhere. We ended up spending our stay, in the villa most of the time, leaving only to buy food and go out for one night. The pool is so refreshing and relaxing. We loved that it was right next to the room and kitchen. However, do not recommend for kids (or adults) who want to jump into the pool and make a lot of splashing as the water will go into the room or lounge area. Unless your prepared to clean it up. The room was a lovely setup - the king bed, again, so comfortable. No problems with insects inside. The french doors that open out onto the pool are a nice touch. The kitchenette is basic - bar fridge, microwave, cutlery, sink. The bathroom is also lovely, as is the sunken bathtub. The shower is semi outdoor, which is lovely in the daytime however, for me, a shower at night time is a definite NO as I am scared of the bugs that might fly into the shower. However, a lot of the villas in Bali have the outdoor shower theme. The villa was our preferred room over the apartment suite. I would definitely say that if your wanting to spend a lot of time in your accomodation then the villa is a good choice.
The service at Astana Kunti was wonderful. They reception staff were always helpful. And were able to recommend tours and activities to do, also recommending which ones not to do as the operators may rip us off. But they were never pushy into taking certain ones, which was nice. On arrival we were very hungry and as it was pretty late and we didn't want to go anywhere and their kitchen was closed, so the reception lady gave us a booklet with all different restaurants that deliver right to your room. This booklet was what we ordered our food from for the rest of our stay. It was awesome. The food was cheap including delivery compared to what you would pay in Australia. The breakfast is not a buffet breakfast and is just average. The free shuttle bus was always able to take us to Kuta or Legian, just need to call reception to check if they are there or arrange a time. The return trip, however, is up to you. Taxi's in Bali are so cheap though. The staff we encountered throughout our stay were so helpful and all so friendly. The hotel is not in the busy area of Kuta or Legian, however they are not far so catching a taxi or the free shuttle is easy. Overall I would definitely recommend Astana Kunti.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located down a remote passageway in the sophisticated Seminyak, the upscale and classy part of Bali, partly surrounded by rice paddy field beyond the banana cluster and designed with modern minimalist style and assembled around community pool and tropical landscaped garden of scattered frangipani trees.Astana Kunti Suite Apartment & Villa is a fine-composition of 28 suite apartment and 19 villas that securely located in Seminyak area; where the essence of cosmopolitan style in the full swing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Travelocity, AsiaRooms, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Astana Kunti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astana Kunti Hotel Seminyak
- Astana Kunti Bali/Seminyak