“Lovely stay - Great service and a beautiful Villa.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Astana Kunti

You added Astana Kunti to your Saves list
Astana Kunti
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jl. Dewi Saraswati III No. 39, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #29 of 78 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely stay - Great service and a beautiful Villa.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed in both the Apartment Suite (3nights) and the 1Bedroom Pool Villa (4nights). So I can review both. Note: This is not a large resort with a resort pool with a pool bar or with hotel activities or restaurants like some of the other bigger hotels.

Apartment Suite - The apartment suite is nice. It has the basics you need: kitchenette (bar fridge, microwave, kitchen sink, tea and coffee), lounge (very comfortable and big enough to sleep comfortably) and king bed, so for the price it is good. The balcony is small and overlooks the hotel pool. It is not a private balcony and you can see other rooms balconies and vice versa. I personally did not like the shower. It was not appealing. I did like the bathroom setup. Would recommend for people spending a lot of time out and about. Or for sleeping in the room all day because the bed is super comfortable. As is the lounge.

1 Bedroom Villa - AMAZING! Loved it from the moment we opened the door. It is a beautiful setup. Perfect for us as we did not have any plans to go anywhere. We ended up spending our stay, in the villa most of the time, leaving only to buy food and go out for one night. The pool is so refreshing and relaxing. We loved that it was right next to the room and kitchen. However, do not recommend for kids (or adults) who want to jump into the pool and make a lot of splashing as the water will go into the room or lounge area. Unless your prepared to clean it up. The room was a lovely setup - the king bed, again, so comfortable. No problems with insects inside. The french doors that open out onto the pool are a nice touch. The kitchenette is basic - bar fridge, microwave, cutlery, sink. The bathroom is also lovely, as is the sunken bathtub. The shower is semi outdoor, which is lovely in the daytime however, for me, a shower at night time is a definite NO as I am scared of the bugs that might fly into the shower. However, a lot of the villas in Bali have the outdoor shower theme. The villa was our preferred room over the apartment suite. I would definitely say that if your wanting to spend a lot of time in your accomodation then the villa is a good choice.

The service at Astana Kunti was wonderful. They reception staff were always helpful. And were able to recommend tours and activities to do, also recommending which ones not to do as the operators may rip us off. But they were never pushy into taking certain ones, which was nice. On arrival we were very hungry and as it was pretty late and we didn't want to go anywhere and their kitchen was closed, so the reception lady gave us a booklet with all different restaurants that deliver right to your room. This booklet was what we ordered our food from for the rest of our stay. It was awesome. The food was cheap including delivery compared to what you would pay in Australia. The breakfast is not a buffet breakfast and is just average. The free shuttle bus was always able to take us to Kuta or Legian, just need to call reception to check if they are there or arrange a time. The return trip, however, is up to you. Taxi's in Bali are so cheap though. The staff we encountered throughout our stay were so helpful and all so friendly. The hotel is not in the busy area of Kuta or Legian, however they are not far so catching a taxi or the free shuttle is easy. Overall I would definitely recommend Astana Kunti.

Room Tip: ALWAYS take a metered taxi so you don't get ripped off.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AstanaGroup, Manager at Astana Kunti, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Mr./Ms. TravellingBee176,

Greetings from Astana Kunti Suite Apartment and Villa...

Thank you for the time taken to sharing your experience while staying at Astana Kunti Suite Apartment and Villa.

It’s a pleasure to know that overall you are love with our product and wonderful services, I’ll proudly share it to all of our team, and I’m sure it will motivate them all to keep up the great work.
We all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Astana Kunti Suite Apartment and Villa and made your next holiday with us will be as amazing as the previous one.

Gede Sukanata,
Operational Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Spend 7days 6nights in Astana Kunti.

Booked from agoda but agoda does not provide rewards and special offers like the main website of Astana kunti does. So I suggest that it's better if you book it at the main site.

After I have book through agoda. As I search on the main site, I have missed out many good offers such as free breakfast and dinner, complimentary In house massages and complimentary shuttle.

So I had to pay RP212,000 for airport pick up. And another RP212,000 for the shuttle back.

Late checkout request is until 1pm only which is inconvenient coz our flight is at 6:50pm.

Breakfast is not serve on time and we had to call them to remind. Book breakfast at 8am and after 8:15am still not served. But they didn't take long after you remind them. But there's still room for improvement.

The villa however is awesome. It's exactly like the website. As I didn't get the good package like they displayed on main site. I called the reservation for some complimentary stuff since I am staying for quite a long period. They decide to give me the honeymoon set up which is a
1) honeymoon cake
2) honeymoon decor on the bed.

I had to pay USD $23 for the fowler petal arrangement in the pool.

You can rent the bike from the villa for RP60,000 a day, and if you are lucky, you get a bike with a cool helmet. (Well I lost their "kire kire"helmet while I was riding) and I replaced a helmet I bought from Kuta. Looks like a Harley Davidson helmet. Haha

At night, the staff will come and offer to burn the mosquito incense and spray around ur room. Which is convenient but I also suggest that you buy extra from the nearest alphamart. Oh yes please try the little side stall beside the alphamart where this nice lady is selling petrol. And ask her for "Jus Alpukat" aka "Avocado juice", super yummy.

Overall experience is awesome and the channels on the tv is pretty good as well as they have cable. But wifi is abit laggy. Oh well can't expect much. The staffs there are super polite and I would come again if I can, this time with expectations.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AstanaGroup, Manager at Astana Kunti, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Mr./Ms. Kre_ativ1_11,

Greetings from Astana Kunti Suite Apartment and Villa..

Thank you for your time to share your comment on tripadvisor, We feel that there is nothing we could say than a sincere apology for the inconvenience you had during your recent stay with us. The breakfast is not serve on time is not the service standard we want to portray. Thanks for mentioning this and we have taken necessary action to fix this from happening again.

We are pleased to hear that you said the staffs there are super polite and I would come again.

Once again we apologize for the bad experience you had about the breakfast, we hope there will another chance us to be at your service.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Astana Kunti - what a find! A hotel consisting of a number of large modern suites within a u-shaped two storey complex, and gorgeous single storey villas located behind.

My large suite was located on the ground floor, with large glass doors opening on to a deck with 2 chairs, adjacent to the lovely, well-used beautifully clean swimming pool. Sweet smelling frangipani trees framed the view of the pool within the landscaped garden, it was just gorgeous. My room was decorated in modern Bali style, and there was a large very comfortable 3 seater couch with matching coffee table, a desk and chair, and a massive, superbly comfortable bed. To my surprise there was even a kitchen, with cooktop, microwave, large fridge, complete with cooking utensils and pots and pans. There's a CD player, in-room safe, and large wardrobe. The air-conditioner was quiet and very efficient. With so many channels on the large screen television, I was able to flick from one movie to another! I was even able to watch the Aussie Rules AFL semi-final on the Australian channel!!
White louvre double doors separate the bedroom from the beautiful clean bathroom which has a large shower. The water pressure was excellent, and the water was soft and hot. Once inside my room, I didn't hear any other noise at all from other guests (and the hotel was fully booked on several days), and felt safe and secure....in peace and quiet.

Breakfast could be served in-room, or in the communal lounge area. There is a good selection which should cover most tastes. I chose a different one each morning, and enjoyed them all!

I managed to sneak a peak in one of the villas. Wow! It had one bedroom, bathroom, a kitchen, and it's own swimming pool. It was beautiful. But having said that, I was more than happy with my suite.

This property doesn't have a restaurant as such, but breakfast is prepared on-site in a large kitchen area, and a good selection of lunch and dinner meals can be ordered via room service.
I ordered breakfast for 7.30am each morning, and it was delivered with a smile and friendly greeting on time at exactly 7.30 every morning. The tea was hot, the food was hot, the juice was cold. Perfect, thank you.

I spent several peaceful hours reading in the Bali hut and in the lounge.

The hotel advertises afternoon/evening beer specials, and can put on a BBQ for groups.

The hotel is located in what is still a quiet, scenic residential area, just a 10 minute walk from the rat-race of Seminyak. I found it a most pleasant, easy walk, past some small rice fields complete with tethered cows, a few up-market boutiques and spas, and a mini supermarket. Others might choose to take one of the free hotel bicycles, or perhaps a taxi. The hotel provides a shuttle, but it is essential to check its availability and what time it can take you in to the Seminyak/Legian areas. As with most hotels in Bali, it is a one way trip, which suits most people.

I spent 5 nights at Astana Kunti, and could have easily stayed longer. It has a lovely ambience to it. It is modern, clean, well-maintained, and provides something for everyone.
It is a unique property which I am sure will not disappoint. I was most impressed. The staff are ever so friendly, fun, efficient, and helpful. They couldn't do enough to ensure my holiday was perfect...and it was.

Before booking, check their website, as I am told they have excellent specials offering the best rates with all sorts of inclusions when booking direct.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
AstanaGroup, Manager at Astana Kunti, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Mr./Ms. Victoria B,

Greetings from Astana Kunti Suite Apartment and Villa..

Thankyou for your terrific review, it was a pleasure having you stay with us.

We really appreciate the details you included in your review and hope that they will be of use to fellow travelers. We have taken a lot of care to try and make our guests stay with us pleasant and restful, and yet still be in the vibrant inner-city sanctum of Seminyak.

Very happy to read your positive feedback about the our property and look forward to welcoming you soon for next stay and made your next holiday with us will be as amazing as the previous one.

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at Astana Kunti for 7 nights.. At first we were very happy with this hotel because the room looked nice and clean and rather spacious compared to hotel we stayed in at Sanur, however from then it just went down hill. The walls are very, very thin. You can hear everything! We were woken up all through the night and early every morning.The hotel advertises that there are free shuttles, subject to availability, that go to Legian, Seminyak and Kuta, however once we asked for a lift to Kuta they informed us that they did not go that far. Why advertise that if it's not the case?! The shuttle also only drops you off and does not do return trips (handy information). We got the shuttle three times in the 7 nights we stayed there because every other time we were told it was unavailable, even when it was sitting outside. The staff (minus one man) were very unpleasant and not helpful at all! They were rude and would always reply with "I'll check and get back to you" then never got back to us. Things as simple as getting a towel would take atleast an hour and reminders in order to actually get it. The pool was filthy the entire time we were there, the shower head was dodgy and squirted everywhere but on you, mainly getting the walls.. and one night the shower water even ran BLACK. No joke, black.. there was dirt all over the shower floor. When I told them about this there was no apology of any sort, they just asked my room number and that was it.. When we booked we paid for breakfast daily, as we did at the two hotels before in Sanur and Ubud, where we received buffet breakfasts. At Astana Kunti you order from a selected menu, which is okay, but the breakfast was terrible! My mum and I resorted to having cornflakes for breakfast every morning. They also ask you what time you would like the food delivered to your room.. every morning it was late! One morning it was one hour late and our teas were cold, as was my nephew's food. I would never return to Astana Kunti, and I advise everyone against it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
AstanaGroup, Manager at Astana Kunti, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Mr./Ms. 20CB13,

Greetings from Astana Kunti Suite Apartment and Villa..

Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor and apologize for inconvenience case, We appreciate your comments which rest assured are valued contribution to improve our product and standard of service.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

From the very start I was very impressed with Astana Kunti. My friend had arrived before me and I thought it was a lovely touch that they asked if she would like to accompany staff to greet me at the airport. I was very happy with the one bedroom villa - spacious & clean. The staff are amazing and were so accommodating. The villa is close to everything, easy for taxi to find as a taxi depot is right around the corner and its decently priced. I've just arrived back & have now booked another trip and will be going through Astana again. Thank you to all of the staff for an amazing holiday

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
AstanaGroup, Manager at Astana Kunti, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Ms. Cfc 2013,

Warmest Greetings from Astana Kunti Suite Apartment and Villa..

It’s a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, I’ll proudly share it to all of our team, and I’m sure it will motivate them all to keep up the great work.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Astana Kunti Suite Apartment and Villa or other Astana property, and made your next holiday with us will be as amazing as the previous one.

Gede Sukanata,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay there. The rooms are specious and comfortable. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Great value for money! Breakfast is their only challenge. Otherwise - it's wonderful. The hotel also provides services such as scooter rental, free bicycles and great advice for tours. They also recommend good drivers.

• Stayed August 2013
AstanaGroup, Manager at Astana Kunti, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Mr./Ms. Melittleo,

Warmest Greeting from Astana Kunti Suite Apartment and Villa..

On behalf of management and staff, we would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Bali, It was a pleasure and we hope you had memorable stay.

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor . We are very pleased to know that your experience at our lovely Astana Kunti Suite.

We look forward to welcoming you on all your future holiday.
If we could be of any assistance in your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact us .

Yours sincerely,

Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Well my trip to Astana Kunti did not go well since the beginning. As a start i need to shorten my trip by 1 night because my sudden change situation at work. I asked the management whether i can shorten my trip and get some refund but the management said that I cannot get any refund while offered me few options to use my extra 1 night cost. They are so inflexible and does not want to understand customer situation. No consideration at all and try to keep your advance payment as much as they can. Next is the room. The room wall is so thin and you can easily hear noises from outside. But maybe for the rate that they give, it is what you get. The worse is their swimming pool where it seems like they put tons of chemical so you can smell while you swim. My daughter got skin allergy after she swam there until today!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AstanaGroup, Manager at Astana Kunti, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Mr./Ms. 8080,

Greetings from Astana Kunti Suite Apartment and Villa...

Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor and apologize for inconvenience case, we would like to inform you for term and condition for your booking is non refundable (its clear mentions). And you also bought a super promo low price. The guest have to understand the terms and condition when they agreed was the one they chose. So the guest also have to follow the rules.

Regarding the pool, we are always sure to put chemicals in the pool in accordance with the standards specified and harmless.

Operational Manager.

Been to Astana Kunti? Share your experiences!