We stayed in Wollas for one week at the end of August - The Wolas Villas is all is says on it's webste - charming, relaxing friendly place. The villas are well appointed - the private swimming pool is a good size and completely secluded - it is ideal to cool off in during the day or at night after returning from dinner! The staff are welcoming and charming - the accomodation is first class - kept spotlessly clean and maintained. You can have breakfast in your villa but we found it better to go to the restaurant - the service there is faultless and you can learn so much about the surrounding area and what's on through conversation with the staff. Try the banana pancakes - there are great - but if you ask for a boiled egg make sure you say 10 mins - that way it will be about right rather than undercooked!! We also recommend the BBQ in your villa in the evening. The staff set up your table complete with tablecloth and chair covers and cook and serve your food right beside you - an unforgetable experience. The lounge is a good size and comes complete with kitchen - the bedroom is very roomy - it has to be to accommodate the bed - which is massive. The bathroom is well equipped - bath, shower , wc well spaced out. It also has an outside shower. Mosquitos are kept well under control - one of the nice features is that the night turn down services also sets up the "burner" that keeps the mossies away from the lounge area. A spray is also provided but we were rarely troubled.
We found no fault with the Wolas - they have a beach club which is only 10 mins away (free shuttle bus to the beach) with towels etc provided - the food is excellent and the staff go out of thier way to help. The Spa treatments - although more pricey than you find outside - are much better and in a clean, private dedicated area - the staff are very professional and "know thier stuff" - it is well worth the little extra
There are great restaurants near by in Seminyak (10 mins) - about 15000 rps in a taxi - or you can head off into Kuta (20 mins dependant on traffic) - don't let the location of the Wolas put you off - Wolas is not on the beach nor in a "bar / restaurant area - but is away from the noise and hassle of beach areas or "downtown" so you can retreat and re-energise in a quiet haven after a day of negociating prices or dealing with hawkers.
If you meet Leow - he will keep you right - ask him to make you a Singapore Sling - it's fantastic.
Without doubt one of the best holidays we have had in Asia
Robert & Rae
- Also Known As:
- The Wolas Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Wolas Villas And Spa
- The Wolas Villas Hotel
- The Wolas Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Haven of Timeless EquanimityOffering superb ambience and peacefulness, The Wolas Villas & Spa stands amidst the dazzling Seminyak tourist resort, premier shopping destinations and entertainment venues. Designed in minimalist modern and private luxury resort, it reflects the style and elegance of Balinese culture. This emanates from the glamorous entrance gate inspired by ancient temple and Balinese miniscule garden marked with frangipani and other verdant shrubs. Here is the haven of equanimity in Bali. Hence, look no further.Simply for your convenience, the villas have been equipped with supporting facilities like fine restaurant, spa and spacious parking lot.Besides, our villas are indeed perched at a strategic location. It is only 15-minute drive from the airport and less than 30-minute drive to destinations like Denpasar City, Golf Course and Sanur tourist resort. Even, the legendary paradise of sand at Kuta Beach is only 10-minute drive.The frenzy of Seminyak means nothing to us. As soon as walking into The Wolas Villas & Spa, it has been conjured up into tranquility without doubt. Our villa compounds are appropriate with travelers enjoying vacation in couple or with family. In harmony with these needs, we have provided you with 16 one-bedroom villas and 2 two-bedroom villas. Each villa is designed in stylish interior and equipped with first-rate quality furnishings. Meanwhile, its standard feature embraces a private swimming pool, kitchen, dining area and living area. Other facilities equipping them consist of 42-inch plasma TV, cable TV channel, in-house entertainment, and WIFI Internet access.Indeed, we offer you a true hospitality since you first make a reservation until you say goodbye. So, enjoy our Balinese affability in daily interaction, spacious walkway with rich greenery environment to villa, and genuinely homey living. In short, it is entirely dedicated for shrewd travelers wishing to immerse themselves in a splendid resort experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your The Wolas Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.