“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 297 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

One of the best hotels we have stayed in, from the start the staff were great and called us by our names and didnt forget them the whole stay. They noticed from my wife's passport it was her birthday and delivered her a free bday cake with breakfast. The rooms were very modern and stylish with a huge air conditioned bathroom, the private pool was a great size and overal didnt have any complaints about the Wolas at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

Warmest greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak, Bali
Thank you for the time taken to sharing your experience while staying at The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali
I’m so happy to know that overall you are happy and satisfied with our product and services, I will gladly share it with all of our team, it will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and hope your next visit with us will be as great as the previous one.

Best personal regards
Operation Manager ,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melb
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Amazing staff,always happy to help with a smile on their faces.

However, very dull lighting in the rooms and the lounge area, almost being very depressing. Too many mosquitoes in the lounge area and it was unusable due to them, despite the use of repellents and coils.

Breakfast - Was included in the package but did not taste good. To order any extras from the menu was expensive by Bali's standard and also did not taste good.

Will we return - No

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Warmest Greetings from The wolas Villa and Spa @Seminyak Bali

I’m happy to know that you have enjoyed our product and services. I will gladly share it with all the team. This will certainly motivated them to keep up the good work.
We have note some points from you and please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken by our Departments concerns, to handle and we will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction.
Thank you once again for your comment, Look forward to personally welcoming you again in your next stay with us.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in Wolas with a group of friends in Oct 2012. The villa is nice, spacious and clean. However, the next door villa is only parted by a brick wall, you can't talk really loudly in the outdoor area if you don't want your conversation to be heard. Love the outdoor living room, kitchen and the pool. Breakfast is good which can be taken either in the restaurant or in our villa. Wifi signal is strong and can be access anywhere in the villas. There are local restaurants within 5 -10 mins walk and there are plenty of choices. I would recommend this villas to couples who want to have a relax holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Warmest Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

It’s a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, I’ll proudly share it to all of our team, and I’m sure it will motivate them all to keep up the great work.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali, and made your next holiday with us will be as amazing as the previous one.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

One of the only times I have been to a place where the real thing was better than the photos. The photos on the site really does not do justice to the villas.

The place was just magnificent. Huge room with equally large en-suite. Large out door dining area and the pool was great.

The Spa was only about 20m out side the villa as was the restaurant. We ate out a few nights and found the prices and food in house was just as good and cheap as in Seminyak centre or Kuta. To tell the truth we only ventured out of the villa a few times for shopping and the remainder we stayed in the villa. The Spa again was similiar price to outside and the service was great.

Service was very good. Genuine staff who were willing to assist with whatever you needed.

Only downside I could say was the outdoor area was swamped with mosquitoes at night time. Even though the Villas are smoked twice a week to get rid of the mosquitoes it doesn't get rid of them.

I have been to Bali about 10 times at different hotels from Kuta - Sanur - but I can say I will only go back to this place now.

I would certainly recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest
Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa
Thank you for taking your time to share us your recent holiday experience at The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak Bali
I am very pleased to know that you have had a most memorable stay with us recently and that you enjoyed its facilities and services provided .I will gladly share it with all of our team members, and it will certainly motivate them to always keep up their good job.
We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you during your recent visit to Bali and look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back again to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak , Bali in the near future.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We’ve stayed at a few pool villa resorts around SE Asia, and we have found Wolas to be the best. The Villas are exceptionally spacious; the on-line photos don’t do it justice! There’s plenty of timber decking around the pool, enormous comfortable couches in the living area and bedroom, and a luxurious bathroom with very hot water. The pool is cool enough to be refreshing, but not so cold as to take your breath away. Just as Goldilocks would have liked it. The area is complimented by wicker sunbeds, a change from those heavy, hard wooden-slatted affairs that are the norm…. easy to move in or out of the sun.
But it’s the little things that can make the difference. For example, the high ceiling fans don’t really cut it, so my wife requested a pedestal fan. This was delivered promptly and cheerfully by the ever-obliging young man who handled our check-in and escorted us to our villa. (I don’t want to single out any staff here; all were terrific, and yes, they will all greet you by name from Day One.)
What could have been a nightmare turned into an affirmation of what is good about Bali: We had caught a taxi back to the Wolas after dinner, and I handed my smartphone to the driver so he could find the place easily using the maps app. Not long after we were back in the villa, I realised I had left the phone in the cab. We tried repeatedly to call it, but it had been switched off. I was devastated! A phone these days is also a library, juke box, weather vane, encyclopaedia, bank manager…
We tried calling it, but it was switched off. This made it appear to me the cab driver had no intention of returning it. With a sinking feeling and a fair bit of malice in my heart, we went to reception to make the necessary report. I was quite distressed, but the staff said they would see what they could do to retrieve it. Yet I wasn’t confident as we returned to the room.
Now, here’s the good bit: Ten minuted later reception called to say they had contacted the taxi company, who in turn had contacted the driver. They confirmed he would return the phone after he had dropped a passenger at Denpasar. What I didn’t know is the hotel security records the number of EVERY taxi that comes and goes from the Wolas. Is this is common practise in Bali? I doubt CCTV would achieve the same result. Anyway, my phone was back in my hands about an hour later.
Too tired to go out one night for dinner, we opted for room service. Again, expectations were exceeded. The pizza was really good, and the seafood was cooked perfectly. Some hotels offer 24 hour room service, and sometimes it can take even longer! Any service we requested at the Wolas was always delivered promptly.
We noted other reviewers concern about mosquitos. We took precautions (repellent and the supplied coils), and were never bothered. Please be very careful after rain, the tiled floor is slippery.
The WiFi was reasonably quick; iPad, iPhone and Android devices connected easily, but I had to tweak my Windows 7 laptop settings before it would behave. These things are a must-have, as TripAdvisor is such a useful resource when choosing restaurants, attractions and so on.
Overall, Wolas Villas is a well-run operation. The staff deserves a lot of credit, the facilities are outstanding, and the position affords peace and quiet away from the hustle of downtown Seminyak. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We asked for sun over the pool and got it all day. Villas 14 to 16 are oriented so the north facing...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Warmest Greetings from The Wolas Villa @ Spa . Seminyak

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment in regards to your experience of staying with us through tripadvisor.com.

What could be more exciting to hear that our valuable guest’s holiday trip to Bali was an amazing one, after all it has always been the mission & core values of The Wolas Villa and Spa, to serve our guests at our best and exceed their expectations.

We would like to thank you for the compliment upon our service and product and also for the kind words bestowed upon our team. I have shared your constructive feedback to our associates and we are enormously grateful.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa and hope that you will return to our Villas to enjoy another wonderful experience with us.

With best regards,
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Well the Wolas will always hold special memories for me, as this is where my partner proposed, but the villa and all the staff were amazing! Great pool and living area and huge bathroom. My only recommendation would be to include more vegetarian options on the menu. At the time, there was only nasi goreng and when my partner asked if they could offer anything else, they said no. It was tasty but a couple more options would have been great.( That's me being fussy though)

Thank you for a great stay, we would recommend The Wolas to anyone who wants a bit of luxury in Bali.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Gust,
Warmers greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak

Thank you for your valuable feedback and taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in our resort and that we contributed in some small way in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

I have noted your comment in regards to the more Vegetarion options on the Menu . I have personally discussed with our Department Head concerned and accordingly we will follow this up. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your comments that we are able to maintain and further improve on our service standards.

In closing I would like to thank you again for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak.. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our villa on your next visit to this paradise island.

With best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

First & foremost, thank you Wolas, for having us with it's hands open, grates!! This is the first for us in Bali, and most importantly The Wolas, didn't fail us right from the beginning till the moment we departed. Be it the hospitality, staffs competency, room service, spa centre or restaurant, none of these given us any kinda second thoughts. Having travelled to few countries before, Wolas has now set a benchmark for future plans, haute living experience I must say! The villa was in superb condition, with it's crib area & pool plus the room interior, was all fine, better than fine actually.Having competent staffs are as important as it's hospitality, class act, in particular, Surya & Mustika from restaurant, treated us very well, till the last day stay, thanks. And worth a mention, the food was brilliant as well, room services & spa, we really enjoyed it..I've been trying to equate a word to Wolas, hmmm, gotcha!! Majestic!!

Warmest greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak, Bali

Operation Manager

Been to The Wolas Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!