“When can we return?” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 338 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Adelaide, Australia
“When can we return?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We’ve stayed at a few pool villa resorts around SE Asia, and we have found Wolas to be the best. The Villas are exceptionally spacious; the on-line photos don’t do it justice! There’s plenty of timber decking around the pool, enormous comfortable couches in the living area and bedroom, and a luxurious bathroom with very hot water. The pool is cool enough to be refreshing, but not so cold as to take your breath away. Just as Goldilocks would have liked it. The area is complimented by wicker sunbeds, a change from those heavy, hard wooden-slatted affairs that are the norm…. easy to move in or out of the sun.
But it’s the little things that can make the difference. For example, the high ceiling fans don’t really cut it, so my wife requested a pedestal fan. This was delivered promptly and cheerfully by the ever-obliging young man who handled our check-in and escorted us to our villa. (I don’t want to single out any staff here; all were terrific, and yes, they will all greet you by name from Day One.)
What could have been a nightmare turned into an affirmation of what is good about Bali: We had caught a taxi back to the Wolas after dinner, and I handed my smartphone to the driver so he could find the place easily using the maps app. Not long after we were back in the villa, I realised I had left the phone in the cab. We tried repeatedly to call it, but it had been switched off. I was devastated! A phone these days is also a library, juke box, weather vane, encyclopaedia, bank manager…
We tried calling it, but it was switched off. This made it appear to me the cab driver had no intention of returning it. With a sinking feeling and a fair bit of malice in my heart, we went to reception to make the necessary report. I was quite distressed, but the staff said they would see what they could do to retrieve it. Yet I wasn’t confident as we returned to the room.
Now, here’s the good bit: Ten minuted later reception called to say they had contacted the taxi company, who in turn had contacted the driver. They confirmed he would return the phone after he had dropped a passenger at Denpasar. What I didn’t know is the hotel security records the number of EVERY taxi that comes and goes from the Wolas. Is this is common practise in Bali? I doubt CCTV would achieve the same result. Anyway, my phone was back in my hands about an hour later.
Too tired to go out one night for dinner, we opted for room service. Again, expectations were exceeded. The pizza was really good, and the seafood was cooked perfectly. Some hotels offer 24 hour room service, and sometimes it can take even longer! Any service we requested at the Wolas was always delivered promptly.
We noted other reviewers concern about mosquitos. We took precautions (repellent and the supplied coils), and were never bothered. Please be very careful after rain, the tiled floor is slippery.
The WiFi was reasonably quick; iPad, iPhone and Android devices connected easily, but I had to tweak my Windows 7 laptop settings before it would behave. These things are a must-have, as TripAdvisor is such a useful resource when choosing restaurants, attractions and so on.
Overall, Wolas Villas is a well-run operation. The staff deserves a lot of credit, the facilities are outstanding, and the position affords peace and quiet away from the hustle of downtown Seminyak. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We asked for sun over the pool and got it all day. Villas 14 to 16 are oriented so the north facing...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Warmest Greetings from The Wolas Villa @ Spa . Seminyak

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment in regards to your experience of staying with us through tripadvisor.com.

What could be more exciting to hear that our valuable guest’s holiday trip to Bali was an amazing one, after all it has always been the mission & core values of The Wolas Villa and Spa, to serve our guests at our best and exceed their expectations.

We would like to thank you for the compliment upon our service and product and also for the kind words bestowed upon our team. I have shared your constructive feedback to our associates and we are enormously grateful.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa and hope that you will return to our Villas to enjoy another wonderful experience with us.

With best regards,
Operation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Well the Wolas will always hold special memories for me, as this is where my partner proposed, but the villa and all the staff were amazing! Great pool and living area and huge bathroom. My only recommendation would be to include more vegetarian options on the menu. At the time, there was only nasi goreng and when my partner asked if they could offer anything else, they said no. It was tasty but a couple more options would have been great.( That's me being fussy though)

Thank you for a great stay, we would recommend The Wolas to anyone who wants a bit of luxury in Bali.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Gust,
Warmers greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak

Thank you for your valuable feedback and taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in our resort and that we contributed in some small way in making your stay a pleasant and memorable one.

I have noted your comment in regards to the more Vegetarion options on the Menu . I have personally discussed with our Department Head concerned and accordingly we will follow this up. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your comments that we are able to maintain and further improve on our service standards.

In closing I would like to thank you again for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak.. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our villa on your next visit to this paradise island.

With best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

First & foremost, thank you Wolas, for having us with it's hands open, grates!! This is the first for us in Bali, and most importantly The Wolas, didn't fail us right from the beginning till the moment we departed. Be it the hospitality, staffs competency, room service, spa centre or restaurant, none of these given us any kinda second thoughts. Having travelled to few countries before, Wolas has now set a benchmark for future plans, haute living experience I must say! The villa was in superb condition, with it's crib area & pool plus the room interior, was all fine, better than fine actually.Having competent staffs are as important as it's hospitality, class act, in particular, Surya & Mustika from restaurant, treated us very well, till the last day stay, thanks. And worth a mention, the food was brilliant as well, room services & spa, we really enjoyed it..I've been trying to equate a word to Wolas, hmmm, gotcha!! Majestic!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Warmest greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak, Bali
Thank you for the time taken to sharing your experience while staying at The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali
I’m so happy to know that overall you are happy and satisfied with our product and services, I will gladly share it with all of our team, it will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and hope your next visit with us will be as great as the previous one.

Best personal regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been going to The Wolas Villas regularly since it opened about 3 years ago and have never been minutely disappointed with the service, the staff, the accommodation and the food. We organise for The Wolas to be pick us up from the airport and when we arrive we are welcomed back by the same familiar friendly faces. The staff at the front office are very attentive and will go out of there way to make your stay a memorable one(nothing is to much of an effort). Our stay usually comprises of lounging around the villa most days. I couldn't think of a better place to be in Bali. Thanks again to all the staff at the Wolas, and a special thanks to the Manager Made Suparta who works tirelessly, but will always find time for his guests.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warmest greeting from The Wolas Villa and Spa..

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to share your recent experience with us here at The Wolas Villa and spa on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your repeat stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered by my team of warm and friendly balinese staff. . We do hope that with all the experiences you had with us will bring you back to The Wolas villa in the near future on your next visit to this Paradise Island.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Wolas Villa & Spa, Bali in the near future.

With best regards
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in Wolas a couple of months back. The staff was helpful, food was OK. The villas are really beautiful. The only downside was there were a ton of mosquitoes, they did provide repellents and lotions to ward them off. What really got me loving this place is that they went out of their way to surprise my wife with a cake for her birthday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, January 3, 2013

Greetings from The wolas Villa and Spa,

Thank you for sparing time to post valuable feedback regards of your experience with us at TripAdvisor.com

We are very delighted to hear that your holiday was perfect and pleasant the time during your recent stay at The wolas villa and Spa , It is really motivating us to maintain and improve our service to our valuable guests.

We look forward to seeing you again for another exceptional and indigenous experience at The wolas villa and spa in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was our second time at the Wolas - it was great to be back - a real home from home. Yet again the staff were excellent - very attentive, friendly, always willing to help - it was a a pleasure to be looked after in "grand" style. Our villa was first class - great pool which was cleaned regularily - plenty of space around the pool. We know the accomodation is great from our last visit -very roomy , open and clean - but we would comment that the villa was in need of some attention - just here and there - for example, damaged tiles in the bathroom area, weathered varnish around bedroom doors - so maybe just in need of a little tlc. However we will be back - we always took breakfast in the restuarant area - it was a joy to go there and be met with happy faces every morning - Leo was great again as was the "trainee" Feburae. Spa treatments were excellent as was our in villa BBQ. Thanks again to all the Wolas staff for lookng after us so well - we will be back.

Robert and Sarah

PS with all the roadworks around the "airport" road plan on 1 1/2 hours to get there from Wolas !

clean and kept in good condition. Pick up from the airport was flawless.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com

We are very delighted to hear that entire your recent experiences during stay second time with us were memorable time and meet your expectation.

Thank you for the kind words and lavish praised you bestowed upon Mustika our waiter. I have shared your feedback to our associates and management level.
Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your feedback and comments that we are able to maintain on our product and service standard.

Finally, I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again to The Wolas Villa and Spa on your next visit to Bali, Island of The God.

Sincerely yours,
IMade Suparta
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We arrived night time and there was a crowd of other travelers at the reception - nevertheless we were warmly welcomed with nice greetings from the staffs and fresh drinks.
As we were hungry and the restaurant was already closed for dinner the staff went out of their way to get us some food online and delivered not too long after.
When we first stepped into our villa we fell in love straightaway. We've been reading excellent reviews about The Wolas but seeing it through our own eyes...
We slept very well most of the 7 nights we stayed the bed was really comfortable to sleep in.
Woke up every morning to bird chirping and rooster calling outside, with the view of the pool.
Bathroom is huge and both inside and outside shower has its own appeal.
The vanity area is massive - though I'd suggest the hotel management consider getting it equipped with makeup mirror with light - as I had trouble putting on makeup with the existing lighting.
The pool is the highlight of our stay - It's not just a plunge pool as it's quite wide and deep (1.6m I suppose). The fact that we can swim our heart out - day and night - after a long hot day outside - and just order dessert from the restaurant while swimming - it was heavenly.
We had breakfast from the hotel every morning - the French Toast is to die for. We also prefer eating dinner here as the food is nicer than what we could get from outside.
Location wise - we have no trouble getting here and there at all as we can hire driver for the whole day at a cheap price. We love the fact that The Wolas is located at a quiet street and it's peaceful there.
I have read a lot about how mosquitoes being a big problem here - so we came prepared. We took Vit B everyday without fail, put on mosquito cream, and lit the mosquito smoke repellent. However, we still ended up being bitten quite a lot when we went away from the repellent smoke. I suggest the hotel management to try and do scheduled proper fogging.
Spa was beautiful.
The staff were all very friendly - but we remember only one of them FEBRI.
All in all I would highly recommend this villa for a long stay - because if your staying for a shortwhile you might not wanna leave!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 16 very quiet and clean and comfortable and everything is working.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Wolas Villa and Spa.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your repeat stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered by my team of warm and friendly Balinese staff.
We have note your points in regard mosquito and please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken by our Departments concerns, to handle and we will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction.
at The Wolas Villa and Spa , we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Wolas Villa and Spa in the near future

Best personal regards