We’ve stayed at a few pool villa resorts around SE Asia, and we have found Wolas to be the best. The Villas are exceptionally spacious; the on-line photos don’t do it justice! There’s plenty of timber decking around the pool, enormous comfortable couches in the living area and bedroom, and a luxurious bathroom with very hot water. The pool is cool enough to be refreshing, but not so cold as to take your breath away. Just as Goldilocks would have liked it. The area is complimented by wicker sunbeds, a change from those heavy, hard wooden-slatted affairs that are the norm…. easy to move in or out of the sun.
But it’s the little things that can make the difference. For example, the high ceiling fans don’t really cut it, so my wife requested a pedestal fan. This was delivered promptly and cheerfully by the ever-obliging young man who handled our check-in and escorted us to our villa. (I don’t want to single out any staff here; all were terrific, and yes, they will all greet you by name from Day One.)
What could have been a nightmare turned into an affirmation of what is good about Bali: We had caught a taxi back to the Wolas after dinner, and I handed my smartphone to the driver so he could find the place easily using the maps app. Not long after we were back in the villa, I realised I had left the phone in the cab. We tried repeatedly to call it, but it had been switched off. I was devastated! A phone these days is also a library, juke box, weather vane, encyclopaedia, bank manager…
We tried calling it, but it was switched off. This made it appear to me the cab driver had no intention of returning it. With a sinking feeling and a fair bit of malice in my heart, we went to reception to make the necessary report. I was quite distressed, but the staff said they would see what they could do to retrieve it. Yet I wasn’t confident as we returned to the room.
Now, here’s the good bit: Ten minuted later reception called to say they had contacted the taxi company, who in turn had contacted the driver. They confirmed he would return the phone after he had dropped a passenger at Denpasar. What I didn’t know is the hotel security records the number of EVERY taxi that comes and goes from the Wolas. Is this is common practise in Bali? I doubt CCTV would achieve the same result. Anyway, my phone was back in my hands about an hour later.
Too tired to go out one night for dinner, we opted for room service. Again, expectations were exceeded. The pizza was really good, and the seafood was cooked perfectly. Some hotels offer 24 hour room service, and sometimes it can take even longer! Any service we requested at the Wolas was always delivered promptly.
We noted other reviewers concern about mosquitos. We took precautions (repellent and the supplied coils), and were never bothered. Please be very careful after rain, the tiled floor is slippery.
The WiFi was reasonably quick; iPad, iPhone and Android devices connected easily, but I had to tweak my Windows 7 laptop settings before it would behave. These things are a must-have, as TripAdvisor is such a useful resource when choosing restaurants, attractions and so on.
Overall, Wolas Villas is a well-run operation. The staff deserves a lot of credit, the facilities are outstanding, and the position affords peace and quiet away from the hustle of downtown Seminyak. We look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Haven of Timeless EquanimityOffering superb ambience and peacefulness, The Wolas Villas & Spa stands amidst the dazzling Seminyak tourist resort, premier shopping destinations and entertainment venues. Designed in minimalist modern and private luxury resort, it reflects the style and elegance of Balinese culture. This emanates from the glamorous entrance gate inspired by ancient temple and Balinese miniscule garden marked with frangipani and other verdant shrubs. Here is the haven of equanimity in Bali. Hence, look no further.Simply for your convenience, the villas have been equipped with supporting facilities like fine restaurant, spa and spacious parking lot.Besides, our villas are indeed perched at a strategic location. It is only 15-minute drive from the airport and less than 30-minute drive to destinations like Denpasar City, Golf Course and Sanur tourist resort. Even, the legendary paradise of sand at Kuta Beach is only 10-minute drive.The frenzy of Seminyak means nothing to us. As soon as walking into The Wolas Villas & Spa, it has been conjured up into tranquility without doubt. Our villa compounds are appropriate with travelers enjoying vacation in couple or with family. In harmony with these needs, we have provided you with 16 one-bedroom villas and 2 two-bedroom villas. Each villa is designed in stylish interior and equipped with first-rate quality furnishings. Meanwhile, its standard feature embraces a private swimming pool, kitchen, dining area and living area. Other facilities equipping them consist of 42-inch plasma TV, cable TV channel, in-house entertainment, and WIFI Internet access.Indeed, we offer you a true hospitality since you first make a reservation until you say goodbye. So, enjoy our Balinese affability in daily interaction, spacious walkway with rich greenery environment to villa, and genuinely homey living. In short, it is entirely dedicated for shrewd travelers wishing to immerse themselves in a splendid resort experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Wolas Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wolas Villas And Spa
- The Wolas Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Wolas Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak