This is my 4th trip to Bali and over the years I've stayed in villas, hotels, 3 stars and 5 stars. Akasha was pretty disappointing.
First of all, I thought we got a pretty good deal on Agoda, we sent an email to reconfirm only to find out the 3 bedroom villa was actually a residence and had no pool and there was NO pool on the property. We had to cough up 250USD per night to upgrade to the 3 bedroom villa. I felt pretty conned because there was no mention of residence nor any photos of the residence on Agoda when we made the booking. So please beware.
The Akasha Residence
- free cookies
- the AC in one of rooms was not working and they took hours to fix it... we were stuck because they left our main door wide open and we didn't feel safe just dropping everything and heading out. After 3 hours, we gave up and told them to please keep our things safe and they offered us a free breakfast for the trouble. We got back the beach and they still weren't done. Finally, after dinner everything was done but they didn't really clean up the mess they left behind. We moved the kids into master room with us because the smaller bedroom was soooo noisy with bikes and construction noise nearby.
The next day we move into the villa and my Mom who was traveling with us proclaimed it SWANKY. And it was. It's huge, lovely, beautiful BUT VERY VERY FLAWED. They just didn't maintain it. We were in Villa #8, perhaps we were unlucky but sigh...
- the floors!!! In the master bed room this was a huge issue. The floors were warped, I love wood floors, I'm not sure how bad this quality was or if it was really thin wood on top of plastic but there were waves and dips and slopes! All the other rooms have warped floor but not as bad as the master.
- My kids took a bubble bath and it was filled up to only a foot of water (thankfully) and then they had their nap, I came back in and the toilet was flooded, urgh. I didn't dare take a bubble bath after
- TV only had good reception in the living room
- floor boards around the pool popped up
- Pool wasn't clean
- the rain showers were a joke, water spitting out from the sides
- the outdoor showers in the 2 other bedrooms you had to reach the shower area only after you walked on pebbles (a simple tile would have solved that issue)
- there are this huge rusted metal sheets over the wall that really made the whole pretty villa, not so pretty, they could have use bamboo for additional privacy not metal sheets!
- privacy was an issue. There are doorways and doors which lead to the kitchen and the pool and you have to remember to lock your bedroom doors when you go out and when you sleep. I've never stayed in a villa like this.
- mosquitoes - bring your own mosquito coils. Yes, they provide OFF and they spray your room during turn-down service but they do not provide or light the coils like most places in Bali.
- the noisy AC units outside, argh....
- The kitchen was awesome, as was the living area and dining room
- The staff really did try
- It is in a great location, I just wish the walking to the shops and to the beach had some sort of safe pathway (which I'm sure would be filled with bikes so what's the point).
- it is so beautiful and huge just not kept well at all
I know I'll never stay here again, I don't think it's worth the money we paid which is such a pity because it could have been awesome but turned out just disappointing.
It's close to the beach and lotsa of massage places, cafes.
Oh and on the massage front. They don't have a spa, they get the nearby small massage shops to send someone over. The massage was okay but they didn't clean up after so there were pandan leaves and ginger in the bathtub. It was our last night and we didn't use that room so it didn't bother us but a bit strange. It cost us 35 over USD per pax but if you don't mind walking 2 mins it's 120,000 onwards so no more than 15 USD.
The breakfast was pretty decent, they cook and put it on the table and call one of the rooms when they are done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Akasha Luxury Private Villas is a 5 minutes walk from Batu Belig Beach and restaurants. Villa is designed in a modern Balinese style, villas come with a private pool, complete kitchen, 24-hour butler services.The Akasha Luxury Private Villas is within a 5-minute drive from the entertainment district in Seminyak, fine dining and a 15-minute drive from Kuta and Denpasar. Ngurah Rai International Airport is a 20-minute car ride away.Villas come with a separate living room with a home theater system, while barbecue can be enjoyed at the sun terrace. In-room spa treatments can be arranged. Spacious bathrooms feature a bathtub and outdoor showers. Toys for children are available.The resort's tour desk assists in sightseeing arrangements and water sports activities by the beach. Yoga lessons are also available on request. Bicycles are available for rent for a leisurely cycle in the surroundings.Guests can enjoy the convenience of room service, which offers a local Indonesian or Western menu. Selection of Villas are available start from One Bedroom Villa, Two Bedroom Villa, Three Bedroom and Four Bedrooms Villa. All villas feature a private swimming pool with 10.5 X 4 meters size, outdoor shower, grand bathroom, open kitchen, dining and living area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Priceline so you can book your The Akasha Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Akasha Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Akasha Villas Bali/Seminyak