“Great take out” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Perth, Australia
“Great take out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

On a rainy (heavy rain) night I decided that take out was better than getting wet. Using the Hallo takeout service, I chose to eat from here. Each menu item is numbered making it easy to order. I advised where I was staying and waited in anticipation.

Approx half hour later my meal arrived. This was so quick.
The delivery guy was decked out in his raincoat as it was still raining.
The food was packaged in stirophome containers with aluminium foil.
I paid (cash). The price is higher than if you went to the store but for the ease of service, I expected to pay a premium.

The food was delicious and had travelled well. I had a selection of dim sum. The spring rolls were my favourite and are a must order.

For main, I had crab in chilli sauce and stir fried mixed vegetables. This was a great combination. The chilli sauce was spicy. My mouth had a nice tingle to it. So pleased I had some steamed rice to offset the spice. The crab was still in its shell so I had to do a bit of preparation work to get the meat out.

Really keen to visit the restaurant now and would use the Hallo service again.

• Visited November 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“It does not get much better than this.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This restaurant is absolutely one of my very favourite. The atmosphere is warm and cozy, the decoration is very Balinese/antique and makes you feel you are truly in Bali. Every other Friday they have a band with soft music playing in the background which makes this place the perfect hang out location in the Seminyak area to have some fantastic food, drinks.

The food in this restaurant is even better than the incredible decoration, I went there for three days in a row and ordered several dishes. Frankly, it is difficult to say which one is better because all were excellent in taste. If you go to Bale Bali, please make sure you order their famous "Sambal Mata" with your food. This store made spicy sauce is the best I have tried.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane
“This is our fav in Seminyak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We've been to Seminyak three times and visit this restaurant at least twice per visit. The setting is great, and the food delicious. We particularly enjoy the pork ribs and sates. It's low key, nothing flash, but upmarket from your basic warung. We love having a cold bintang and enjoying the delicious food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
klagenfurt
“nice chinese-indonesian resto in seminyak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

if you want to try chinese-indonesian food for a fair price and nice setting you will not be disappointed, it´s a small but cozy little resto, offering also pork which you can´t get everywhere, even not in Bali, where the Hindus like to consume it...the background music is fine and so the service, I tried some different plates and was not disappointed, the duck dua rasa was very nice...comes with rice and sambal....I will come back next time...for sure

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Excellent Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I felt like a change from Indo cuisine this night & it turned out to be a mistake. My wife had the seafood platter which was the single best meal of our trip. Amazing! I had pork ribs which was ok at best.

• Visited September 2013