Chandra Bali Luxury Villas.
Set in the back streets of Seminyak, these villas are well insulated from the bustle of the thoroughfare. There are 3 bedroomed and 2 bedroomed villas. We stayed in a 2 bedroomed villa, number 7.
I was pleased to find that the villa itself compared well to the pictures on the web site. Quite often, one finds that the real life appearances of accommodation are a bit disappointing, but not this time. The pool/outdoor dining area is more than adequate in size, for a party of 4, and the high walls around the villa give complete privacy without screening out too much light or sun.
Friendly staff cook your breakfast to order, in your villa each morning, then clear up and service the pool and bedrooms. The pool is not heated, of course, and is a good place to cool down during the 30C humid heat you'll be experiencing each day.
Each villa has a mains water filter but the owners still advise you to take drinking water from the cooler located in the outdoor dining area of your villa.
Reception staff are friendly and good humoured, even if you manage to lock yourself out of your bedroom as I did!
The wifi worked well for me. There are 2 access points, providing good coverage to villa 7, at least, and I had approx 1Mbit of both upload and download bandwidth most of the time.
There is a chef who can cook evening meals for you at your villa, from a limited menu, for a little more than the cost of dining out. This can make for a very romantic evening.
The accommodation is about 5 minutes walk from the beach. Bali is a volcanic island and the sand may be a bit darker than you're used to.
There are plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance. However, I'd advise you to take a taxi if you don't like being accosted by street traders. It's also often easier to take a taxi than cross the road! The taxis are very inexpensive: USD 2.50 should get you anywhere in Seminyak, and an empty taxi will pass you every 30 seconds most hours of the day.
Trying to find a downside. Well, this is a big ask! If you don't like staff coming to feed you and service your pool and apartment each day, then this may not be for you. However, let me tell you that it's very easy to become accustomed to the lifestyle of the rich and famous, which is what you'll experience here, at a very good price, in my opinion!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Villas in Seminyak. Situated in the Oberoi area of Seminyak, north of Legian, our two and three-bedroom villas represent the very best in luxury holiday accommodation. You’ll enjoy the independence of your own exquisitely decorated home and the easy-living convenience of maid service, with chef on demand. Relax by your private pool or stroll to any of the local beaches – Seminyak, Petitenget, Gado-Gado or Kudeta.If you’ve been yearning for a Bali villa holiday, Chandra will bring your dream to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Chandra Luxury Villas Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chandra Luxury Villas Bali - By 8 Hotel Seminyak
- Chandra Luxury Villas Bali Seminyak