“Chandra = Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chandra Luxury Villas Bali

Save Saved
You added Chandra Luxury Villas Bali to your Saves list
Chandra Luxury Villas Bali
4.5 of 5 Villa   |   Jalan Sari Temuku (Gang Sandat), Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #25 of 295 Specialty lodging in Seminyak
Mackay, Australia
“Chandra = Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We recently stayed in a 3 bedroom villa with 2 other couples. The complex was amazing close to everything and the service you could not fault.
Breakfast prepared BY Putu our butler was fabulous everyday. We stayed 5 nights I wish it could have been forever.
Could not recommend Chandra more highly for those wanting a luxurious holiday experience still close to everything.
Will definately be back.
THANKS CHANDRA

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Port Macquarie, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This was our third visit to Seminyak each time in different pool villas so I had a good idea of what we should have been supplied for the cost and unfortunatly they didnt deliver. Was expecting alot better standard of fit out, it was very tired, sparse and basic no wow factor or extra attention to detail. Reception staff not very friendly or obliging and the courtesy car was non existent. They won't pick u up from any venues and no guarantee they will even take u to nearby restaurants. We hired taxis majority of time which was always a delay and split journey because we r a family of 5 so needed 2 taxis. The villa staff were good and the breakfast was ok nothing too exciting though. The pool was nice and got plenty of sun. Room service was not good as they outsource to other restaurants so no luxury of getting a hot snack / cocktail delivered quickly. We won't use these villas again and I wouldn't call them luxury compared to other villas we have stayed at based on service, fit out and facilities.

• Stayed December 2011
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Hello Ms Moore,

Thank you for taking the time after your stay at Chandra Luxury Villas, part of 8Hotels, to write a review about your accommodation experience.

We corresponded back and forth a lot before your visit to Chandra and I'm surprised that you didn't contact me directly with your accommodation issues, especially since you checked out over 2 months ago. I would have tried my very best to make sure you were comfortable and confident that your decision to stay at Chandra was the right one. You also work in Public Relations & Tourism Marketing so you understand the direct effects of negative attention. Also, positive feedback should be included in order to give an accurate review.

I would like to address each one of your issues separately.

1. "This was our third visit to Seminyak each time in different pool villas so I had a good idea of what we should have been supplied for the cost and unfortunatly they didnt deliver. Was expecting alot better standard of fit out, it was very tired, sparse and basic no wow factor or extra attention to detail."

I just added 9 pictures of villa1 (the villa you stayed in) and also a labelled site plan to Chandra’s trip advisor page so enquiring guests can see the villa reserved for you during your stay.

Below is a list of inclusions you received with your nightly rate:

Maid, Butler, Pool Attendant, 24 hour security
Breakfast prepared daily in-villa
Arrival and departure airport transfers
Free shuttle around Seminyak
Welcome drink and chilled towel upon check in
Unlimited mineral water
Wireless internet throughout the complex
12m x 4m private swimming pool
Large garden
Living pavilion
Alfresco rock shower and free standing tub for each bedroom
fully equipped kitchen
Air- condition bedroom + fan

*You received additional inclusions from the package your purchased and the staff were happy to modify them to accommodate your family’s needs.

2. "Reception staff not very friendly or obliging and the courtesy car was non existent. They won't pick u up from any venues and no guarantee they will even take u to nearby restaurants."

As you can see from past trip advisor reviews, our service is complimented regularly. You were not clear on ways Chandra's Reception staff were not obliging but I assure you they have received appropriate 5 star training and are well aware that they create the barrier between the hustle and bustle of Seminyak lifestyle and Chandra's serine atmosphere.

I also want to point out that you received a complimentary pick up for you from Nusa Dua, a 3 hour trip for our driver and van. Chandra was at 100% occupancy during your visit, this is why we do not guarantee pickups from local venues because it would be literally impossible.

3. "Room service was not good as they outsource to other restaurants so no luxury of getting a hot snack / cocktail delivered quickly."

Some of the best features of Chandra is its fully equipped kitchen, Chef services and in-villa menu . If you order off the in-villa menu, a Chef will prepare everything in your villa and it will be made to your exact specifications (price on menu includes Chef service). We are also more than happy to arrange take out from a local restaurant of your choosing but due to the fact that it's not prepared by one of our staff, quality/preparation time is difficult to control.

4. ”We won't use these villas again and I wouldn't call them luxury compared to other villas we have stayed at based on service, fit out and facilities.”

In November 2011, one month before you checked in, Virgin Australia and their in-flight magazine, Voyeur ranked Chandra #1 on their list of “10 of the world’s finest new hotels/accommodation”. Everyone has their own point of view on what luxury means to them. I hope the opinions of Virgin Australia and past guests who wrote amazing reviews of Chandra are also taken into account by enquiring guests.

Please don't hesitate to contact myself or any of Chandra's management team if you have any questions.

Warm Regards,
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Beautiful complex, all villas are stunning. Really great location in Seminyak. Staff are amazing. Would not hesitate to recommend and would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My mom and I traveled to Bali mid-November, and found a great deal at Chandra Villas. I had read reviews, and thought I knew what to expect, but when I arrived, I was honestly blown away by the experience.

The staff were phenomenal. They helped us arrange outings to different parts of the island. They also were helpful with every single request we had. The villa was amazing, and unlike any I have stayed in. They were clean, well stocked, and fabulously designed.

If I'm ever back in Bali, this is the place where I would want to stay! I simply can't say enough great things.

Room Tip: There are less than 10 villas on the property.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My family stayed in this villa just before christmas and I was very impressed. The staff are helpfull and friendly. The Villa themselves are well mainitained and very quite considering how close you are to all the restaurants and shops. Seminyak is very noisy and busy but you did not notice any of this from the Villa. The rooms were cleaned every day and the staff would come in and cook breakfast for you every morning. I would stay here again as I found everything very enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Chandra was an absolute breath of fresh air after our previous villa accommodation elsewhere in Seminyak. It was wonderful to walk into an immaculate villa, escorted by the friendly, helpful staff there. The welcome note was a lovely personal touch. We stayed in Villa 6 - the pool was a great size and there is a small plunge pool attached on one side that is covered, so you can be in the water at any time of the day and still find a shaded area. Animals created from towels and left on the bed each morning were just one of the little things that added up to make this one of the most memorable stays I've had. Every presentation aspect was perfect. The food cooked in the villa was beautiful and fresh, and always more than we were able to eat. It is in close proximity to some good restaurants and bars (including the popular Kudeta) and also close to Seminyak beach (all within about 5-10min walking distance). Can't say enough about the staff who went out of the way to make sure we had everything we needed. This accommodation completely changed my mind about Bali as a holiday destination - was pure bliss and I would definitely return to Chandra.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

Quite, private, luxury villas with a wonderful Bali feel. There are 2& 3 bedroom villas available, each has its own private pool which is the perfect temperature, open living and kitchen area overlooks the pool, and is fully equipped should you wish to prepare your own meals, or alternatively as we did, have their chef come in each morning and night to prepare meals for you. The rooms are very spacious, very clean, well decorated and airconditioned. The bathroom is amazing, with indoor area converging into the outside bathroom, one room has the bath outside both have an outside shower. The only issue is the hot water system does not keep up, it will take 3-4 goes to fill the bath, leaving enough time in between for the hot water system to reheat before you can top up the next amount, and barely 2 people can get through having a warm shower. The Chandra villas are located in Seminyak and within walking distance of beach, shops and restaurants. There is a wide range of cuisines to choose from. Over all it was a fantastic experience.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Chandra Luxury Villas Bali? Share your experiences!