Our stay at Aria Exclusive villa was really fantastic.
A run down of positives:
1) Beautiful, quiet completely private villa - we stayed in villa NO. 8. It was clean, excellently maintained and with the baby the kitchenette facilities were indispensable.
2) The staff were fantastic from start to finish. They all knew the baby's name within 24 hours. They organised for us a birthday cake on her birthday and really went out of their way to fulfill any requests or needs we had.
3) The privacy - some reviewers have complained about needing to call for the room to be turned down. Thats what you are meant to do. We were told as soon as we checked in that we will not be disturbed during the day if we were in. Whenever we went out we dropped the key off at reception and when we got back the room was always immaculately clean including the swimming pool, baby's toys, baby's cot and the outside area. As we spent a large amount of our time in the villa making use of the private pool, we appreciated this way of operating rather than being woken up at 9am every morning for" the rounds".
5) The massage service. We booked a massage and they offered to do it in the room. It was two hours, on the outside space which was great after which the masseuse ran a "flower bath" in the bathroom
6) The bathroom deserves a mention. It's an outside one. Though the shower is not very strong the bath is enormous! I'm not normally a bath person but this stone ast bath was large enough for all three of us to get in with space for another 5 kids if we wanted to! Really unique feature of the Villa.
7) The shuttle service - always available to take us to the beach or Seminyak square etc.
8) The attention to guests - we received an e-mail from the Manager, Marcel, prior to arrival and were offered the express visa on arrival service ( TAKE IT!!) whilst other people we knew stood in the airport for over an hour on arrival - we were already in the hotel. Marcel was in touch with us quite a bit prior to arrival with regard to what we would need for the baby and to help us organise a driver for the day to Ubud. He was really great and it was wonderful to have all the stress taken out of the trip.
A few points for improvement:
1) Road leading to hotel is a little rough - yes. However as you spend a whole 30s on it this does not even really deserve a mention. It is only applicable if you take a car out of the hotel. if you walk for 3 mins from the back way you can catch a Taxi at the end of the well paved road. Taxi will also drop you off at the back door, which is smooth sailing, if you instruct them to.
2) Breakfast though fresh and hot was a little lacking in imagination and variety. Last two days we treated ourselves to the breakfast buffet at one of the big beach hotels
3) The shower is not very strong - small thing but I like strong showers
Overall the above points do not detract enough to lower the overall rating of this place. Having stayed in quite a few 5 star hotels across Asia and Europe including the Banyan tree group - this villa hotel far exceeded them.
Thank you all for a great stay - we will recommend you to our colleagues and friends in Singapore or the UK.