“A slice of a dream” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Amala

Save Saved
You added The Amala to your Saves list
The Amala
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kunti 108 | Seminyak, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
SUPER PROMO 50% DISC
Ranked #19 of 91 hotels in Seminyak
Copenhagen, Denmark
“A slice of a dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I highly recommend the Amala to anyone travelling to this area. If you are looking for a peaceful place of beauty, healthy food and superb service, this is what you are looking for.

After a long journey from Brussels, we landed in Denpasar in the early Friday night. In the arrival hall we immediately spotted our driver from the Amala (for privacy reasons, the Amala does not put your name on the sign, but merely that of the hotel, which is very nice). When he installed us in the car, he offered us cold, moist towels to refresh ourselves along with iced jasmin tea and water. Then he drove us patiently through the busy Seminyak traffic to soft, Balinese music. We immediately relaxed.

Upon our arrival at the hotel, we were quickly received by Aditha (apologies for any misspelling) who kindly gave us a fulfilling introduction to the hotel and even provided us with some local currency to buy some special items not available at the hotel. Just a couple of minutes after our arrival, we felt so welcomed and well-treated, like we had arrived in our fantasy of what an oasis like the Amala in bustling Seminyak would be.

The Amala provides very high standard accommodation, some of the best service I have ever experienced and an atmosphere of a sweet dream. This hotel is well located - close to busy, exciting Seminyak, but 10 minutes walk away which ensures peace and quiet. some of the bonuses about the Amala is the great breakfast and healthy food options - plus their juices are fantastic! I also highly recommend the Amala's spa - the surroundings are modest, but very stylish and clean and the treatments very amongst the very best we had in Bali. Again, the Amala has that little extra something: after the massage our therapists gently told us to relax a little and take our time, which was the perfect finish.

Next time we are in Bali or in the area, we will make a detour to stay at the Amala.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Ida N,
Once again thank you so much for staying with us and we are so happy so read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As well thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review on Trip Advisor and to share it with the Trip Advisor community. Thank you for pointing out what you have enjoyed the most and I am glad our service and team could impress you and meet your high expectations.
To read that you would take a detour to stay at the Amala at your future visit, means a lot to us – what an amazing compliment – thank you so much!
It would be our utmost pleasure to welcome you back to the Amala Do not hesitate to contact us directly anytime, we would be very happy to apply the repeater booking benefits for your next stay with us.
Have a great weekend and sunny greetings from Bali

297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I chose to stay at this Villa based on the reviews we read. I'm so happy we did, as our stay was more than we could have imagined. From the moment we stepped off the plane, we had our friendly butler drive us to the hotel where we were greated with the friendliest of staff. We were lucky enough to stay in a one bedroom villa and we were simply WOW'd. I'm a sun bunny at heart and unfortunately the only thing I would say that I didn't enjoy was that the high walls limit the amount of sun light you get in your villa. Saying that, it forced me to go down to the local beach and enjoy the local delights of Bali. We'll definately be back and I can't wait to head back. Thank you Amala!

Dear Lauren D,
Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor, I am sure a lot of people will find you review very helpful. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great time in Bali.
We truly hope to welcome you back soon again to our little retreat in the heart of Seminyak.
Once again thank you for staying with us and have a great weekend ahead.
Sunny greetings
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We recently stayed here for 4 nights from the 20/5/14 to 24/5/14. I have nothing but positive things to say about The Amala Seminyak! From the moment we booked online to the moment we left, everything was very organised and nothing fell short of my expectations. I initially hesitated about booking the studio room instead of the villa, as that was the only room left, but we were very surprised with how spacious and how clean/neat the room was. We were picked up at Denpasar Airport on arrival (we were delayed by 2 hours and were still greeted with a friendly smile from our driver Robi). We had breakfast every day at the restaurant which was also fantastic. The menu is made to order and there are plenty of options. Our butler also arranged all of our bookings for tours and restaurants which really helped. Overall, I would highly recommend a stay here if you are to visit Bali. I would also like to extend my gratitude towards Putra who was one of the staff. He was exceptional! He was kind, helpful and extremely respectful. Thank you!

Dear April-My-Thoa-Nguyen,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, your feedback is very important to us and helps us to improve. I am so happy that you have enjoyed your stay and that our team could add the additional touch to make your stay memorable. Putra & Robi were very excited to see their names mentioned on Trip Advisor and both of them are sending their regards to you. We truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Amala soon again. Wishing you a great weekend ahead. Once again thank you for staying with us.
Sunny greetings from the Island of Gods
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed in both studio and villa. Studio room is a little small and you get to shower in the open (of course in your private compound). Lighting can be a scarcity at the open air WC and shower. It relies on the lighting from the room and can be challenging especially for non-couple. The perk of this room is that you will receive an hour of spa from the hotel (total two hours for two persons). However, the aircon in the room is rather weak as it takes a long time to cool the room. Also, the water pressure in studio is really weak, taking a shower can be rather frustrating.

I would strongly recommend the Villa if budget is not an issue. Really enjoyed the environment and attentive 24hrs butler service.

Room Tip: Corner villas are larger.
Dear Yong Y,
Thank you very much for taking the time and posting your feedback on Trip Advisor, as well thank you for sharing with us what could be improved and what you have liked the best during your stay. Some of the things mentioned can be easily adjusted and fixed and we will follow up accordingly.
Our Spa Studios are indeed our smallest category but indeed the Spa treatments included are a great addition. I am happy to see that you have enjoyed the villa experience and that you had an excellent stay with us.
We truly hope to welcome you back to the Amala in the near future. With sunny greetings from Bali
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were a group of 5 girls, and stayed for our final night of our trip at the private Amala Residence villa on site - the staff were all really helpful, and the spa facilities were excellent - especially the two ladies who gave us our massages!

We had our own butler who showed us around, brought our lunch, dinner and breakfast too us, all of which were delicious, and the facilities in the Amala Residence were fantastic!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear travellergirl1989,
Thank you very much for staying with us and letting us be part of your girl’s getaway holiday. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with. The Amala Spa is indeed a total bliss and I am glad you found some time in between shopping :) to experience the relaxing massages.
As well thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor, I truly hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back the The Amala.
Sunny greetings from the Island and have a great weekend
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Hi There,

Travelling for a living, constantly using trip advisor to see where to stay, I figured it is my turn to provide feedback following a trip.

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Amala May 9th-12th. After reading fabulous reviews about the property on this site, we were excited for our stay. We were eager to stay in Seminyak the first few nights after long flights over from Canada (closer to the airport).

Upon arrival, transportation with the hotel name was waiting at arrivals. This, even with our 10 hour delay from flights. 20 minutes later we arrived at The Amala and were welcomed like family. With the small number of Villas, they knew our names as soon as we stepped out of the vehicle. They knew about our travel delays, my girlfriends birthday, it was very impressive.

We had a plunge pool room which was perfect. Like having your own apartment in Bali. Hotel was very clean, very quiet, and great for couples. Breakfast had great variety (which we learned to appreciation staying at other properties following).

Location is walkable to restaurants and shops. About a 20 minute walk to the actual Seminyak Beach.

Thank you to the Amala for making our stay so warm and welcoming. Birthday cake, knowing us by name throughout the stay, the cleanliness, quietness, make me have no reason to not provide you a 5 star rating for delivering on everything it was you promised.

Adam and Justine

Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Adam & Justine,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, and giving us 5 stars. I am so happy that we could give you this great experience after your rather bad and long flight experience. Being a boutique place gives us the opportunity to really get to know our guests and make them part of our little Family and I am so happy that we could transmit that over to you.
Once again thank you for choosing Amala for your home away from home
Have a nice weekend and travel safe wherever you go
Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I booked my stay for 4 days and on the 1st day i decided that i need to move out of this room and i did leave the room second day, very poor hygiene, insects inside the room, lizard inside the room, lights are not working, no sealed ceiling or windows or main door, not a clean spa, poor room service (comes late and say no to important stuff like water and lights).
The hotel itself is in a very good location, walking area to shopping & restaurants. I gave my feedback to the hotel manager before i leave and hope they can do some maintenance and this hotel will be a great one.

Room Tip: Spa Villa room, also i checked the Pool villa and not good as well.
Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Ramy_Safwatm,
First of all let me say that I am very sorry that our Resort has not met your expectations and that you did not enjoy your stay with us.. Unfortunately, being on a tropical island brings its own challenges when it comes to insects and unfortunately cannot be avoided. You may be able to avoid such encounters with lizards and other insects if you book your stay in a totally enclosed hotel room, but in a semi open villa style with outdoor bathroom, which we provided for your stay, it will be very difficult to avoid the little buggers.
Unfortunately we did not get the chance to meet, since your check in was Saturday evening and you have checked out on Sunday, which was my day off. I would have very much appreciated to hear your feedback personally.
Its sad and disappointing that you felt the need to make such a negative comment on Trip Advisor, after all the help we offered to you and your wife. We tried our best to accommodate and be flexible with your situation and your wife’s fear of lizards, unfortunately we did not have the possibility of upgrading your stay to a pool villa, since all our units were fully booked, but we took appropriate measurements for your stay and were flexible with your non - refundable nights.
Should you have any further concerns, do not hesitate to contact me directly via madlen.ernest@theamala.com
Regards
Madlen

Been to The Amala? Share your experiences!