“Heaven” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Amala

You added The Amala to your Saves list
The Amala
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kunti 108 | Seminyak, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
4D3N PURE PAMPERING
Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Seminyak
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indonesia
“Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We went here in Oct 2011for our mini getaway
and we absolutely love this place. it's in the middle of seminyak so location wise it's fabulous, yet once you enter the premises, it's so tranquil and peaceful
we took the spa villa and we love the steam room !! we used it everyday for hours :) (we happen to be spa freaks!)
the only thing that was a bit of letdown was the jacuzzi pool as the jacuzzi didnt function well, but it was a minor issue.

everyone at the villa was so friendly and attentive. they took care every little details that we needed.
breakfast was good however we didint get to try their most recommended dishes (because we didnt know). If you go there, ask for their favorite breakfast menu. Heard it's really good!

overall this is the place i would definitely return to!! love it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

This is a great hideaway resort in Seminyak Bali. Very quiet and its tuck away in a little corner. My room was very private and came with a plunge pool and it had both an outdoor and indoor shower. The internet was free at this resort but where my room was located, the signal was not very good, hence I had to be at a particulater area of my room and only then I got any signal. To be honest, I should not have been reading my mails but chilling out and relaxing

The food was good at this resort, no large buffet breakfast but cooked to your order which was really nice. The reception staff was very helpful and I like the private attention of a small boutique hotel. My only problem I had was the walk to the shopping area, which was a bit away from the resort but then again, I was being spolit.

Do take note this resort is not near a beach and its very much a couples hideaway as there are no activities for kids. Although they have 2 bedroom suites which can accommodate familes.

My only little problem I had during my staff was the rooster from the neighbours backyard that crowed in the early morning, I really wanted to BBQ that rooster but then again I did not know which rooster. However, I still love this little great hideaway and I am looking forward to going back to this resort soon.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I had two nights at the Amala on my own to just chill out and relax. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is too difficult for the staff to do for you. The spa villa was stunning. The whole resort was like a peaceful heaven.

Please try the spa - even though it's more expensive than many of the other spas it is well worth it. My masseuse asked if I wouldn't mind an additional 15 minutes tagged onto my massage - wonderful!

The only negative that I have is the yoga studio is small and ridiculously over priced. 250k rupiah for a very average class. There were 5 people in the class and two were complete beginners and the teacher didn't explain or adjust as you would expect for that amount of money.

The food in the restaurant is excellent. The breakfasts are delicious - best I've had in my stay in Bali.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My boyfriend and i stayed at the Amala this October - our first trip to Bali, and my boyfriend's first trip overseas ever! From the very first contact with the Amala staff (an email enquiring about prices) right through to the very end of our holiday, the Amala & staff were just pure heaven. The hustle & bustle of the busy Bali streets can be exhausting by the end of the day, but staying in our private villa was so quiet and peaceful, and the staff are just so incredibly friendly, genuine and accomodating. I cannot say enough good things about The Amala & staff, honestly it was one of the best parts of our holiday in Bali! We would definately reccomend The Amala to anyone who was planning a trip to Bali - we have not stopped talking about the accomodation since we arrived home! :)

Room Tip: The Spa Villa was to die for!! Absolute heaven :)
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
sweetkiwi8
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Had an amazing time at The Amala with my boyfriend. the service was great and I love the open rooms, feels like you are sleeping out in the nature. The hotel is in the heart of Seminyak and is right across the street from bali Deli, a great place for snacks, sandwhiches, coffee and such. The price of the hotel was reasonable for your own private villa. will come back again and recommend friends

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I began our honeymoon in Bali and Lombok with 3 nights at The Amala. It was absolutely lovely. We stayed in a spa villa. The villa is half outdoors and and half indoors. It had an outdoor private plunge pool, vanity, sink, shower and bath. Inside was a heavenly canopy bed as well your bathroom, and all of the other room amenities one needs (TV, internet, etc. -- but we didn't touch any of that). The meals at The Amala were some of the best we had our entire trip. Fresh juices, Balinese coffee, fruit and banana pancakes to die for! If you stay here, you absolutely MUST get a massage. We had the most amazing couple's massage. It was so great that I'm afraid I will never get another massage that will be even close!

The staff could not be more attentive or respectful of your privacy. They are there when you need them, but leave you alone when you do not. It's a lovely oasis in the middle of a bustling oasis of shops, restaurants, clubs and about a 10-15 minute stroll to the beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

The Amala is like an oasis from the busy but awsome streets of Saminyak. The spa was just fantasic, the breakfast and all day food was devine and the whole experience was such a fabulous memory. The resort has a personalised boutique feel and once you enter your villa through the gorgous doors its like your own little comfortable paradise.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a plunge pool which was fine for us because we like to explore and visit di...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Amala? Share your experiences!