“OMG – Pool Villa is WOW WOW WOW” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak

You added W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak to your Saves list
W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Petitenget, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
SAVE UP TO 50%
Ranked #21 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“OMG – Pool Villa is WOW WOW WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We stayed in a luxurious 1 brm pool villa for 9 nights and what a heavenly escape it was.

The pool villa is very well equipped. The shampoo, conditioner, body wash all come in 120ml bottles so larger than most hotels. They provide, thongs, beach bag, sunscreen, mozzie repellent, about 8 small bottles of water per day and they even delivered a floatie (bed) for me to use in the pool. They supply nice fluffy big white bath sheets and normal size towels, there are plenty of towels supplied

The pool is actually bigger than I thought, it’s about 10 x 20 ft and 3.9ft (1.2mtrs) deep. So I was able to do about 7-8 breast strokes and about 5-6 freestyle. Great Bose music system provided so that you can listen to music outside & inside, you can also dock your ipod\iphone. The one downside is the water is always cold, however doesn’t take long for you to warm up once in. Nearby the TV there are a lot of connection points in the wall e.g. computer & audio to TV, HDMI, USB, S-Video etc… They even have power points in the wall that take our Aussie plugs without converters

The day bed next to the pool was good to lounge around in and had a fan above it. There is waterfall feature as part of the pool that runs constantly and helps drown out white noise in the background, you can also hear this while you fall asleep. The curtains in the room where quite good to black out the light coming into the room, some of the blinds were remote control.

The room has quite a large safe in it, we easily stored our laptop. They provide a CD “Symmetry – a selection of sounds by Michaelangelo L’acqua” for you to use whilst staying in the villa there is also a copy in the room if you wish to purchase it – we did as we quite enjoyed the music playing in the background, very soothing. They provide a bodum for coffee and supply large coffee bags to put in it.

The whatever, whenever service (dial 0) was fantastic – they were very efficient and never let us down. Their level of English was also good and we found this quite consistent across the resort.
Pretty close to the most enjoyable accommodation we have stayed in. We can’t wait to go back

PRO’s:
• The young gentleman “Hiskey” that took us to our villa upon arrival, what a friendly young helpful chap, he gave us a good intro to everything in our villa and was there as the hotel car whisked us away to the airport.
• Great to see the GM & his staff out and about on a daily basis, he also came to greet us upon arrival.
• Loved the 2-Tini cocktail at Woobar.
• From hotel lobby if you want to go to a local restaurant etc ask the concierge guys there how much for a hotel car, we found they charged us approx. 40,000\50,0000 to take us to say Mamasan restaurant – which was great we didn’t have to wait for a taxi & we knew we were in safe hands.. well worth it – you can pay cash to driver or charge to your room.
• Golf buggy from Villa direct to front of hotel – great service.
• Internet in villa and around the hotel, had no problems with the service – the password changes every Monday.
• One morning at Fire for breakfast, we were delivered 2 little chocolates dipped in Gold to recognize our Starwoods gold membership, was a lovely touch and nice chocolates.
• One afternoon sitting at Woobar we were delivered a complimentary pizza, again lovely touch and we thoroughly enjoyed the pizza with our cocktails.
• The night we checked into our villa we went for a walk around the hotel and a drink at Woobar, when we arrived back to the villa someone had delivered a set of scales with a red pig on one end and a bowl of chocolate coated honeycomb on the other, was such a lovely surprise and we enjoyed the chocolate.
• We booked a driver for the day via the hotel. We were very happy with this service and the driver had good English, was a good driver and prompt – cost us USD15\per hour in a standard small van\car.

CON’s:
• We were not told that because we were staying in a villa that we could have breakfast at either the Fire restaurant or Star Fish Bloo – so we only got to enjoy Fire on 2 occasions before we checked out. We significantly preferred this over star Fish Bloo.
• Star Fish Bloo for breakfast – Flat white coffee is like a warm cup of milk and every time we ordered coffee it took way too long to be delivered, same if you ordered breakfast from the menu.
• We had room service one night and it was delivered cold.
• Turn down service at night was hit and miss, didn’t happen every night (or most nights) but was good when it did.
• We booked the immigration service, the hotel sent us an email the night before we left home, as we had an early morning flight, we didn’t see it. The airport are cracking down on the service so it wasn’t available on the day. Would have been nice to have known up front that this might have been the case, instead of getting off the plane and wondering where the immigration person was.
• A small point and none the less annoying, they did not replace the pen in the room once. We took it with us on an outing and accidentally left it there and housekeeping never replaced the pen the rest of the time we were there and at the rate you pay to stay in a villa this should be replaced daily.

Room Tip: Pool Villa is the way to go to escape the world. Very private and quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Hello Brenlees,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us, it is helpful to gain such insight. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali expereince and found the time to enjoy all apsects of the retreat and the colourful playground of Seminyak. I will pass your kind comments back to our talent, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments soon.

Craig Seaward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We visited this beautiful hotel for a ten day holiday and we were very very satisfied.
Gardens are luxurious, everything is clean, everyone is helpful and genuinely happy to help.
We tried both restaurants and they are simply delicious. Food it fresh, service is multilingual and friendly. Everything is very glamorous but informal and very very enjoyable.
I suggest to everyone to stop at the bar at sunset and try the excellent cocktails and drinks. The atmosphere is magic.
The hotel is located in a perfect position for short walks on the beach to go to the closest village: you are in the middle of everything without the noise. Perfect.
It was my husband's birthday and we were greeted by colorful balloons and a very good birthday cake.
The only downside, in my opinion, was that prices are a little bit too high for the value of the rooms. We were in a villa with private pool and there was more than a piece of furniture that would have needed a check or a refresh. Everything worked perfectly, but for that many hundreds of dollars per night, I would have expected that everything was perfect, not just close to perfection.
Breakfast was my favorite part of the day since the buffet is virtually endless and the tables close by the sea are breathtaking.
Excellent drivers will take you anywhere you want to go with a very short notice.
The spa is very expensive but also very well equipped and the service above my expectations. If you don't have a budget this is a must.
My review is still extremely positive and I want to recommend this lovely hotel to everybody.

Room Tip: All villas are very very quiet and with a private pool and excellent room service you can forget the...
Hello ElisaMiao,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Retreat & Spa Bali experience and found the time to enjoy the culinary delights on offer within our restaurants. I am sorry to hear you found the price point too high, I do believe this is reflected within the level of service you receive and our whatever/whenever service culture.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Arriving in Bali and in Seminyak there is a very small entyrance to the W Retreat and Spa. However, the long driveway overhung with bamboo foliage, like a tunnel, is a beautiful sight. At security (tight on each entry) it opens out into a beautiful driveway with fountains etc.
The foyer is large and welcoming with the sound of the surf and feel of the soft breezes from the ocean, with a clear view of the beach. Chairs to lounge in or to sit in line the back of the foye looking over the plantation and pools to the beach. We chose a garden view room (very quiet and peaceful) and glad we did. The sea view is a little noisy for us, but may suit others. Check in was smooth and courteous, the room large with all amenities. Breakfast was INR300K for two for buffet. Also available was breakfast on the terrace with a continental (enough for two people) INR140K available on the terrace.
The location of this hotel was magnificent, whether a taxi ride to Seminyak Square, around INR 30K or walking on the beach, access to upmarket or lower market massages external to the hotel within easy reach using the hotel transport to the front gate.
All staff at this establishment were friendly and service orientated.
Ate in their restaurant on the last night and enjoyed a really well prepared meal.
There are at least 5 of the top ten restaurants in Bali within a short taxi ride or walking distance from the front gate.
Enjoyed a spa session in the treatment rooms.
Sundown drinks on the terrace - wonderful
Highly recommend the hotel, its location and the acessibility to facilities
Kick back, relax and enjoy life

Room Tip: Go for the garden rooms if you want quiet in the evening
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Hello WillJune,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear thar you enjoyed your W Retreat & Spa Bali experience, it does sound as though you found the time to enjoy all aspects of the retreat including the culinary delights on offer in our restuarants and venues.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments soon.

perth, western australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I had the oppourtunity to experience the mad t party twice in the last week and can i say how amazing it was. The booking process was extremely easy to complete online and from the moment we walked into the lobby we felt so welcome. Kadek and all the amazing staff showed so much warmth and the service they provided was nothing short of 5 star. The food was amazing on both days and we even got a visit the second time from the chef! We were extremely spoilt by kadek and all her staff with complimentary rose tea and a zonut as she knew i wanted to try that particular flavour! I can not recommend this experience enough and i can only say a huge thankyou to the team at w and i will be recommending this experience to everyone i know! I will definitely be back next time i'm in bali

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hello jadecallisto,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you chose to visit W Retreat and Spa Bali and experience our Mad T Party. I will pass your comments onto our talent, they will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon in W Lounge.

We do look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will choose to stay with us upon your next visit to Bali.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

After just 1 hour the staff already knew our names and made us feel right at home.

We had an oceanview room on level 4 and it was spectacular!!

When we walked into the room there was music playing and it was a great way to start your stay.

The his and hers sinks are a great touch with a wet room with a roof that opens up so you can shower under the clouds or stars!!

Perfect if you want to be close to restaurants and potato head is really close by too!

I'll be coming back!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hello TravelBug1286,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the time to enjoy all aspects of our retreat from restaurants to venues and Away Spa.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Being my first time to Bali, I decided to stay in the nicest area which is Seminyak and the W always showed up high on the list of hotels and they did not fail to impress. The level of customer service is impeccable. I had arranged for a car to pick me up from the hotel over email and they informed me a guy with an ipad with the w logo on it would be there to pick me up and take me to the hotel. When I arrived he was there as they said and escorted me to a car where another individual met me to drive me to the hotel. When you get to the hotel, it is like a james bond villian's compound and I mean that in the nicest of ways. The car took me to the front gate where I was greeted and then taken to another gate where a little golf cart or mini shuttle picked me up to take me to check in which is outside overlooking their incredible view of the ocean. Being an SPG member, they already knew my info and greeted me warmly as I am sure they do for all of their guests. When the main guy Craig Seaward came to greet me personally, he had asked how my day had went and I informed him all is good but I accidentally broke the bottle of Chilean cabernet I had bought at the duty free when I was checking in to the hotel. He sympathized and said he would replace it and send one up later. Thanks again Craig it was very much appreciated after being on the plane and wanting to relax in my room before I took in the scenary. As for the scenary, taking in the sunset is something everyone does in Bali and the W has an incredible view and bar (which is also a hot spot) to experience this daily ritual. Since I was staying at a hotel with a spa, I decided to get a massage and their spot is open 24 hours and highly worth paying a little extra for their treatment. The hotel itself is also close to lots of fusion foodie restaurants and not far from kuta beach. Finally, the hotel staff were very personible and always very accomodating. The hotel rooms were very spacious and had every item possible to make your stay better with the nice bonus being a retractable sun roof for my shower. I cant say enough to describe what an awesome experience it was to stay here. Just book it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Hello johnnymaze,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Retreat & Spa Bali experience and found the time to enjoy all aspects of the retreat. I will pass your kind comments back to the talent, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next W experience and more wow moments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel to relax and chill out out for a long weekend away, and the W did not disappoint.
The hotel is right on the beach, with good good restaurants and fantastic service. Nothing is too much trouble for the lovely staff. If you're there on a Sunday make sure you book in for Sunday brunch - fabulous.
We had a garden room rather than a beach room which turned out to be great as it was very quet. I think the rooms overlooking the pool and the beach could get very noisy. Potato Head is next door and one night the music was really loud coming from there.
If you want classic quality I would say go to the Oberoi. If you want funky, fun quality go to the W. We loved it and will definitely go back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Jint H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W experience and found the time to enjoy our restuarants and venues and sample the culinary delights on offer at our Starfish bloo brunch.

Craig Seaward

Been to W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak? Share your experiences!