“Woo hoo” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak

Save Saved
You added W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak to your Saves list
W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Petitenget, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
SAVE 20% ON RETREATS
Ranked #17 of 94 hotels in Seminyak
“Woo hoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I returned to Bali after a 9 year break and it was recommended that I stay at the W as I was travelling solo. The unbelievable traffic made the drive from the airport to the hotel nearly 2 hours. Fortunately I was warmly greeted by the staff. The check in was fast however my room wasn't ready even though it was 4pm. The staff graciously offered me a complimentary afternoon tea whilst I waited. The ocean facing room was gorgeous and spacious. I was on the 5th level. The toiletries were abundant and always replaced. Free bottled water was most appreciated. The food at the Fire and Starfish Bloo was fine and the selection of cuisines was enjoyed by all the guests. All the staff smiled and were so helpful. The only negative was the loud disco music from the Woo Bar that continued until 10pm. If you are a light sleeper choose a different room as the sound of the waves can also keep you awake.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper try the garden rooms or the villas.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello Helen S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you selected W Bali as your choice of Retreat. I am happy that you received the level of service I would expect.

We do look for ward to welcoming you back upon your next visit for more relaxing and inudlgent moments.

1,527 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had a private villa with plunge pool. A-MAZ-ING! Beautifully appointed room with a bed that was so comfy I wanted to take it home. I also took as many Bliss toiletries as I could - loved them! Being able to step directly out the door and into our own private pool was so luxurious. Great room service, amazing afternoon tea and the Spa is to die for - we went about 5 times each! Satff were so helpful with cars and taxis to get us where we wanted to be. Chilling out at Starfish Bloo in the evening and watching the sunset with a drink in hand made me teary - it was so beautiful and so relaxing. If you want to totally chill out and get away from everything and everyone this is the way to go. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Suzanne S,

Thank you for sharing feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found the time to enjoy our restaurants and bars including the magnificent sunset at Starfish bloo.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for more wow moments.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

After staying in a hotel in Nusa Dua, we moved to this hotel to feel a different moods and atmosphere.
We choose to stay in a two-bedrooms villa, and just realized that the villas are located at the opposite side of the hotel complex, which have more privacy and also very quiet.
It's a different experience for us when stay in the villa, since the villa is spacious: the kids' room is away from the master bedroom, separated with an open family lounge and a private pool at the front.
This villa is a perfect place if you travel together with some families, or to have kind of family party/ gathering, since the place can afford it, and they also provide with a barbeque grill/ oven!..
The main pool at the hotel complex is very cool, with a chic and modern design, also the breakfast place is also very nice since it has a nice ocean view, and the foods are delicious.
Kids are a bit complaining since they could not swim at the beach side, because it's not recommended as the current is quite strong.

Next visit to this hotel we will stay at the hotel rooms rather than the villa to get more fun and crowd!..

Room Tip: Stay at the villa if you need more privacy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Ardijuna,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found the time to enjoy the colourful playground of Seminyak.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing villa experience and further wow moments.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Have just returned from another beautiful stay at what I would easily class as my favourite hotel, The W ...Bali! We spent a quick six days here in June to celebrate my 50th birthday and as always nothing was too much trouble for the fantastic talent that run this oasis in the middle of Seminyak. Our ocean facing view was as spectacular as always, the treats by the pool, the fantastic food and wine, amazing design and a resort that is as relaxing as it is fun. We enjoyed the Sunday brunch, now a tradition, on the day of my birthday and it was spectacular. Finished the day at the Woo Bar listening to great music and enjoying the ambience. It was our sixth visit over the three years since this stylish hotel opened and nothing disappointed. Thank you to Craig and all his wonderful staff. They made our stay complete and it is great to feel part of the W family. We can't wait to come back. Julie and James

Room Tip: The ocean facing is worth it and try to get a top floor room. On the big nights you will certainly h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hello Julie W,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It was a pleasure to host and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your celebrations at W Bali. I will pass your comments onto our talent, they will be delighted to hear that they assisted in making your holiday a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for more wow moments.

Bali, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I make booking everyday for my guests in many places in Bali. I called 2 days ago W restaurant to make a group booking at one of the restaurant. The line was busy so I was send back to reception so I had to call 3 Times.

When I finally talk to them them have 2 groups already so I cant book for 7pm, fine no worry I get the 8:30pm.

They call me 2 hours later to says that I need to give a deposit. I ask how much, they tell me 50% with was about 500 USD. I propose to give 100. They agreed but by not telling me this when I booked my guests are gone for the day so I have to pay myself.

I went there to pay the deposit and get a receipt. 2h later I have a phone asking me if I wish to confirm my booking. I said yes and that I paid deposit, she had no clue of it! Communication??

One hour later someone call me again to ask the same question I started to get frustrated that a simple group booking make me lost so much time and starting to get worry that my 18 guests will maybe not have their table.

At 7:15 I receive a call saying that my guests havent show up at their 6pm dîner! I explain her that the dîner is at 8:30.

At 9:15 they call me again saying my guests didnt show up. She said it In a very very not Nice way that she will release the table because my guests no there! My guests went there at 6pm to see the sunset so I ask her to check again!
My 18 people was having dîner at their restaurant!!!!

5 phone calls, inapropriate voice tone, no communication! When you book a table of 2000 USD you expect much more! And what a lost of time!!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hello AnaSia2013,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear of the service you have received.

We would like to have the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please do email - Andreas.bergel@whotels.com with your contact details.

We look forward to hearing from you and rectifying the above matter.

Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is a spectacular hotel for couples who want to be left alone. The steam room/spa would have to be the best in Bali all new and appealing to the eye with gentle soft colours. Set away from the hotel with lovely long grasses to look at from the spa pool.Gym is great and always open.
Staff round pool are great and bring little things to try -sorbet on a stick for example. Nothing too much trouble. Drinks/food are dear but it is a 5 star place. The Sunday seafood smorgasboard is brilliant.
Breakfast was really good with great choices.

The room is so modern with all the mod cons and balcony is great.

Trolley runs you up to the road if you need supplies from the 7/11 on the street about 500m walk otherwise.

Only negative is people walking in off the beach who can pay to use facilities.

Room Tip: get on the top floor looking out to sea
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello baliang,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found the time to enjoy all that is on offer within the retreat from AWAY Spa to our restaurants and bars.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more relaxing wow moments!

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

It's modern contemporary hotel in a premium location of south Bali, Seminyak. The room was excellent, the hotel design was amazing. The breakfast was also perfect. really worth the money. It's perfect for you who want to find a decent hotel in a moderate crowd area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello Ignatius Untung S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with me. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and sample our vast range of culinary delights.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments.

Craig Seaward

Been to W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak? Share your experiences!