“Everything is Good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak

Save Saved
You added W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak to your Saves list
W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Petitenget, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #14 of 86 hotels in Seminyak
Semarang, Indonesia
“Everything is Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Everything is Good except 1! If You don't have your own transport, U need to walk down the drive-way which is far enought to reach the street....

the Public Toilet on Lobby Floor is clean & dry, even Cooler than the lobby area coz they're AirConditioned w/ Self Controller attached inside each WC (Toilet)

the Hotel Always provide Fresh Fruit Juice on the lobby & some on the beach near the Kids Playground & Not Letting anyone exhausted for free :)

If You have your own Car & Self Park them, the Lot is far away from the Lobby, but the hotel provided the Buggy Car to pick & deliver all guest to lobby & vice versa

Room Tip: If You don't have your own car & if You stay in this hotel, U can ask the Concierge for a Ca...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hello YuliGembeL,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at W Bali. We do make sure that we have enough buggies on site to accomodate our guests needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next Wow experience.

1,459 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Thank you for an amazing 3 days nothing was too much trouble for staff. Breakfast was amazing as was the sushi we had every day for lunch. Thanks to a tour of villas and advice from Rika Wilson we will beer turning with family in September

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hello Angela J,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic girls weekend with us, it is the pefect destination for indulgent and relaxing moments. I will pass your thanks onto Rika, she will be happy to hear that she assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in September.

Allt he best,

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Bali many times and always overlooked the W Hotel. Mainly due to the hype of the brand with little supporting substance in the service. Well I admit it- I was wrong,

The W Seminyak has the property, beachfront location, amenities, atmosphere, restaurants, bars and most of all the service. The staff are happy, enjoy what they do and go out of the way to please. It s a credit to the Management and the Hotel.

Yes I see the attention to detail
> The happy security at the check point - the first contact with the Hotel
> Greeting by the door man with "Welcome to the W"
> The well choreographed check in- with a seamless hand over from reception, to room escort to bell man's room inspection
> The smell and music upon entering the room
> The changing 'Welcome" mat in the elevator for morning, afternoon & evening

And I could go on!

From a business owner within the Industry, I take my hat off- WELL DONE.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello SMDo007,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you experience the wow factor of W Bali and recieved the level of service I would expect. It does sound like you found the time to enjoy our restaurants and venues within our coolourful retreat.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon upon your next visit.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the W for 4 nights earlier this year with few other friends.....we definitely had some great moments during our stay. Service was excellent and staff were attentive.
I still remember the drinks that I ordered by the poolside, which was the Ice Lychee Mint Tea and Strawberry Peach Tea. It tasted great and refreshing.... Because it tasted so nice, few weeks after I headed back home, I even emailed to the concierge for having the recipe!!! (Few days later, I did receive an email fom Whatever Whenever)

One thing I do realized while reading through on previous comments; The General Manager does a great job, all the comments replied personally and accordingly, whether is good or bad ones instead of giving out an automated reply or even no reply at all!!! (Thank you Mr. Seaward)This is also my main motivation to give out comments, which I normally don't.

Also, I do have a question to ask, I am a SPG member, I always been able to earn points by spending in the restaurant in Hong Kong and Seoul ( W or any Starwood chain) even without staying at the Hotel. However, during my previous stay at W Bali, I was not able to earn any points by spending on the food bills. According to the front desk, because I have not booked the room through the Starwood site, therefore I am not entitled to earn any points at all.

I understand that, if rooms are not booked through the official site, points cannot be earned.... Which is fair and make sense. Does the point system work any differently at W Bali?

Since we had a great time at the hotel anyways, our group are planning another trip soon in a few weeks time again... Looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Chose room on the top floor, there is a sunroof in the shower area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hello Urban Splash,

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor review and glad that you had a good 4 day stay with us.

I would appreciate if you can reach out to me on the following email address - gm.seaward@whotels.com and I will sort out your SPG points for you.

Best personal regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A truly memorable stay.
The hotel is spectacular, impressive architecture, facilities and feel good factor.
Service was exceptional. Very warm and attentive staff that demonstrate they love working there.
Breakfast options were amazing and great quality.
Walking distance to some hot dining/drinking spots; Potato Head, Ku De Ta, Sarong, Hotel Mexicola to name a few.
DJ at Woobar made it hard to leave!
Only suggestion I would make would be to heat the pool a little as it was chilly.
We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello vickid,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a fatastic time at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak. It does sound like you found time to enjoy our restaurants and venues.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next Wow experience.

Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The "W" hotel in Seminyak - Bali is something wonderful: the location, the rooms, the park with swimming pools, the restaurants everything is nice and beautiful.
My first choice for Bali was to stay in Kuta, which is more famous, but as none of the hotels there I had sent e-mails with questions answered, we decided to take the "W". It was a wise decision: the inconveniences of the crowded Kuta are not in Seminiyak. And if one wants to go to Kuta a US$5 taxi ride will take you thre,
Around the hotel there are several options fror dining and shopping at walking distance or at a US$ 2 taxi ride.
The view from the rooms is astonishing; the resrtaurants are excellent.
The service of all employees is flawless.
The room was spacious, clean, clear, with a wonderful bathroom.

Room Tip: The King Bed Spectacular Ocean Facing room is wonderful
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hello PingSaoPaulo,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. It does sound like you found the time to enjoy our restaurants and venues.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Bali for your next wow experience.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed in 2 bedrooms villa for 2 nights. Awesome and efficient services, friendly and helpful staffs. They take note on my every request and try their best to fulfill for me. Just a little defect on my villa, there are ants on the sunbathing chair and bathroom's vanity area. However, this is a small matter, the staffs come and clean it after I made a complained. Everything was fantastic from this hotel! It's really outstanding! Because of W, my buddies and I have a memorable, unforgettable and extraordinary Bali trip! Très Bien W Bali, Keep it up! We will be back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Es_T232,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you experienced the Wow factor of W Bali.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your colourful playground experience!

Craig Seaward

Been to W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak? Share your experiences!