“A hip place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak

Save Saved
You added W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak to your Saves list
W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Petitenget, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Save up to 50%!
Ranked #14 of 91 hotels in Seminyak
Hong Kong, China
“A hip place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very relax setting with hip design. Villa is heaven for couples. Good size pool in villa. Good breakfast selection. The only drawback is there are many flies in the restaurant but overall it is still one of the best resorts that I had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hi Kwok M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that there were flies in the restaurant and that you were not assisted by our talent. I will make sure this is followed up on.

I do hope to welcome you back for another W experience.

1,484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

from the moment I arrived, to when i had to depart, staying at the W is a blissful combination of design, luxury, amazing hosts / staff, location, food, bars, perfect music. Could not fault my stay. was luckY enough to spend 6 nights with my best friend. Being house music lovers, the woo bar at sunset was perfect for enjoying the warm breeze, awesome cocktails and international house sounds. The room was huge (was upgraded to a ocean front suite). Set up with everything we needed. just plugged in the ipod (Bose sound system), cracked open some bubble on the balcony... highlights included the breakfast. Having sashimi for breakfast was a real indulgence. And choosing you own coffee mug, from a huge selection of odd mugs, was a fun way to kick off the start to the day. Another hightlight was having lunch in one of the pods in the Starfish Bloo. Requested a pod closest to the water, and from there, enjoyed cocktails, seafood, with a balinese influence = amazing. Enjoying the sun around the pool you were always served without thew feeling of being over serviced. A ral sprise was free use of the sauna, and hot and cold pools, topped of with tea and 'oxygen'... yes free oxygen! We also used the 'whateverwhenever' desk, who gladly booked us into restaurants, massages etc. outside the hotel. Highlights being La Lucciola for dinner, Sarong for dinner, Cafe Bali for lunch, Potato head - any time of the day (its next door), and KU DE TA of course. Also trips to the Rock Bar and and Ubud completed the stay. And lastly, getting the golf buggy (which is used to get you from the hotel entrance to the road) was a ride I wish i didn't have to catch... I didn't want to leave. I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: def an ocean view or ocean glimpse room. though the garden rooms woudl be fine as there is s much sp...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hello jasonbsydney,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at W Bali.

I am delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expecations and you experienced the WOW factor that W Bali offers.

You definitely took the time to enjoy all the local hot spots and colourful playground of Seminyak. It's a fantastic atmosphere to soak up.

It does sound like you have left feeling like a true W ambassador and we look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Amazing and recommended! Great staff, perfect service, amazing room, beautiful pools!
For sure the best place to stay in Seminyak. Nevertheless, the beach in front is not that nice.
Restaurants are all very good. SPA is a dream! :)
Had a perfect week there!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Marina B,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am happy to hear that you found your stay with us to be perfect.

I am disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy the beach and do feel maybe this was done to the time of year.

I do hope you will visit us at W Bali again.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

One of the best resorts anywhere in the world. My wife and I stayed at the W Retreat & Spa in one of their villas. This trip to Bali was for R&R for my wife who had recently undergone major surgery. The W Resort was the perfect place for this. The restaurants unbelievable (see my reviews). Breakfast was the best - ANYWHERE.

Room Tip: Book a villa.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello V-Gordon-O,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at W Bali.

I am delighted to hear your comments and feedback. I am glad that chose W Bali for your wife to be able to switch off and relax and be looked after and that is what you received. I do hope she managed to recuperate during your stay with us.

I do look forward to welcoming you both back again.

Herefordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you’re looking for a cosmopolitan hotel, rather than a traditional Balinese style hotel then you’ve found it, we had a superb stay at the W Seminyak. In short, service from the moment we arrived was friendly and smooth, the hotel is wonderfully modern with the typical W twist of humour, and our room was spacey and spotless. Huge mad choice for breakfast something even for the fussiest people out there, spa wonderful I had one of the best massages I have ever had. The cocktail were fab, loads of pools, relaxing areas and sea right on your door step and to top it all Potato Head is right next door and other trendy bars and restaurants as well, so if you like your music, food and cocktails you’ll be in heaven. If you like shopping there’s plenty to buy in Seminyak, and more great bars and restaurants, the W

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Panna,

Thank you for your comments.

I am extremely happy to hear that W Bali met with your expectations. It sounds like you managed to enjoy and indulge in our restaurants and venues.

We do hope to see you again for a few more cocktails and some electrifying beats at WOOBAR.

All the best,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

On an island teeming with world-class luxury resorts, this one manages to steal the show.

I travel a lot - at least 180 days a year - and it's unusual that I'll be blown away by a hotel. But the W really impresses: expect phenomenal service, a hearty breakfast buffet, and a happening nightlife.

I purchased a 'Wonderful Garden View Retreat' for Christmas 2011, but after checking in, I was concerned that the view just wasn't that wonderful. I called the Front Desk, who gave me a complimentary upgrade to a 225m2 'Marvellous One Bedroom Pool Villa.' I didn't expect this upgrade - this room type would be triple the price of what I purchased, easily - but boy did I enjoy it! Having my own private 43-metre plunge pool for five days, a sprawling Bale Begong day bed and a sun deck was a luxury that made my Christmas Day ever the more special.

I was also struggling to order a taxi one evening, so the concierge offered me complimentary use of one of the resort's BMW X5s to travel to a restaurant that was at least two hours drive away.

This is one resort that I will be returning to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello aferdeline,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at W Bali.

It is great to hear that you experienced the WOW factor during your stay with us. As part of our W service culture our talent will always take that extra smile to make sure that your W experience is as memorable as possible with us.

I am just delighted that we were able to make sure you had a happy Christmas day with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

All the best,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I just got back from 9 days at the W Bali and can't recommend it enough! The location is great---close enough to everything but away from the massive groups of people.

The rooms were incredibly comfortable, with great beds, and absolutely positively immaculate. The pool area, lounge and beach are fabulous and you can easily laze around for an entire day and not get bored. The food is great as well. The restaurants are a bit pricy compared to others in the area, but not by too much and the food is well worth it. Breakfast was included in my rate, and the buffet was outstanding---not only was the selection very large and well varied, but you could order off the menu too so it was impossible to get bored, and I had it 9 times!

But over and above all this, what makes the hotel and the experience absolutely top-notch are the people. The employees (or 'talent' as they're called there) are just that---INCREDIBLY talented people who really care about their jobs and the guests. Every single person there, from the room cleaners to the gym staff to the restaurant to the front desk----all had very genuine smiles, always said hi, and made me feel incredibly welcome. I hesitate to call out individual names because that would imply that others weren't as great--honestly, when reading other reviews people mentioned how great the service was and I was skeptical but everyone there blew me away with their professionalism. At breakfast particularly they went the extra mile and remembered me from day 2---from what I liked to what I mentioned I was doing the day before. I was there by myself for 9 days and never ever felt even the slightest bit uncomfortable. Those include: Dino, Parta, Juni, Made and Sum----thanks guys for the many many cappuccinos, guava juices and smoothies! Mita at the hospitality desk was absolutely the definition of graciousness, and I can't recall the other names but every person I came in contact with--thank you!

I will definitely be back to Bali, and no question, to the W. I haven't been that relaxed in forever!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hello Jenniferb1228,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us.

I really am delighted to hear your stay with us was amazing. As you have noted our talent do always take that extra step to look after our guests and it makes me proud to read that they are applying this.

I will make sure that your comments are fed back to our talent.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Criag Seaward

Been to W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak? Share your experiences!