“This is how a hotel should be” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak

Save Saved
You added W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak to your Saves list
W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Petitenget, Seminyak, Kerobokan, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
SAVE 20% ON RETREATS
Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Seminyak
Vancouver, Canada
“This is how a hotel should be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

On an island teeming with world-class luxury resorts, this one manages to steal the show.

I travel a lot - at least 180 days a year - and it's unusual that I'll be blown away by a hotel. But the W really impresses: expect phenomenal service, a hearty breakfast buffet, and a happening nightlife.

I purchased a 'Wonderful Garden View Retreat' for Christmas 2011, but after checking in, I was concerned that the view just wasn't that wonderful. I called the Front Desk, who gave me a complimentary upgrade to a 225m2 'Marvellous One Bedroom Pool Villa.' I didn't expect this upgrade - this room type would be triple the price of what I purchased, easily - but boy did I enjoy it! Having my own private 43-metre plunge pool for five days, a sprawling Bale Begong day bed and a sun deck was a luxury that made my Christmas Day ever the more special.

I was also struggling to order a taxi one evening, so the concierge offered me complimentary use of one of the resort's BMW X5s to travel to a restaurant that was at least two hours drive away.

This is one resort that I will be returning to.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello aferdeline,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at W Bali.

It is great to hear that you experienced the WOW factor during your stay with us. As part of our W service culture our talent will always take that extra smile to make sure that your W experience is as memorable as possible with us.

I am just delighted that we were able to make sure you had a happy Christmas day with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Craig Seaward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I just got back from 9 days at the W Bali and can't recommend it enough! The location is great---close enough to everything but away from the massive groups of people.

The rooms were incredibly comfortable, with great beds, and absolutely positively immaculate. The pool area, lounge and beach are fabulous and you can easily laze around for an entire day and not get bored. The food is great as well. The restaurants are a bit pricy compared to others in the area, but not by too much and the food is well worth it. Breakfast was included in my rate, and the buffet was outstanding---not only was the selection very large and well varied, but you could order off the menu too so it was impossible to get bored, and I had it 9 times!

But over and above all this, what makes the hotel and the experience absolutely top-notch are the people. The employees (or 'talent' as they're called there) are just that---INCREDIBLY talented people who really care about their jobs and the guests. Every single person there, from the room cleaners to the gym staff to the restaurant to the front desk----all had very genuine smiles, always said hi, and made me feel incredibly welcome. I hesitate to call out individual names because that would imply that others weren't as great--honestly, when reading other reviews people mentioned how great the service was and I was skeptical but everyone there blew me away with their professionalism. At breakfast particularly they went the extra mile and remembered me from day 2---from what I liked to what I mentioned I was doing the day before. I was there by myself for 9 days and never ever felt even the slightest bit uncomfortable. Those include: Dino, Parta, Juni, Made and Sum----thanks guys for the many many cappuccinos, guava juices and smoothies! Mita at the hospitality desk was absolutely the definition of graciousness, and I can't recall the other names but every person I came in contact with--thank you!

I will definitely be back to Bali, and no question, to the W. I haven't been that relaxed in forever!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hello Jenniferb1228,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us.

I really am delighted to hear your stay with us was amazing. As you have noted our talent do always take that extra step to look after our guests and it makes me proud to read that they are applying this.

I will make sure that your comments are fed back to our talent.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Criag Seaward
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our stay at the W Bali was amazing thanks to the Deputy GM Jean Marc Poon and the Relationship Manager Angga Karamoy. They went out of their way to make sure that our entire stay was perfect, which wasn't easy considering that we were travelling with two toddlers and a baby during the busy holidays. There were a few hiccups with checking-in but the staff were prompt in making sure that all of our needs were tended to - including preparing a baby crib, bottle sterilizer and bottle warmer in the villa. By far, the best Starwood hotel service we've had anywhere in the world. We stayed in the 3 bedroom villa which was quite spectacular with a large pool (although I'm not sure if I'd stay there again without a pool fence for the kids). I'd highly recommend this hotel due to its service, food, spa treatments and location. Great for young couples and families. Thanks again to the W team for making our trip so special.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hello LYuLee77,

I am delighted to hear that your stay with us over exceeded your expectations.

I can only apologise for issues during your check in but I am glad that they were swiftly rectified.

Your comment will be passed by to our team and we all look forward to welcoming your family back to W Bali.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I actually proposed to my girlfriend here at the W (we stayed in an one bedroom villa) and I must say I couldn't have been happier with my stay.

The staff were exceptional in helping me execute the proposal flawlessly! The rooms were fantastic (in trademark W styling - and also very new), the pool area can only be described as "fun" and the breakfast was excellent.

I am coming back to get married in Bali this year and will be recommending for my friends to stay at the W.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello 14andrewc,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and that we were able to assist you in such a memorable occassion.

We do hope you see you again on your return to Bali. Do reach out to us if you would like us to arrange any romantic bespoke dinners or anything else we can assist you with.

Alice Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Was truly a wonderful experience staying at this exceptional Hotel/Retreat. Staff made you feel so welcomed & were so helpful if you needed them.Will definitely return & hope to get a special on the rates again.

Room Tip: I loved the Garden view room down stairs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello AnitaAliceSprings,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great to hear that you departed having experienced the Wow factor.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali again.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Overall we definitely enjoyed our stay and we particularly loved the spacious pool area, but there are unfortunately a few shortcomings, in particular the room we had was quite worn out already, despite the fact that this is a fairly new hotel. Mostly due to the raving reviews this hotel received on (almost all) sites, our expectations were quite high (and were met for the most part). The rooms are large and nicely appointed with nice amenities, but particularly the bathrooms look tired and much older than the 2 years that the hotel has been in service (or less than 2 years, actually). Also, if you're looking for a constant "buzz", this is the place to be, but avoid it if you want to sleep at night or even want to have some peace and quiet during the day at the pool, as the music from the bar is constant and can be heard in most of the guest rooms, especially those with ocean view. (The villas are probably much more quiet). The breakfast is great, the food at Star Fish Bloo was average, despite the strong reviews. Overall ok but we expected better.

Room Tip: Keep in mind the rooms with ocean view are quite noisy at night, due to the fact that they face the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello TripTastic4Ever,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not more positive.

I apologise that our rooms did not meet your expectations. I am sorry that you found the volume of music too loud. I can understand how disappointing this must be and we do make sure that this is monitored to prevent any disturbance.

On a positive note, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere in the hotel, the interior design and WET.

If you do decide to return to stay with us, please contact me directly as I would be happy to oversee your booking and ensure you have a more enjoyable experience with us.

Criag Seaward
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel is amazing. The service is excellent. The breakfast was outstanding. The only drawback at breakfast was that they do not offer fresh water to drink. The rooms are very spacious and beautiful. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello Bijenbran,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am happy to hear that our service culture met with your expectations. I am disappointed to hear that water was not available or offered to you during your breakfast. I will share this with our B&F director, he will rectify this from happening again.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali very soon.

Craig Seaward

Been to W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak? Share your experiences!