This place makes you feel like you're in a super hip music video. Almost every nook and cranny of this hotel radiates coolness. But the great thing about this resort is that it's not just all style but also a lot of substance. They really thought of everything down to the last detail.
STAFF/CUSTOMER SERVICE: AMAZING. They really lived up to their whenever, wherever promise. Here are some instances: They provided a steamer and bottle warmer for our baby and a metal baby crib, since my daughter is 13 months old and quite active and prone to hit her head on the corners of the crib, Yessy, the duty manager, promptly thought of a solution and padded the whole crib with 2 duvets, this was 11:30 PM. Another instance is after we checked out, we had so much time to kill before our flight (Philippine Airline's only flight out of Bali is 1am!) they gave us a late check-out and told us that we can use a courtesy room for 1 hour to freshen up before the airport, in the end, since my baby was sleeping and it 1 hour already, Randy, the duty manager at that time gave us an extension until it was time for us to head to the airport. It's these small things that will make people come back and patronize the W hotels and resorts. The staff is prompt, friendly, and respectful - a 20,000 - 50,000 tip would mean so much to them already. For 100,000 they'll be over the moon.
Villas: we stayed in the 1 bedroom pool villa and the layout was well thought of and artfully designed. The bed was extremely comfortable -- really felt like a high threadcount and there was a pillow menu to choose from. There were no exposed wires but a small area for the av cables, usb port etc can be found beside our flatscreen led tv. There was a couch where my nanny comfortably slept in (at first we got an extra bed but it took up space and she said she wanted to sleep on the couch instead) a small table and a bean bag that had a cushy throw pillow. There was a writing desk at the back, built in bose speakers inside and outside by the cabana, a safe, ref and cabinets. The room has shut out curtains tht you can pull back tp enjoythe view of the pool and remote control operated blinds that reveal an orchid wall.
The bathroom had a bathtub which had an oar with ammenities such as a loofah, floating toy frogs which my 13mo old daughter loved to play with in the tub and pool. It also came with a septate toilet ,rainshower area, his and hers wash basins, and a closet area. They provide complimentary bliss nyc products, sunscreen, and bug spray. Outside, there's a cabana and pool with a connecting area that's shallower for babies. The pool was really clean and the staff sprinkles the water with some kind of bath salts as well. The pool area was just so perfect to chill in! The cabana was so comfy! We hooked up our ipad/iphone/galaxy pad and were to able play music inside and outside our room. The color scheme was well thought out and it was so conducive to r&r and fun in the sun.
Kid friendly: They have children's activities everyday like balloon twisting, sandcastle building, coloring, etc. kids even get to eat for free in Fire restaurant from 6-7 (which we tried for 1 night and got to choose anything from the children's menu) and enjoyed the sunset from our table.
Starfish Bloo: Where you have the daily buffet (delicous spread!) and where you can have lunch and dinner
Fire: Dishes prepared on a wood burning oven
Ice and Woobar: Bars where you can enjoy sweeping views of the ocean and sunset
food is delicious and in face more worth it to eat here than Ku De Ta or Potatohead
- Spa: complimentary oxygen station 5-10 mins, feels like youre in a futuristic spa. You get to throw colored stones with words like hope, love, joy, money, peace, believe, faith, courage, smile and laugh etched on it and make a wish.
- Library: with comfy couches, apple computers, decent book collection and a "strategy room" where you can hold meetings. (complimentary illy coffee machine and teas)
- Gym: 24 Hours, State of the Art Equipment
- Shopping Gallery: Farah Kahn, Taksu, W hotel shop
- Cabanas: Comfy with cute big and small lip pillows
- Main Pool: Massive, offers an amazing view of the beach and waves, lots of loungers and even a bean bag area on the pool, kiddie area
- Infirmary: Very helpful and attentive, they can also connect you to a local doctor for more serious requests (my brother got bitten by a monkey in the monkey forest and we requested for a doctor to come over and administer rabies shots to him)
- Free Mountain Bikes, You can rent an BMW X5, Mini Cooper, or a Smart Car
Atmosperics: music playing throughout the whole hotel. Certain areas have scents wafting through the air. Clean, Mood Lighting, Complimentary Tropical Juices everywhere.
Branding: the w brand is seen all throughout the resort. From the huge signs in every entrance, to the bookmarks, straw containers, toilettries, even the pouches containing whatnots like the extra toilet paper, hairdryer, laundry etc. this plus witty and sometimes cheeky words printed on it and found in various parts of the hotel and services make staying at the w an amusing experience.
Ammenities: Love the Complimentary Bliss Spa toiletries, WET and WASH laundry bags, sunscreen, bugger off bug spray, W beach bag and, bath salts. Their bathtub has an oar on top of it with a cheeky sip, play and flirt menu.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- w Retreat And Spa Bali - Seminyak
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel
- W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape hectic philosophies, and why not plunge into vibrant glitz amidst natural splendors? We're a new found playground along the shores of Seminyak, where trendsetting chic restaurants, clubs, fashions and eclectic galleries await discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Venere so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.