-Check-in was smooth enough. We arrived at 1pm and waited 10 minutes for an agent to assist us. Despite being an SPG Platinum and attempting to confirm an early check-in the day before, our room was not ready. However, the woman checking us in could not have been friendlier nor more professional. We happily lounged by the pool and ate lunch until our room was ready. Much to our surprise (gotta love status!), they upgraded us into a "Marvelous Suite"
-The room was amazing. The suite we were provided (room 550) was ~1300 square feet. It was actually just two rooms put together with a standard room on one side but a massive "living" area on the other. On the balcony we had our own hammock and a few chairs/tables, which was perfect for observing the killer sunsets.
-If the room was amazing, then there are no words for the bathroom. It was a true treasure and ultra luxurious, especially with our own skylight that provided natural light directly into the shower area. Also, we had high quality Bliss products (and not those dinky travel sized bottles, either!).
-Overall, the food was very good though some meals were better than others. We tried the buffet breakfast one day and found it to be of high quality but excessive. Also, while the price of ~40 USD/person was reasonable, it is certainly more than needs to be spent on breakfast. Note that despite being Platinum, breakfast is not included (apparently at any W Resorts property). Instead, we ordered breakfast each morning to our room and sat out on the terrace while we ate. It was half the price, much more private, and more enjoyable.
-The pool at the food was better than average - but for the price ($14 for a chicken sandwich), I was pretty impressed as it was reasonable given the normal rip-off.
-Typically, I prefer to eat dinner away from the hotel. However, we ate at Starfish Bloo on our last evening and we are very glad that we did. The food was innovative and the atmosphere fantastic. We sat in a "birdcage" type booth (once you see it, you'll understand) with the waves crashing in the background. We highly recommend the pork rib appetizers - and try to get Chef Jack to explain to you the menu, the recipes, and his life. We loved it all!
-The service was very good but I have seen better in Asia (still 100x better than the US!). The pool attendants were very friendly though it would have been nice if the pool waiters were a bit more visible. Though we never waited long, we did sometimes wait to track down someone to help us. Our rooms were always cleaned and even though we missed turndown service one evening, they were quick to come and do it while we sat on the balcony.
-The pool was amazing. Multi-level, semi-private alcoves, and just the right temperature. We had no issues finding a couple chairs together and the 'day beds' are available on a first come first served basis.
-We've been wanting to visit Bali for our entire lives and though our trip was quick - we had an absolutely amazing time. The W Bali is a bit more expensive than other hotels in Bali but given our upgrade and the free night coupons I was able to use, it cost us next to nothing. I'd stay there again but recommend the hotel be wary about jacking up prices much more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape hectic philosophies, and why not plunge into vibrant glitz amidst natural splendors? We're a new found playground along the shores of Seminyak, where trendsetting chic restaurants, clubs, fashions and eclectic galleries await discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your W Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- w Retreat And Spa Bali - Seminyak