“Great Place but Noisy Rooms in the Front” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Haven Seminyak Hotel & Suites

You added The Haven Seminyak Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
The Haven Seminyak Hotel & Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Raya Seminyak 500 | Jl. Arjuna Gg. Raja, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #75 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Asia
“Great Place but Noisy Rooms in the Front”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed in the Haven for 5 days in August. My first time to book a hotel in the Seminyak area. I was surprised to see how close it is to the main road with all the traffic noise hitting you when wanting to relax at the bar area. It is good for people watching, though.
The room was spacious and big enough for two persons and its minimalist design suites my taste. I just wished I could have given a room towards the back side of the hotel since every afternoon and evening the hotel has a live band at the bar and if one does not feel like listening to their music it is quite impossible to ignore the sounds entering the room. Too bad.
The service was immaculate with all the staff being helpful and accommodating. Breakfast was rich and plenty although I am always kind of surprised that in a coffee producing area like Indonesia most hotels are not able to serve great coffee. If you want to order eggs bring some time with you and do not forget to follow up your order. They kept forgetting it a few times and at times the lines are long.
In all it is a good and stylish hotel to spend a few days in but I would not choose this one for my vacation. It is not close to the beach and too near to the main road for my taste. But if you want to be close to restos and shops that are lined up nearby then this may be the place you are looking for.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the reception and bar area. They should be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Friend and i checked into 2 rooms at The Haven Friday night, check in was a breeze as we had purchased on line. we were quckly shown to our rooms. What we originaly thought was a small hotel was quickly amended. the hotel consists of 1 block of rooms at the front, the villas in the middle and another 2 blocks of rooms at the end all running in a line. BUT it does not have a BIG hotel feel, there are 2 restauraunts, 1 at each end to enjoy breakfast there are 3 pools running the length of the hotel and more than enough sun loungers to keep people happy. Staff are wonderful and always smilling.
there is a rear access/lobby that alows quick access to Jalan Double Six . Breakfast is enjoyable tho the egg station can get busy. The rooms are very spacious with big bathrooms, excelent water preasure in the shower . Each room had it's own balcony and huge sliding doors that open the room up to include the balcony should you wish to entertain. The bed was huge and very very comfy - never got time to turn on the TV as we only stayed for a couple of days here. Front bar was a great place to sit and watch the goings on in the street whilst enjoying a drink or 2, bar staff keep the drinks flowing and the tables clean always with a smile. I would not hessitate to stay here again tho i'd book on line as it's cheaper than walk in rates which i thought was very unusual ??? Great location on the edge of Legian Seminyak near Jalan Double Six

Room Tip: avoid the ground floor rooms , too close to the pool without privacy and would be noisy. room 911 h...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel although located far from the beach has every thing else you want in bali. Access to transportation is a key. I stayed in a suite which was amazing and properly priced. Nice terrace lounge with life music

• Stayed September 2013
Karratha, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Had the middle eastern pizza and the tandoori shrimp with mango salad. The middle eastern pizza was essentially flat bread with a poor quality bolognese sauce, shrimp tasted good but expensive for 5 peices. They provided bread with balsamic and olive oil to start but only brought one hamburger bun when there were two people. The buns were not fresh. I would not recommend this place to eat at but cannot speak for the hotel. Ate at a restaurant just down the street for literally a quarter of the price and food was substantially better.

Happy Travels!

• Stayed September 2013
Victoria, Seychelles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

An average experience for a well located hotel. Poor overall service, door lock key cards constantly timed out or failed, room hygiene so so, mould in bathroom, one room had a wlk in shower, the other a huge bath tub to climb in, overnight food left in kitchen, reception operator often could not understand basic English, we booked a two bedroom suite, one had a DVD player the other did not! No replacement available. Air conditioning could be better, either old unit or requires servicing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TheHavenManagement, Public Relations Manager at The Haven Seminyak Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear FKMondon,
Greetings from The Haven Bali Seminyak!
We acknowledged all the concerns and certainly will use this to guide us in reaching the target in delivering better services to our valued customers. I had shared all of your concern to all related Department Head and a constructive action is currently implemented to ensure occurrence of the same problem will not be happening to our future guests.
Warmest Regards from Bali

The Management
Dunedin, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at the Haven on the 15th of September; booked via agoda on strong recommendation from friends. On check in I had asked for a late checkout the following day (till 6pm) which was going to cost more than my original booking.
The room was pretty terrible. We had to have twin beds as no other beds were available despite the fact that many other people checked in later than us, the shower flooded the room first, which took two phone calls to reception and a visit to reception to try to get fixed. Then the shower was dripping so we had to get someone back again who left wet muddy footprints on the floor, which again had to be dealt with separately. The bathroom was generally not terrible clean. We were jammed in like sardines at breakfast, the food was nice but there were no plates on offer so i had my breakfast out of a bowl. I couldn't get a cup of coffee for love nor money. To their credit, they were very nice when my partner was sick and called the doctor for us.
After much wrangling I got comped the late checkout (till 5:30) which was nice. To add insult to injury they started water blasting an outdoor sculpture right outside our window at 9 am which went on for most of the day meaning we couldnt even have the balcony door open because of the spray and the noise. Even without the comped late checkout this meant we couldn't use our balcony all morning.
When i went to check out the staff firstly insisted on a room check before I could leave. I have never encountered this before. Then they insisted that I sign a document stating that I has received the late checkout as compensation for the inconveniences we endured and that I would not contact Agoda or any other media in relation to my experience. I said that it was disgraceful which was met by the usual blend of politeness with no actual response. I was prepared to let the whole thing slide until they asked me to sign this document which I feel is wrong in its entirety. It seemed pretty routine to them so I am sure it is happening more than occasionally.
Personally I will never be darkening their door again; that was the last night in Bali, we stayed in 4 different places and the Haven was the most expensive and the most unpleasant. THere are plenty of fine hotels in Bali: Seminyak, there is no reason to endure the Haven.

Room Tip: They seem to coerce people against posting bad reviews so beware of the reviews of this hotel overal...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Second time staying in the hotel that is located in the heart of Seminyak.
My first time was last year in their deluxe room in the front wing.
That time I am not impressed with the room and saw the Villa was great.

This time, Me and my partner try to get the villa and it was fully booked.
The hotel ensure us that The Suites are the same design with The Villa. Just without private pool.
When we checked in, the room was totally different.
It was a big room with no snacks on mini bar, the room was just in front of the dining area with staff talking with each other in the evening and gardener fixed the plants in the morning.
Our hot water is broken and we have to wait a few hours to get it fixed.
The internet is not working for the wifi to make it worst because 3G connection is hopeless.

One night in this nicely design hotel is just an average experience for us.

Room Tip: Get the room that is far from the front side lobby
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Timjahja,
Thank you for taking the time to write and shared your experience during your stay recently. We truly value all the constructive feedback which you had kindly shared to us for our improvement. We have improved the wifi connection so all rooms can get reliable signal. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon
Warmest Regards from Bali
The Management

Been to The Haven Seminyak Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!