“We were blown away with the impeccable service and standards of this well appointed clutch of villas.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kanishka Villas

Ranked #85 of 322 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed at the Kanishka Villas in Bali's fashionable Seminyak in late July for a few nights and wished we had stayed longer. We were blown away with the impeccable service and standards of this small and well appointed clutch of villas. Here' a property that was cooked up by some out of control hedonist; exceptional attention to detail, fantastic and truly friendly service, all in a magical little enclave we had a hard time tearing ourselves away from. There is a welter of great boutique shopping, spas, bars, and the Bali Deli for wine and cheese, and other stuff you can slip in your in-room refrigerator. Despite all the action around the area, our villa was very peaceful and secluded and for some of the time we enjoyed doing nothing except reading and dipping. I would not hesitate to recommend Kanishka Villas in a second, and in fact we are already planning with a group of friends to stay there in December. So much for this little secret!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Scotonthebeach, Owner at Kanishka Villas, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review. As you have noted, the proximity to the perennially popular Bali Deli makes shopping for quality wine and foodstuffs quick and easy, without requiring motor transport. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the seclusion of your villa despite being close to all the "action" of Seminyak. And we are very grateful that you plan to recommend KANISHKA and to return with friends later this year. We look forward to that and assure you of a sincere "Welcome back". With kindest regards, Douglas Wallace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Indonesian first
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We spent 9 nights here this month. It was a fantastic place. The configuration is a large one bedroom on the ground floor along with the living area and pool.

There is an upstairs (2nd bedroom) space that is not as nice but would be good for kids or teenagers as it has its own small living area.

The staff were friendly and the in room massage service was great too.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you very much indeed for writing your review following your 9 nights holiday. We are delighted that you were satisfied with the accommodation as well as the massage treatments - you may be interested to know that we now offer a wider variety of massage and other spa treatments within the villas. Thank you for choosing KANISHKA for your holidays, and hoping to be able to welcome you again. With warm wishes from me and all our staff, Douglas Wallace
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

Our stay at these villas was a fantastic one indeed. My husband and I chose Kanishka Villas for our honeymoon based on what other travellers had written and were by no means disappointed. We stayed for 7 nights and from the beginning of the stay the staff proved themselves to be friendly and courteous and went out of their way to ensure that we were enjoying our time. They offered ideas and suggestions and assisted us with bookings for day trips and dinners with no hassle. The courtesy car service within the Seminyak area was a godsend on those days that it was too hot to walk!!! The villas themselves were amazing!!!!! From the pictures on the internet it looked amazing, but what surprised me was how true to form the actual villas were! They were comfortably furnished and had a great living/dining area that looked out over the private pool. Most of our days were spent by the pool! I can't really comment on the room service or spa as we did not use these facilities but the breakfasts were fantastic and always arrived on time as requested and when we had fogotten to order one day we even had a call from reception to see if we wanted to order at last minute. I loved these small attention to details. I would definently recommend these villas to anyone who wants to just get away from it all and relax in private. My husband has already recommended Kanishka villas to one of his work colleagues as a place to stay!!! We both can't wait to come back to Bali and to stay at Kanishka Villas. Thankyou so much for making our holiday one of the best!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotonthebeach, Owner at Kanishka Villas, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you very much for writing your review after your stay at Kanishka Villas for your honeymoon. We are delighted that you were satisfied with your villa for your most important holiday. Pleased also that you found the courtesy car convenient to look around the Seminyak area, and we hope you had time to enjoy the shopping and nightlife.
I certainly look forward to the chance to welcome you once again, and you may like to consider a combination of Kanishka and our Gending Kedis resort at Jimbaran, renowned for its tranquility.
With warm wishes from all our staff at GK Resorts, Douglas Wallace
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

The main and essential purpose of my stay is relaxation and tranquility after long weeks of work in Jakarta. I came a day before my birthday, it was just a perfect choice for a birthday present, a fabulous place to unwind, very quiet and private which I craved desperately yet has cool atmosphere and great facilities for some friends to come over and had some early cocktail just after sunset - What a collection of cocktail glasses we could use !
Nice place before heading off for dinner at a nearby restaurant. This area has a lot of great restaurants offering Italian, French, Indian, Indonesian cuisines with great range of wine and cocktail at reasonable price.

I can still remember how quiet it was, exactly what I needed on my birthday, a quiet moment for reflection .. which I was satisfied about. Enjoyable days!

A sweet surprise I had in the morning of my b'day, when I opened the door of my villa.. some friendly staff singing 'Happy Birthday' with a delicious chocolate cake…
Thank you guys for what you had organised.

From time to time between breakfast, lunch, long naps and swims.. great things that I am grateful for are that I could still have fast, uninterrupted access to internet, I could still receive calls on Skype from my fam overseas, ‘happy birthday’ calls :) and showed them where I was, how fab the bedroom was, showed my nephew where the private swimming pool with the water fall was as it was just next to my bedroom...

Right after it was opened, I spent some nights at Kanishka, and this year it's still maintained as brand new villas, an elegant and tranquil getaway more than I had expected that a villa can offer with details expressing how the management would care for their guests...
Thank you for making my birthday memorable. Great time !

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Dear Tripadvisor Member,
It was a great pleasure to welcome you back to Kanishka for your second visit, especially on the important occasion of your birthday. Thank you very much for your very warm appreciation, may I say that all our staff were excited on your return! We were all so happy to participate in your birthday celebration in a small way. We shall look forward to your future visit, with a suggestion that you try our GENDING KEDIS villas, where we assure you of a warm Balinese welcome. Thank you again! Kindest regards from me and our team at KANISHKA, Douglas Wallace
Carrara, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

In staying at Kanishka Villas for 2 nights we were extremely impressed with the lay-out of the villa and its contemporary and extremely comfortable furnishings. Many villas todays are too minimalistic but at Kaniskha it felt like being at home.
The lay-out of the villas is such that if you’re a couple, you use only one of two bedrooms. Although the upper level bedroom is slightly larger, we chose the ground floor as my husband is in a wheelchair and we had absolutely no problem in moving around the living, outdoor, bedroom and bathroom areas of the villa. The bedroom lay-out is ideal for 2 couples with complete privacy from each other.
My husband was absolutely thrilled to be able to get Fox News channel (among so many others) as we had stayed at a number of villas and hotels previously on this trip where it wasn’t available.
We couldn’t help but use the inviting pool the moment we arrived, and also enjoyed some after-dinner swims.
Although tempted to use the inhouse menu when our friends visited, we decided to get some “nibblies” from the Bali Deli just a few mins. away. We were going to Made’s Warung for dinner (just close by) but then decided to eat in so our butler arranged to get the menu, assisted with our order and then delivered the food to us when ready. Fantastic service!
Although we have stayed in other villas along Jalan Kunti, we found the location of Kanishka to be much more central, with easy access.
The staff were among the most helpful we’ve ever come across in Bali. Kanishka – you’re doing a great job and we’ll be back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Scotonthebeach, Owner at Kanishka Villas, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you very much for your positive review following your recent short stay at our KANISHKA VILLAS. We are happy indeed to hear from you that you had no difficulty accessing and moving around the villa by wheelchair, and that you enjoyed the Fox News television channel.
Thank you also for mentioning the service from our staff - you may like to know that your review has been pinned onto the notice board for all staff to read!
It was a pleasure having you both stay, and we hope you will consider trying our GENDING KEDIS, Jimbaran villas on your next Bali break. Warm wishes from me and all our team at GK Resorts. Douglas Wallace
gold coast hinterland Aus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

The rooms at Kaniska are well thought and deisgned for privacy and are striving for difference in a ever competitive market. Privacy is appreciated, yet the cost of these modern villas is the noise. Open air living rooms and spaces unfortunately let this establishment down. We were put next to a family and heard everything they said, coughing and children speaking over a television wth more speakers than you need in a home theatre! We do not normally complain, yet we were suffering a fever and trying to complete some writing. So we were moved the next day to another villa, therre was building going on but that was not to be fault of the villas. Our pool fountain drowned that noise out so we could live with that, but then after from returning a day our we were put next to some a group of young ones that had just arrived and excited about thier holiday so of course thier music is on, loud and we could not rest with this. So again we mentioned this hoping not to be comlaining again, but when you spend more than what is available aound you, the expectations increase also!. The staff did some more shuffling and we were left with some quiet again. We too heard the dog bark, but it stops every time after a few short barks, no different to what we wish our dogs to do if someone was near our premises! It was not a problem. You dont go here to have a tranquil holiday, yet you do go for a little quiet from the fast paced and busy trendy Seminyak area. The food as commented was a little bland, I cook day in and out and I would like to see an improvement to the menu as there are many people who wish to stay in and relax by the pool or watch a movie. As said by management there is a new chef, so hopefully a new varied menu, no more items yet different will be a worthwhile project. Our breakfast was always hot, so looks like they have started to make some changes. We also stayed at Gending Kedis, as my partner was sick and as a foodie it gave me an opportunity to try out a bit of thier food also. Perhaps some shared dishes could be implimented from GK to Kaniska! if the facilities are available.
All in all, a good concept, a team that are well selected and with some more attention to detail for the room detail and noise minimisation these villas are a winning formula. One of the staff even lent me her laptop because the loan one was unavaiable! service was certainly fantastic. A great place to stay for two sets of couples or a small group of friends because of the layout of the rooms, but this is not a party place! great location, fantastic shopping and staff worth employing in our own business!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Scotonthebeach, Owner at Kanishka Villas, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your very comprehensive review following your vacation at our 2 Bali resorts.
We have noted your concerns regarding some noise from neighbouring villas and we apologize for the inconvenience.
And thank you for your notes on the menus, which we are currently revising.
On behalf of our GK Resorts team, thank you for staying with us and we certainly hope to welcome you both back on a future occasion.
With kindest regards, Douglas Wallace.
Austarlia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

We spent three days in thriving Seminyak at Kanishka Villas,

The villas are beautifully finished and the customer service was second to none!

We found the location of the Kanishka Villas perfect for getting around the eateries and souvenir shops in Seminyak.

For Nyepi day, when the Balinese celebrate their New Year in total silence, we decided to move to Gending Kedis, managed by the same group for a little peace and serenity.

The property is incredibly beautiful and strategically located on the Jimberan Bay, close to the internationally acclaimed New kuta/Pecatu Championship Golf Course.

From the time we arrived until our departure, the guest recognition, service , food & beverage

and experience was something we will never forget.

We cant wait to return and live it all over again!

Thank you for making our holiday so special and memorable!

Sean Williams,

Melbourne,

Australia..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us at both KANISHKA Villas and GENDING KEDIS over the Balinese 'Nyepi' holiday,
Thank you for your review, it is most appreciated, and we are delighted that you found the service to your satisfaction.
With warm wishes from 'The Island of the Gods' and all our GK Resorts staff. Douglas Wallace

Been to Kanishka Villas? Share your experiences!