“Really lovely hotel (if you can find it)!” 4 of 5 stars

Casa Artista Bali
Jl Saridewi 17 | Sunset Village, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #21 of 76 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Paris
“Really lovely hotel (if you can find it)!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed here for two nights with my husband. The major problem with this hotel is finding it. The taxi drivers don't seem to know where it is and there is no sign at the end of the drive. The front door was locked when we arrived (at 7pm) so we had to shout to get in! Having said that, this is a really beautiful hotel, lovely size room, nice breakfast. The art work (which is what the hotel is named after) is dubious but inoffensive. If you get a cheap deal like we did (around 60 - 70 euros a night) stay here, don't pay much more thats my advice.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Pros
Lovely big rooom with comfy bed (downstairs with queen bed)
Gorgeous bathroom
Lovely clean pool in the courtyard
Free internet in reception area
Good healthy breakfast served on verandah
Friendly staff - especially the massage lady who gives the best massage ever (included in room price)
Cons
Signage not good and down the end of a lane which made it very hard to find at first
A bit of a trek to Eat Street for food and shopping
An occassional bad smell from the bathroom
The two pet dogs who barked way too much and were constantly peeing on our clothes drier on the verandah - not nice :(
We enjoyed our stay at Casa Artista but I am not sure that we would stay in such a small hotel again. It is like staying at a friends place ( the European owner actually lives in one of the rooms - but hardly saw her) and it sometimes felt like you were being a nuisance if you asked for too much

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Burleigh Heads, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed at Cafe Artista with my mother (82) for 5 nights because the Villa Kresna Tropical Resort driver took us there when we were collected from the airport. The hotel I had booked as a Balinese compound type of resort had not completed it's renovations ( I was not told this during the numerous emails re my booking however they happily accepted my $100 USD deposit!) We arrived late at night and were advised that we would be staying at Casa Artista instead in an upstairs room.(difficult for my mother as she has trouble with her hip and I had chosen accommodation in a ground floor facility)Nobody offered an apology for the deception with our booking The owner was in full flight with one of her tango nights and neither introduced herself, or invited us to join the party. We felt like outsiders for the 5 days. I agree with the other reviewer about her being unfriendly because she did not speak to us for the 5 days even though she saw us every day. Her dog was given free reign of the facilities and often slipped into our room and I almost stepped in the dog poo left on the stairs. The massage was expensive and in an outdoor room with no fan or music to make it a relaxing experience. The sand at Seminyak was dark brown and the beach covered in rubbish.The room service we ordered was a schnitzel and was overcooked and tough. The toilet would not flush enough water to remove anything and the tiles slippery when wet. Luckily I had the fall, not my mother ! On the nights when there was no tango, the place was deathly quiet with no music at all. We did not seem to be welcomed or encouraged to eat in the dining room so all meals were taken in our room. It was too far for my mum to walk to where the restaurant and shops were.When my sister in law arrived on the 5th day we went to Legion and quickly found something friendlier, cleaner, cheaper and with better facilities and moved there for the remaining 7 nights. This was NOT the friendly Balinese experience we had booked and I still have not received an explanation for the deception when the booking was taken nearly 5 months previously!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Stayd for 12 days and had a lovely time. I could stay only at the hotel and have nice vaccation. The staff are realy nice and friendly. what I like most was that it was so quiet and yet convenient location. I can realy recomend this hotel

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

The hotel is simply perfect, just a minutes walk to the beach, easy to reach Kuta's shopping and night life experience but far away enough to the overcrowded tourist hotspots. It is the perfect combination of a wonderful quiet place to relax with still all options that Kuta offers in the neighbourhood. We enjoyed the atmosphere of the complex, a remarkable hotel lobby with inviting courtyard and pool behind it. Management and staff are very friendly and capable, willing to assist you with your small and big needs. A place I$felt like 'coming home'. Hope I'll be able to visit again quite soon!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

spend ten days in casaartista and were the best!
ls rooms, service, food and staff are fabulous.
made me feel at home.
I'll be back soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

It's a nice place blend of culture and art, I experienced a interseting "ArgentineTango night" here, the room service is good. they have the best spot for my "cafe escape".

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Artista Bali? Share your experiences!