“a real hineymoon villa” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denpasar, Indonesia
“a real hineymoon villa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

there are a lot of villas in seminyak area which suitable for honeymooner, but Seiryu is the best in my opinion

i and my wife tried the one bedroom royal pool villa type during our recent stay last Saturday

the villa was very clean and well maintained
breakfast was lovely served in our villas with choices of American, Japanese and Indonesian

we both agreed that this whole concept of Seiryu Villas was perfect for honeymooner which adopted from Japanese history and beautifully combined with Balinese touch.

From the main entrance, lobby, reception, corridor, and the villa itself as its own history.

Great villas, superb service, nice food and we really enjoyed our stay

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Every place has its positives and negatives, I'll just pin point few of my negative experiences which I guess people should know as I stayed at couple of places in Bali. So I can really differentiate with the services.
First of all, the photos I saw was entirely different to see it in real. No doubt they are big and clean but they don't give a feeling of a villa, being a five star category they don't have that kinda furniture, Its all Jute furniture which does not give comfortable feeling at all, furniture gets 0 out of 10. They don't have that lavish kinda feel of a villa (of the amount I paid for each night). In reality a couple always need just one suit bedroom to stay, but I paid for a villa which was more than double, so expect it to be lavish with all the facilities. They only had 20-25 movies stored in some hard drive.They have one big room which is divided into two section, one for bedroom n other for living room. I again didn't find that great. There is a walkway on the back side of the villa which is basically meant for room service, but due to that the villas had no privacy, they served breakfast in the dinning room while we were asleep, n that made us feel uncomfortable.
I went there on my honeymoon, only one flower was kept on the bed and it was named as the honeymoon setup. That was disappointing.
I stayed in Park Regis in Bali, Kuta. That was also a suite room with swimming pool connected to my room, and I paid less than half of what I paid in the villa and I was happier there than in the villa. Park Regis was cleaner, the staff was good there, serves hot breakfast, but the only difference is they have a buffet system.
Now coming back to the staff of villa, I found them very good, but one thing I would like to mention is I guess they lack communication within themselves. They told me that they will provide me free taxi service from the villa to airport, n when I got out of the taxi at the airport I had to go n exchange money because that was not communicated to the taxi driver, amount was not too big to crib about but the trouble to exchange money and then pay it to the driver at the airport and then having a feeling of betrayal of what they said was not delivered was not good.
YOU CAN LOOK FOR A BETTER PLACE FOR SURE.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Shellharbour, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend from 12/02/2014 until the 16/02/2014. Don't get me wrong the hotel was nice. It's very new so the rooms are nice but my initial thought when entering the room was it actually looks a lot more downgraded then the photos. It is in a good location it is in walking distance to a lot.
The service was what turned me off. We were meant to have afternoon tea included every day which we only got once. The breakfast was of good value. I made a mistake in booking and accidentally booked an extra night. I approached the service desk (which never had anyone there) and asked about my options. I was told that they would check with the manager and get back to me. No one returned my query even after confronting them a second time.
However a female staff member was a saint throughout our stay as my partner was severely sick just before leaving for a flight. She would continuously check on us and brought medication for my partner. She was very helpful. Overall it was average. But for the price you pay you are better off staying somewhere else

• Stayed February 2014
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Beautifully designed, spacious villa,.Massive bedroom separate from lounge area. Japanese syle bed and lounge, so comfortable. no kids policy ensures that extra piece and quiet. Good location, Anantara and a few other great eating, drinking spots walking distance. Staff go above and beyond to make you feel at home, food there was like going to a fancy restaurant. We got it on a sale period so offered great value but wouldn't pay standard rate only down side

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pontianak, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel staff are helpful and very attentive. Breakfast was great and delivered to our room. Bathroom was clean and tidy. The only weak point was the weak water pressure of the shower, need to be upgraded. Anyway, we were still satisfied with our stay at the hotel overall.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We visited Bali in November last year, and spent a thoroughly relaxing four days here. There's definitely a wow moment when you first step into his clean, spacious, enclave of sorts. It's way too big for two but we're not complaining! We loved the modern interiors, the wide DVD and cable selection and the fact that the bathroom opens up straight into the pool. I was skeptical at first about staying at a villa because of a bad experience with mosquitoes previously, but this wasn't a problem at all at Seiryu...you're safe from those vicious things here. The service was excellent too. The staff went above and beyond to cater to our needs and make us feel at home while also respecting our privacy. Gedei, one of the butlers, deserves praise for being exceptionally helpful and accomodating. Locationwise... It's not super close to central seminyak, but the beach is just a 5 minute walk away. If you plan on spending some time there, they provide free towels, deck chairs and umbrellas which is very useful. One thing that fell a little short of my expectations: the breakfast spread. You select your meal the day before, and they bring it to you when you get up. But the choices are limited, and the food not spectacular. That aside, Seiryu was a great, great choice for us. They only have eight or ten rooms in total....so you might want to book early!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Seiryu was lovely from the start. Fantastic service, gorgeous accommodation, fab breakfast served in room and attention to detail. It pleasure to stay. They even sent me a follow up email to say thank you and see if I enjoyed my stay. Location is fine. A bit of a stretch from Kuta Square, but quiet (also no kids policy). Definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Seiryu Villas? Share your experiences!