“Good place for breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Paris, France
“Good place for breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

A fairly good place for breakfast. Food is good though not exceptional. Service is friendly. Dining on the terras is nice though the street is a bit busy and it can be hot. They open only for lunch and breakfast. Basically, you go for the atmosphere that is nice. Just a good vibe.

Visited December 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Inconsistent.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

When you're looking for a place to have a little break from an all day long shopping and walk around.. or.. if you're looking for a place for a decent coffee... I'd pick this place... and have been for the past 5 years...

but the common theme with this place has always been inconsistency in Service.. and food... but the fortunate thing.. the coffee remained pretty good throughout (although since then, I found a much better shop for that absolute coffee fix not too far from Corner store, will not disclose the name on this page.. feel free to message me to find out more).

Food is average... it is what it is.. sandwiches and some small lunch bites. definitely won't pick this place if it's just lunch that I look for. Service... seems that year after year.. it's just dropping down.. became too cool for school type.. almost as if "yeah we're popular, so i know customers won't mind waiting for a while longer". EVEN when they're not busy.

The ONLY other thing that I feel like I need to mention in their positive light.. besides the coffee... is when you first sat down , you'll get a nice cold towel !!!! i know it's a very minor thing.. but believe me.. it helps a LOT. hehe

another thing I need to mention, there's often a DVD seller walking about and hanging around just outside the corner store fence... so every now and then ... do expect yourself to get a little touting action from them to get you to buy some from them. So if it's not your thing... best to ignore them, or find some place else.

so overall... I think the hype is just a hype by now.. Standard dropped.. and the rest is just a waiting game..

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Down hill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have spent many enjoyable breakfasts and hearty lunches at Corner Store in the past as it was a favourite over the past 10 trips to Bali, most of them spent staying in Seminyak, however it pains me to say that my last experience was less than a pleasant one.

The restaurant used to be a place I could rely on for fresh and tasty food, even if the air con was not always the coldest and the service not always the quickest. This all changed with my last visit in October however. The air con was still luke warm and the service less than hasty, however when the food arrived there was not the usual anticipation of filling my stomach with the amazing morsels that had been placed in front of me. Rather the picture presented was of nosh akin to that which I would whip up at home as a snack. The "leg ham" was decidely processed and the bun stale, not something I'd experienced at my favourite lunch bar in Bali before and a major let down. To the point I didn't eat the second half of the baguette, a very rare occurence in my world indeed!

In all a big disappointment from an old favourite, I hope it was a one off because I am loathe to go back for what would be a very final chance if I do.

Visited October 2012
Bandung,Indonesia
“Their Coffee....hmmmmm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife is craving for their latte & it's still taste & smell the same which is excellent, their atmosphere is homey and is a nice place for breakfast or having a good cup of coffee...

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SG
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

raw cracked black peppers for breakfast omelettes and soft poaches/salads, good food. not for those who like it commercial and 'should taste/ look like this' bec its real food (i.e. hash with no fillers) - great place personally for those who appreciates.

Visited October 2012