“Wish I was still there” 5 of 5 stars

Sydney, Australia
“Wish I was still there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Amazing!
I stayed at Villa Des Indes II with my husband and another couple for 5 nights. We all loved it.
The staff of young men were friendly, warm, obliging and always happy. They couldn't do enough for us. Meli, the driver, took us on some wonderful day excursions. Thank you Meli. Koman, the manager, was very helpful, and always available to assist us in any activities we wanted to do. We all fell in love with Milo, the golden retriever, which is the villa dog.
The villa itself was fantastic. It was definitely built as a labour of love. It had two suites - one upstairs and one downstairs. Both were luxuriously appointed and very spacious. Everywhere throughout the bedrooms and Joglo were Indonesian artefacts which were beautiful and original.
Words can't describe the villa and the website doesn't do it justice.
Thank you to all the staff - we will be back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

We loved Villa Des Indes so much the first time that only three months later we were back! We stayed at the smaller villa the first time and the larger one with a group of friends the second time. Both stays were flawless. The houses are both incredibly comfortable with every imaginable luxury. The staff are warm, friendly, discreet and efficient - the perfect combination of there when you want them and not in your face when you want privacy. No request flusters them, no matter how big or small. The beds are superbly comfortable, the pools gorgeous, the food incredibly well priced as well as delicious. No complaints at all except that the villa dog, Milo, was sometimes not allowed to stay with us and we missed him when he wasn't around! What a phenomenal property!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
western australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Gorgeous.
Group of 6 girlfriends on a 5 night stay.
Communication- excellent pre trip email communication, Jo popped in to see us a couple of times during the stay but stressed that she was "on call" if we needed her for anything. She is a great asset to the villas in her manner and personality, the owners should be pleased!
Villa Complex- we had rented both Villa Des Indes I and II because our group was initially 8. We could have squeezed in to VDI I but having both properties was fabulous- loads of space. The whole complex is truly high end, very polished, antiques galore without compromising the Balinese feel. I had the guest bungalow to myself, it was spacious and so comfortable. Bathroom - inside and outside were lovely. I have been converted to Body Shop Olive Oil products, full size shampoo, conditioner and wash supplied in both bathrooms as well as soaps and other ammenities. Linen was great, towels were white and fluffy and the bed and pillows the most comfortable of all of my Bali stays.
My room had Cable tv/dvd. Lots of lamps, mosquito netting 4 poster bed. A/C was super effective. Upstairs was a lounge and little kitchen, good spot for a cocktail.
Two friends shared one of the king sized rooms with a 4 poster bed and extra single set up in the lounge area, another friend had the other king size. across in VDI II 2 friends each had a room to themselves and for 2 nights another friend arrived so shared with one of the girls. Ther are a couple of extra bedrooms in VDI II but they would be for maybe older kids.
Garden areas were very well tended. Lots of pool loungers available.
Staff- what a great bunch of young men work here, they were delightful. Very obliging, always smiling. The chef and his offsider were also fabulous. Big credit to the establishment.
Food and drinks- We had included breakfasts- all great and all served on the "good silver"!!! Coffee and tea was supplied FOC throughout the stay as was water. Afternoon tea was served between 3 and 5- really nice touch. Oh, and we arrived to a welcome drink and some appetisers.
We had a couple of pool side lunches- all good. Our last night was celebrated with a Ristaffel- very authentic Indo and Balinese cuisine. We had taken our own wine and spirits so didn't sample the drinks menu, I dont know what was on offer there.
Activities- we had a team from a nearby slaon come to do massages, facials and reflexology, as well as a team from Heavenly Feet (?) come for foot and leg massages. Whilst more expensive than surrounding places the sheer pleasure of having them come to us in "our" villa was totally, totally fantastic.
I am sure I have left things out but to sum it up, it was a magical experience and a great team of people. Thanks so much. I would love to go back some day.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Kiwi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

My wife and I have recently returned from our wedding in Bali - for the week we stayed in Bali, we stayed at Villa Des Indes II.

Villa Des Indes is the finest accommodation we have ever had the pleasure of experiencing - my wife spent over 10 years in the travel industry, travelling the world and staying in top quality hotels (50+ 4 & 5 star hotels, often with the hotels doing their best to impress in order to secure new business) - she believes it would be a disservice to Villa Des Indes to even compare it to any of the hotels she has stayed in, as it is so far superior in every way.

Located in Seminyak, the Villa is situated down a private road, manned by uniformed security guards and surrounded by other luxury villas in a large and very well maintained complex.

Upon first entering the villa through the impressive wooden doors, the view through to the Joglo and the pool is both welcoming and breathtaking - within moments the butlers have arrived with the best cold towels we got on our whole trip (so good my wife asked for the brand of washing powder and fabric softener so we can replicate the amazing refreshing smell when we got home!)

As we settled in to our villa, initially there was a feeling that, such was the quality and style of the furnishings and decorations, that it might be hard to relax (like living in an art gallery), but the very welcoming letter from the owner, David, and the friendly introduction by Komang, the villa manager, quickly put us at ease and allowed us to relax and enjoy the surroundings.

It truly is hard to describe the quality and style of every aspect of the villa - whilst the website has a huge amount of photos that provide a very accurate representation of the property, they cannot do justice to the feeling that you are indeed somewhere very special. The common area next to the pool is covered by an antique Joglo that often had me just staring up at the inside, marvelling at the craftsmanship (I believe the whole structure is put together without a single nail or fastener, but feels like it's solid as a rock)

Whilst the Joglo itself is an amazing centrepiece, it is complemented by the subtle and stylish antiques and collectibles that surround you - wherever you look, there is another piece that adds to the overall experience, without seeming overdone. The only modern feature in the Joglo area is the discreet but high quality Bose sound system.

Climbing the timber staircase to our room (actually a pleasure, due to the craftsmanship and solid feel of the staircase), you arrive at the lovely balcony overlooking the Joglo and the enter the bedroom via a study/library (don't bother bringing any books when you come to Des Indes - I wanted to read everything in the library and was disappointed that our schedule with the wedding planning didn't really give me chance to dig into them) - the bedroom has a stunning bed that the photos really don't do justice, and the room has a real feeling of old world romance...with a flat screen TV and cable of course! The bathroom is accessed via a dressing room which is very helpful. The bathrooms are incredible - a fusion of high quality modern stonework and antique bath, basins and fixtures. The shower is second to none - huge shower head as well as a second nozzle, but the shampoo, conditioner and body wash that are supplied are so good that they rate a mention too! We're going to get some at home to remind us of Des Indes!

All of the wonderful physical aspects of Villa Des Indes would make easily make it the most attractive and interesting place we're ever stayed, but it's really only half the story - what takes Villa Des Indes from easily being worthy of a 5 star rating, to something well in excess of any star rating, is the amazing villa staff.

Villa Des Indes has a total staff of 13, as well as a very special extra member of staff that you you won't get anywhere else in the world.

For a 2 bedroom villa, the number of staff is amazing, but even more amazing is the fact that you never really notice all of the work that is going on behind the scenes to ensure you are having an amazing experience - the majority of the time the only people you interact with are the butlers who are always there to help you with drinks, food, cold or swimming towels, or pretty much anything you need - we couldn't bring ourselves to ring the bell, but the butlers always seemed to be there whenever we needed anything anyway!

Due to us having to put together the final arrangements for the wedding once we arrived, my then fiancee was still very busy, as well as a little stressed trying to ensure it all came together - without the staff at villa Des Indes going the extra mile to assist us, our entire wedding experience would have been completely different. Their assistance with things like having the wedding clothes, including the dress, professionally steamed, and organising cars to the ceremony etc were a life saver.

The Marketing Manager for the Villa, Jo, also helped my wife arrange a Ladies Pamper Day for all the ladies who had travelled to Bali to be at our wedding - Jo arranged for masseuses to come to the villa, as well as cocktails and canapes - it was a great success and I understand all of the ladies had a great time.

All of the food served at the villa is cooked on site by the Chefs (Ketut & Gede) - breakfasts are fantastic - continental + full english/american is no problem, as well as the super tasty fruit platter with mangostein fruit that i wouldn't have tasted due to the look of it, but it's very tasty indeed. The snacks we sometimes ordered in the afternoon were also great (Satay, Calamari etc) - very reasonably priced for top quality 'home cooked' restaurant food. We didn't eat dinner at the villa as there are many nice restaurants in Seminyak, but I'm sure the evening meals would have been equally good.

One of the 'staff' that contributed so much to our feeling our relaxation was Milo, the Villa's resident Golden Retriever - he lives at the villa and if you're a dog or animal lover, it's an amazing added bonus - if you don't like dogs, he seemed perfectly hanging out in the staff quarters also, so he wouldn't be in the way. He's such a beautifully good natured and mellow dog, I can't see how anyone wouldn't love to have him around.

There were really so many little touches that it's impossible to remember them all - we hired some scooters to get around, which was probably a mistake in hindsight, especially for getting around at night...the traffic can be a bit hectic, but whenever we came back to the villa we tended to just park them haphazard in a little area next to the front door, but when we came back to them, they we all perfectly lined up, helmets and keys ready to go.

Overall, I really can't say enough about our experience at Villa Des Indes - we were very sad to leave, and can't wait until the next time we can go back. Special mention must go to the butlers, Esta, Komang, Russian & Han - the service was impeccable, and it felt like you were there with friends, rather than 'staff', which makes it a priceless experience.

If you can find some like minded friends to take the other room, don't even think about it - just book your flights to Bali ASAP and stay at Villa Des Indes - i promise you won't regret it.. Even if you book out the whole place yourself, It's still head and shoulders above the other 5 star hotels that surround it and you get something special, rather than just a nice room.

Dan & Taryn

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Creswell, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

Beautiful villa with incredible furnishings, all antiques from around Indonesia. Villa des Indes is actually two sets of villas, each across the street from one another. Villa I is a three bedroom villa with swimming pool and central jogola. We stayed in Villa II, which is two bedrooms and was extremely private. It had its own central living area, dining room and swimming pool, and the garden was quite large. I couldn't tell from the website just how private it was, but it is really nice. We had the upstairs villa, and our friends had the downstairs one, and they were spacious and very luxuriously furnished with excellent AC and beautiful paintings and figures everywhere. It's really amazing that the owners let people stay in such a beautifully furnished place. I would worry myself sick over someone putting down water glasses without coasters, etc. because the pieces are just that lovely.

The villa is well located in downtown Semiyak, across the street from the ocean and just down the road from a variety of restaurants. The linens were excellent, and great toiletries. Excellent service, including a great driver. We didn't spend much time at the beach, because the villa itself was so beautiful and peaceful that we found it the best place to spend our days.

Massage at the villa was okay - I would highly recommend using Jari Menari, which is hands down the best massage I've had in Bali and only a few minutes away.

The only downside to the stay was the noise of a neighboring villa that played dance music until 3 or 4 am during two of the three nights of our stay. I thought it was a night club, so I had no idea that there was any possibility of getting them to turn it down, but when we were leaving, one of the staff mentioned that had we complained, they would have gone next door and had them turn it down. I would suggest doing this anyway, as many guests may not think about it, but honestly, it wasn't that big a deal, as I am a pretty heavy sleeper and my husband brought ear plugs. So I would definitely not hold the inconsiderateness of a neighboring villa against this place - just know to speak up if you don't want the nightclub music playing all night long!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
joindo, Marketing at Villa Des Indes, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
Thank you so much for your lovely review of Villa Des Indes II. The owners visited shortly after you left and were so enthused to hear your appreciation for the art and antiques as each piece is carefully chosen by them.

We have addressed the noise situation with the staff who will remain vigilant from now onwards.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Bali

All the very best from the staff at Villa Des Indes
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

we have had the best experance we have ever had at Villa Des Indes, Bali, I have stayed at many super Lodges in Australia , New Zealand and the South pacific,I would rate Villa Des Indes to be our best ever experances. The Location,personal butler service, private driver who is like a GPS! meals are amazing , the Villa's are the most tastefully decorated with fantastic works of art from paintings, rugs, indonesian antiques, swiming pool. the meet and great service for our arrvial at the airport made a great start to our time off, no queing ! True class and serive of a by gone era. Its not a hotel its 3 one bed roomed villas and totaly private.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Des Indes? Share your experiences!