We stayed over the new year period and the villa was located in the heart of Seminyak, juts a couple streets off the main drag of Seminyak/Oberoi area. 5 mins to all the popular haunts.
Its was a very busy time of the year being NYE and all, so we hope that the service levels sufferred as a result. The villa was severely understaffed and unless you book early or in advance for transfers, breakfast...etc, as staff tend to need reminders, and attention to details were a bit of a challenge.
The villa is not too child friendly (we had a 2 yr old) so keeping an eye so that nobody goes tumbling into the pool was a full time job.
The driver recommended by the hotel was "functional" but could not suggest if prompted for suggestions, and certainly did not offer information about the places we were heading, it costs US$50 (incl taxes) per day for 10 hours, which we subsequently found out was probably on the high side.
Overall ok, location was central for those wanting to be in seminyak/oberoi, but a bit planning and would've got a better place for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our villa estate is only 20 minutes drive from the International Airport and is nestled in the most fashionable district of Bali, called Seminyak. We are located within a minutes’ walk to Bali’s famous Eat Street with lots of popular restaurants, fashionable boutiques, prestigious art shops and clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Residence Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Seminyak Hotel Bali
- The Residence Seminyak Bali