We were in Bali for Christmas 2012. We had already had a bad experience with by booking a private villa just going through the looks of it online. In reality it turned to dirty and unkept. We decided to shift to The Residence Seminyak since we had already stayed at their property in Phuket. We had a great time at their property in Phuket, hence decided to move here although this was more expensive than the villa we booked earlier.
Nonetheless we checked-in and the villa looked gorgeous! We were there for 15 minutes or so and realised that the air-conditioning was not so effective. The engineering checked and said that give it a few minutes minutes more and it will work fine. We gave it another 30 minutes and it was still the same. The lady checking us in, did not charge our cards saying she'll check if some other room is available. Since there was no other room available, she suggested that we head out for Dinner (since we checked in around 7.30-8pm) and come back and see if the AC is cold enough. If not then we can choose to move out to another villa resort.
We agreed and head out for dinner at around 9pm and got back by 12am (we also checked a few villas, incase we had to move). When we got back, the cooling was still the same with no improvement. We decided to leave and move to another place. By this time the lady who checked us in was replaced by a guy the reception desk. We informed him that we are going since the cooling is still the same. To our shock, he said you have to pay half day charge since you're checking out after 12am. We told him politely that this was never told to us, and his colleague and herself suggested that if the room isn't cool until after we are back, we can leave. That is the reason she had not even charged our credit cards. This man here refused to listen to anything and when we said that we are not liable to pay since we didn't even use the room or stay in it, only our luggage was there, he refused to budge. Rather threatened us to call the police and get us arrested! We asked him he can feel free to call the police since we didn't do anything wrong, along with which we asked that lady to be called who checked us in. She came, and admitted not informing us about half day or about telling us if we were suppose to be back within a certain time period. However, when she called her manager he told her blatantly that since it was her fault so either she pays or we pay. We agreed to pay and told the RUDE man at the desk that we didn't pay because we were scared of the police, but because the poor girl would have had to pay and she probably didn't even make that much of salary. This was one of the worst experiences we came across, and we shall never recommend this chain of resorts to anyone ever because it's not just the rooms that make a resort good, it's the service and the attitude of the people. They might have extorted a half day rate from us, but they can be rest assured that they've lost a patronage and good recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our villa estate is only 20 minutes drive from the International Airport and is nestled in the most fashionable district of Bali, called Seminyak. We are located within a minutes’ walk to Bali’s famous Eat Street with lots of popular restaurants, fashionable boutiques, prestigious art shops and clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Residence Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Seminyak Hotel Bali
- The Residence Seminyak Bali