“Service Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Seri Villas

You added The Seri Villas to your Saves list
The Seri Villas
4.5 of 5 Villa   |   Gang Telaga Waja | Petitenget, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #100 of 305 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Service Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The staff at Seri Villas would do anything for you, we became close to one staff member in particular called Chandra, we were quite hard work but what ever we asked for they gave us. The villa was lovely we had a 2 bed Villa with private pool they came and made us breakfast every morning, cleaned up as soon as we left the villa. Would definitely stay here again, could also walk to center of seminyak :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
PartOwnerSeriVillas, Owner at The Seri Villas, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear SamWilliams86
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we have stuck it up on the notice board in the office!

It's so nice to hear that our staff, and in particular Chandra, helped to make your stay become more personal. I'll be seeing her today, I'm sure she will be delighted to hear that she made such a good impression.

Hope to see you back in Bali soon.
m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed at Seri twice now, both times for its amazing location - its so close to some of Seminyak's coolest bars and restaurants - Potatohead, ku de ta, living room, etc, and a short walk to the beach.

On my most recent stay, we stayed in one of the recently refurbed villas. The villas are a good size, comfy and built around a beautiful plunge pool, perfect for chilling out in peace and quiet. The upgrades they've made are fantastic, breathing new life into a really lovely space.

The staff were very helpful - bookings, massages, transport, nothing was too much trouble.

I've been to Bali many times and stayed at lots of different villas, but will happily come back to Seri again for the location and value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PartOwnerSeriVillas, Owner at The Seri Villas, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Sjbarry
thanks very much for taking the time to write

We are so pleased that you decided to come back to stay with us again and that you had a relaxing and peaceful time. Bali is beautiful this time of the year.

We have been really busy over the last few months renovating so it's nice to know that you've enjoyed the fruits of our labours, I'll pass on your positive review to our maintenance guys - they will really appreciate it.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is my third trip to Bali, with Seri Villas being the best bang for my bucks so far. For the same price I've previously paid for a hotel. I have two buildings separated buy a good size pool and courtyard, two bedrooms with separate bathroom each, a massive lounge room / dining room with a fully appointed kitchen. All refurbished with modern style and everything new and in working order. They have drivers, who'll take you locally for free, if you can't be bothered walking only 5/10 minutes to Biku, Bali Catering Company, Potatoe head and heaps of other cool restaurants & bars. Today the owner sat with me for ages giving me advice about how much and where etc, which was great because I could communicate with her so well, but the staff all have a good grasp of english too. So far so good - I've found my regular accommodation for bali now. Exciting!

Room Tip: I'm in villa four which is close to reception so not far to to come and go.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
PartOwnerSeriVillas, Owner at The Seri Villas, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Jae T
Thanks for the write up
Its great to hear that you liked The Seri Villas and that it's going to be your Bali base from now on.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed for 8 nights at Seri Villlas early Feburary..was wary as have been told photos can be misleading..a transfer meet us at airport and took us straight there.It is down a long narrow road but this makes it very quiet I sometimes wondered if other people were staying there..The villa is exactly like the photos I was wrapped..the staff are only to happy to assist you in anyway without wanting anything in return ie.tip.The breakfast that is cooked for you is just delicious ..this is my first trip here and have 2groups of friends staying at other hotels this is by far superior..I thoroughly recommend Seri Villa Apartments to all..I will be back to stay there upon my return..

Dear Regina K
thanks for the review, we are so pleased that you picked our hotel for your first visit to beautiful Bali, we're looking forward to you coming back and seeing us again.

Bali is famed for it's hospitality so its nice of you to comment on how lovely our staff are.
We've been doing a lot of renovations recently to bring the villas back up to the standard of the photos on the website so we are glad its all been worthwhile.

I love the breakfasts too!!

see you soon
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I'm half way threw my stay this place is awesome to stay in,my best friend and I are here on 8day stay,the staff are friendly and very helpful keen to please and the rooms etc very very comfortable we will return here in the future,quite and clean !

Dear Stefanie H
thanks very much for the review

so pleased you had a good time and that the staff were keen to please

hopefully we will see you back in Bali soon

Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My partner surprised me with a 5 day weekend at the Seri Villa's for my 30th birthday.

We arrived at the Villas quite late after a late flight and went straight to sleep. Upon waking I was very upset to see that two windows were looking down into our open air bathroom, my partner spoke to reception and was shown the windows. The windows are in the villa spa and never used although I did still feel uncomfortable using the bathroom knowing that someone could be looking out! We did ask to change to another villa but they were completely booked out for the remainder of our stay.

The villa's themselves are quite run down and look nothing like the photographs on their website, they are certainly not 5 star accomodation. The villa's are also in a very poor location, most taxi drivers were unable to find the villas.

The air conditioning unit in our bedroom stopped working which made the bedroom very uncomfortable, we had to ask twice for the air conditioning to be fixed. In the heat and humidity of Bali surely this would be a priority to keep guests as comfortable as possible?

On the morning of Sunday 6th of January (my birthday) we woke up and had breakfast in the room and were planning to go to to see Tanah Lot before the rest of our birthday plans. My partner decided to have a swim in the pool, I went to the bathroom, walked out, sat by the pool and we heard a large crashing sound, more crashing sounds followed and parts of the ceiling fell through the open section of the bathroom. We went into a panic and ran into the bathroom to see the ENTIRE CEILING HAD COLLAPSED! The first crashing noise was around 20 - 30 seconds after I had left the bathroom, I am just thankful I decided not to immediately have a shower!

My partner and I were obviously shaken and I immediately called reception, the work men arrived within minutes and started surveying the bathroom. After 5 minutes I called reception again and asked if anyone was going to come down to see if we were okay. The female working on reception came down and I could not believe how rude she was, a quick sorry and then tried to bundle us into another villa that another couple had just checked out of (we had been told previously that the villas were booked out for the remainder of our stay). We were obviously quite upset as it was my birthday, our plans were ruined and we were both a little shaken up. My partner tried to explain this to the reception staff member who then proceeded to tell him that this was not the case, she informed him that my birthday is in May not on the 6th of January.

After this we were both so angry, the celing has collapsed, we have been offered a very weak apology and now I'm being told that today is not my birthday. I asked to speak to the Manager and was told the Manager does not work on Sundays but we would be able to speak to the Manager on the telephone. The Manager was apologetic for the ceiling and the rudeness of her staff and much more polite than the reception staff but still did not offer us anything apart from a change of villa.

After speaking to the Manager my partner and I decided to leave, we looked at the other villa but really just wanted to find somewhere else to stay. The reception staff member came back and was much easier to deal with (I'm assuming that she was spoken to by the Manager), she apologied for stating that my birthday was in May (apparently she looked at the wrong passport) and tried her best to get us to stay. She even offered my a surprise birthday party (extrememly laughable, not much of a surprise if she was telling me about it).

For your own safety do not stay here, the security is very minimal and after the ceiling drama I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. We could have been seriously hurt and the staff did not care at all.

We were refunded for the two nights that we did not stay in the villa, the refund took some time to reach us (around ten days).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
martin h, Owner at The Seri Villas, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review
I am sorry that you did not have as good a time as you expected.

We love our indoor and outdoor bathrooms, many guests love the open air feel, it's something thats hard to replicate at home. The windows in the spa will be changed so that it's impossible for someone to look into the bathroom at your villa.

We are currently renovating all the rooms, we have a procedure to do this at regular intervals and will investigate if this needs to become more frequent.
The villas are located down one of the many small roads that criss cross Bali, we carefully selected our land so that we would be away from the hustle and bustle and noise that main roads attract.

I am extremely sorry for the lack of empathy our front desk staff showed you, I will be conducting an interview this week and will follow up. There is no excuse for the way we made you feel. I am surprised that you were not offered some in house massages in apology.
I am pleased though that we acted quickly and refunded the unused days. I just wish your stay was so much better.
We are working on your complaints and will be trying to eliminate the root couses so that do not happen again.

Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at Seri Villas for 3 nights with 3 of my girlfriends over NYE 2013. We found the Villas over booking.com and booked a two bedroom villa at a very good price. We were all looking forward to staying there especially after looking at the photos on their website. Well I have to say that we were a bit disappointed when we arrived. First of all, it was not as clean as we expected. The size of the bedrooms and living area was nice but the bathrooms were the real disappointment. Our shower did not work properly and that's why it was constantly flooded. Even though the swimming pool looked nice, we didn't take a swim once because it also looked dirty. There was constant noise coming from a building site right next to the villa. The best thing was the breakfast they prepared for us in the villa every morning. Finally, to comment on the location, well the villas are situated in a very small street which is not easy to find. We didn't feel very comfortable walking all the way from the main Seminyak road at night. It is really not far from the main road where all the beach clubs are, during the day it is only 10 minutes walk to the beach, however, at night we preferred to take a taxi back. Unfortunately, knowing now all other beautiful hotels and villas in Seminyak area, I have to say that I would not choose to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
martin h, Owner at The Seri Villas, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for writing a review.
I'm an owner of the property and I take your feedback very seriously.

We are currently renovating all the rooms with a focus on overhauling the bathrooms so if you do return I'm sure taking a shower or lounging in that large bath will be much more inviting.

The swimming pools are regularly checked and are always clean, we use green tiles to give a natural feel and subtle look to the villas perhaps the aesthetic didn't appeal.

I'm sorry about the building work next door, I'm sure the very good price you received factored that in a little. The work is being finished now so should not be a problem going forward.

We love our location, yes it is down one of the small roads to criss cross the whole of Bali but as a result we don't get any of the noisy through traffic. Not many villas can say they are only a very short walk from Potato Head, Hu'u and the nearby restaurants. I'm sorry that you did not feel comfortable to walk down the road at night, Seminyak is a safe place most of the time, but as always please use discretion. I attach a thread concerning safety.

I do hope we see you again.
Please contact me via the hotel if you would like

Been to The Seri Villas? Share your experiences!