“Bed bugs at The Seri Villas - Seminyak” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Seri Villas

You added The Seri Villas to your Saves list
The Seri Villas
4.5 of 5 Villa   |   Gang Telaga Waja | Petitenget, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #100 of 306 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Bed bugs at The Seri Villas - Seminyak”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had the painful ordeal of being bitten by bed bugs at The Seri Villas - Seminyak in Bali, Indonesia. It was a nightmarish experience to get 40 itchy bites on my right arm, 15 bites on my left arm, and several of them on my face, neck and legs.

Our efforts to alert the reception were downplayed as the staff suggested that I had an allergic reaction instead. She briefly replied that she could not do anything for us when we asked for a cream to manage the insect bites. There was no corrective action taken after we requested for the bedsheets to be changed. We had to telephone the reception an hour later to remind them to change the bedsheets.

This has truly been a disappointing experience marred by dismal service and the lack of guest room preventive maintenance at The Seri Villas - Seminyak.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
jasminabali, Owner at The Seri Villas, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that you had bites at our villas, however, I can assure you that we do not have bed bugs at our villas. We have never had a complaint before or after you checked in, in fact we have never had this type of complaint in the 4 years we have been operational. I spoke to my staff, and they said they did change your sheets, and they were concerned for you, as when they saw your skin, they said it looked like it could have been an allergic reaction or perhaps mosquito bites? I hope you will come back again, so you can see that staff always go out of their way to make sure the guests are comfortable, and we will make sure you get well taken care of.
Best regards, Jane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights, a short trip though but service was good. The service staffs there were attentive and good. On the first night there, I had planned to have a surprise candle light dinner and arranged it with the staffs. They were great with the arrangements and were detailed about it. We had a great romantic setup though they were not able to arrange their cook, we had to order from the nearby restaurant. Food was cold when served but their arrangements for candlelight and romantic decor was good. Staffs were kind enough to arrange another room for us since our room water pressure in the bathroom went low.

Room Tip: Location to the beach requires a little walk through the small road which was quite dark if you were...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
jasminabali, Director of Sales at The Seri Villas, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took good care of you. We are always improving, so we apologize for any mistakes. We glad to hear you enjoyed the romantic set up and we hope to see you again at The Seri Villas. Best regards, Ayu and TSV team.
Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in April 2012 while in Seminyak for a wedding.Booked 2 brm villa. Staff were excelent, nothing too much trouble for them, had them book all our restuarants transfers etc.Had them meet us at the Airport. Taxis are cheap so location is not a problem. Get staff to book. Airconditioning to the bedrooms as well as the living areas was a bonus, as some of our friends only had air to living areas at other properties. No airconditioning in the ensuites made it hard for the girls to prepare makeup etc...very hot and steamy.In room breakfast was fantastic as were the massage, manicure and pedicure, all in our villa.Villas were very clean,tiedy and serviced daily.Some of the large bifold doors were sticky and hard to open but everything else worked fine. Have recomended this one to my sister and she is booked for August.
Nice place to relax and good base for your Bali experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
jasminabali, Owner at The Seri Villas, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review, as we really appreciate it! I m glad to hear that you took full advantage of our wonderful staff, who will always go out of their way to arrange your needs and make sure your stay with us is enjoyable. We hope to see you again and thank you for your recommendation. Best regards, Jane and TSV Team
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I rented one of these villas blind..meaning I didn’t read the reviews and based my decision on the website alone. Although the villa was nice (tropical modern style) I must admit that it did appear more “tired” than the pics on the website..specifically the bathrooms. But before starting off I have to say that the management office was really helpful and accommodating. We had to postpone our trip due to an emergency and they allowed us to move the dates several times with no penalties. And I cannot praise the staff enough…helpful, courteous and always smiling.

However I had quite a couple of issues staying here. First and foremost was the hot water…the hot water I never got to experience the 10 days I was there in BOTH bathrooms. A comfortable bed and hot water are the two golden rules of hotel management that cannot be broken in my book. And every single day I would call them to tell them I had no hot water and they would act surprised and say they’ll send the technician…yeah that never worked.

Second issue…I don’t know if this was to conserve energy…but occasionally I would have to call to have them turn the water on. And I would find this out after getting in the tub…so that got annoying.

Third issue…the A/Cs in the rooms are just not powerful enough. And mine didn’t work for two of the nights I was there. Lord forbid you leave the bathroom door open a minute (since the bathroom is “outdoor”)…your room temperature automatically rises 10 degrees. They really need to at least install fans in both the rooms and bathroom!

Fourth issue…the bathrooms. I feel they could have been kept cleaner. Z kYes as other reviewers have mentioned they definitely need to be revamped. It was terribly hot in there…with LOTS of mosquitoes. The bathtub was stained, the rocks on the floor leading to the shower were slippery…ughhhh.

Fifth issue..the cable in my room did not work.

Sixth issue for some reason there were quite a few ants in the kitchen. We even found some in the fridge so they need to have this looked at.

Also keep in mind..that although the entrance to Seri Villas is well located…it is a good 5 minute walk from the main road. The road isn’t completely well paved and lots of stray dogs in that neighborhood..so not that fun to walk in..especially at night.

All this being said…I just think they need to give the bathrooms a facelift and take care of their technical issues with the water and a/cs. But the pool area was quite nice and they make a greattt breakfast in the morning for you in the villa. And once again the staff was excellent!!

I would also like to add that I am basing this review on the technical issues experienced in MY villa. Wouldn’t stay here again until I was assured they got their act together.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting a detailed review of The Seri Villas. We are very sorry to hear there were problems in your villa, however, the water issue was a government supply issue, and have solved any problems we had during your stay and doing our best to make sure these issues are resolved. I' m pleased to hear that you like the service, and that our staff and management treated you well. We hope you will come back again. Best regards, Jane and TSV Team
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Overall, beautiful villas, but a bit out of the way. We spent 4 days at the villa's over Easter. Booked a 3 bedroom villa, a room for myself, one for my daughter and the other for my friend. The villa was very clean, each with its own spacious bathroom. The pool is fabulous with 3 sunloungers to relax and enjoy. It had a kitchen, dining room and family room. breakfast is made for you each morning in your villa and is very filling. Indo or America breakie. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Some things to consider, the road to the villa is not signed, so some taxi's didnt know how to get there. A few mozzies at night, so they need to spray more to keep these in check (this is done at other villas). The food in the "room service" file wasnt available, so luckily we knew of other restaurants and got food delivered. The road has a few potholes, so very bumping going in. Would prefer a list of groceries to be made available to be delivered as only basic drinks in the fridge. Laundry service very slow, left bag with docket on bed, advised staff, but it didnt get collected. Overall very good, but you will to get taxi's to the main areas. Great if you a couple or family needed a quiet time, however you will need to taxi everywhere to the main tourist spots and cannot walk to the shops or restaurants from the villa. Overall good.

Room Tip: have a villa away from the main road, dogs bark and the traffic noise sometimes at night
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We spent a week in Bali from 28th December 2011 to 4th January 2012 & stayed at the Seri Villas in a 2 bedroom villa with another couple. The staff are absolutely lovely people & do go out of their way to look after you. The villa itself is spacious with a separate living area (lounge/dining/kitchen) which you can completely enclose with bi-fold doors & have the air-conditioning on which was a god-send for us in the heat. There is a deck area with a couple of sun chairs & an umbrella & a good sized private pool separating the living area from the two bedrooms. Each bedroom had their own "open air" bathroom. Not a big fan of the open air bathrooms, as the lighting is very poor at night & it is very hot...so not a good place to try & put on your makeup, as you start sweating...not to mention getting eaten alive by mozzies! The air conditioning in the bedrooms was fantastic. It was always like a fridge in our room, so it was nice to walk into after a day out in the heat. The mattresses were unfortunately a little too firm for us. The breakfasts were made by the staff in our kitchen....simple, but lovely (the banana pancakes are yummo!). We hired scooters from them for A$5 per day...very cheap way to get around bali, but can be quite freaky on the roads sometimes with the amount of cars & bikes on the road at the same time. We had a couple of near misses & I'm surprised there aren't more bike accidents in bali. We also hired one of their drivers to take us up to Ubud on 2 separate trips...a long way to travel (1.5 hours each way), but so worth it...the monkey sanctuary is a must-see & they have great boutique shops there. Each trip cost about A$50 to hire the driver for 6-7 hours. The only real annoying thing about staying there was the fact that there was a rooster living right behind our villa & he would crow from first thing in the morning & not stop till after lunch. Couple that with the fact that there was constant construction going on behind us as well, meant that there was never a chance to have a sleep in. We paid about A$1600 per couple to stay there for the week, which I think wasn't too bad (seeing that it was New Years), but definitely wouldn't be worth staying there if it was just one couple. Next time I think I would like to try one of the hotel resorts, as there are many very nice ones to choose from with lots to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for one far away from the rooster!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Gosford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My family went to Bali for a wedding. We stayed at The Seri Villas while we were in Bali. What
a wonderful place to stay. The service was first class and we were treated so well that I would like to recommend people to stay there. The people that looked after us were so friendly that I
felt like I was part of there family.
If anyone is thinking of going to Bali, think about staying at The Seri Villas.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Seri Villas? Share your experiences!