“A hidden gem” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Sydney
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our night out at La Sal and were impressed by the attentive waiters and food quality. We began with tapas and were big fans of the salt and pepper calamari which had the right amount of crunch and flavour. We then had pork ribs for our main which were juicy and well-seasoned- everything you could ask for in ribs! The bill was reasonable which topped off our great experience.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend La Sal and believe it to be one of several hidden gems that can be found in relation to Bali dining.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“great restaurant quietly tucked away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

this restaurant is quietly tucked away on a side street but well worth the effort to find it. the menu has a good selection, is reasonably priced and of great quality. the atmosphere is casual, the service is friendly and efficient

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Baby pork ribs to die for!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Back again at one of my favorite restaurants in Seminyak. Not pretentious, just good spanish food in casual open setting. The garden area is lovely with lights in the trees next to the BBQ which turns out great grill offerings. The baby back ribs with plenty of salt with a drizzle of lemon are superb and never disappoint. I usually get an extra slab takeaway to have by the pool villa the next day.

The Sangria is deadly though..strongest I've ever had so go lightly. Only disappointment on this visit is that they no longer have 'Grandma's Meatballs' which were the best ever. Please bring them back now!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melb Aust
“Wonderful and away from the rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I forgot just how good this restaurant is. On my return I would say I had the best slow cooked pork I have ever eaten anywhere in the world. Lovely outdoor setting, great service and amazing food. Cant fault it

Visited October 2012
matador144, Manager at La Sal, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
As is well known, through the food you can learn a culture and we hope we have been worthy of representing Spain and Mediterranean cuisine.

We give our sincere thanks for visiting us. Best wishes from the direction of La Sal, Seminyak, Bali

Gonzalo Sanchez Villa.
Northern Marianas
“Outstanding Spanish Tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I really don't care for Tapas, because I always feel like a sucker paying six or eight bucks for two bites of something. La Sal is different. Four of us were able to have a taste of each dish we ordered, sometimes more than a taste. And the food is outstanding. The sangria (even though I'm a red wine guy, I prefer the white wine sangria) was great, and the tuna carpaccio was superb! La Sal is a very nice, open-air restaurant, with great service and memorable food.

Visited November 2012